Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIP...what does it really get you?

Default Re: VIP...what does it really get you?

Yes, the VIP parking is extra.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterArt View Post
    I've done VIP 2 years in a row now. The shaded areas, comfortable sitting area behind the bar, cleaner bathrooms, and better food options make it worth every penny...at least I think so.
    Impostors. A very important person would be appalled about these fringe benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by eimie View Post
    I just randomly posted this in another thread:

I had the (mis)fortune of sneaking into the Special Guests section (left front row of main stage) following the Santigold back-up dancing opportunity this past Sunday, and while it was unreal to be able to enjoy ATDI's set from the front row without being touched once (whereas I had been fearing for my safety the previous Sunday), it felt completely lame to be surrounded by people who were basically friends of insiders, spent no $ to get in, and really didn't care all that much about being there either. Upon realizing that, my guilt about having snuck in transformed into "damn right I earned my way here after actually paying for both weekends". Life isn't fair sometimes.

And inside that area, btw, I noticed that there were 2 different colored wristbands: Purple (with the <3) (which meant basically VIP + special left front section), and Yellow (all that + backstage).
    the wristband with the heart also allowed backstage access, artist compound access, etc. way more access than "vip'. also, a majority of those passes are paid for by the people wearing them or someone they know who paid for them, there are hardly any comps anymore.

you didn't earn your way there any more than most of us in there. cool how you are able to judge so many just by looking at them, dumbass. i have been making my way out there for 9 years in a row, spend a lot of time, money, and effort to do so, and even risk what is left of my health to be there. tell me i don't care as much as anyone else on those polo fields.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-26-2012 at 11:26 AM.

I know someone who was given a <3 wristband and didn't go backstage or anything at all like that because she was chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

biggest benefit? golf cart rides to all the stages.

Tell your buddy I want one of those next year. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

damn, those "guest" sections seemed pretty huge, i just assumed they were VIP, which i thought was kinda cool, but still don't know if it would persuade me to upgrade next year. were there ever very many "guests" occupying those spaces or were they mostly swaths of unoccupied prime real estate?
    every day, every year

definitely filled up at night, there was plenty of room during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    the wristband with the heart also allowed backstage access, artist compound access, etc. way more access than "vip'. also, a majority of those passes are paid for by the people wearing them or someone they know who paid for them, there are hardly any comps anymore.

you didn't earn your way there any more than most of us in there. cool how you are able to judge so many just by looking at them, dumbass. i have been making my way out there for 9 years in a row, spend a lot of time, money, and effort to do so, and even risk what is left of my health to be there. tell me i don't care as much as anyone else on those polo fields.
    so do you pretty much have to have an insider hook to get one of the heart or plus access wristbands? I would be interested to see how much one would be.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I know someone who was given a <3 wristband and didn't go backstage or anything at all like that because she was chicken.
    lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by phosh View Post
    so do you pretty much have to have an insider hook to get one of the heart or plus access wristbands? I would be interested to see how much one would be.
    Don't you get them with the Safari tent package?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Don't you get them with the Safari tent package?
    Yes you do. It's an Artist level pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Yes you do. It's an Artist level pass.
    They advertise Safari (S) as Artist level (A), but it's really not. It is actually equivalent to Artist Guest (Heart) pass. The only real difference is the Artists can actually get between the front rail and the photographers pit area. Other than that you have access to pretty much everything. In fact we actually got to walk the festival grounds on Thursday night while they were still setting up.

Question: there seem to be some restaurants only located in VIP areas, does that mean only VIP people can order from them? Is this a dumb question?

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Yes
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    i don't think i had to wait even once the entire weekend to use the bathrooms.
    Seriously. This x100. I'm always hearing about these awful lines to use bathrooms. Is it just the women's ones? I have never, ever had to wait more than approximately 40 seconds to use a bathroom at Coachella in the <10 years that I've been going. Usually it's instantaneous.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Seriously. This x100. I'm always hearing about these awful lines to use bathrooms. Is it just the women's ones? I have never, ever had to wait more than approximately 40 seconds to use a bathroom at Coachella in the <10 years that I've been going. Usually it's instantaneous.
    The only place I've seen bathroom lines were near the Sahara tent and Mojave. Those are definitely the most nasty bathrooms imo. VIP restrooms are ALWAYS clean. GA restrooms are hit or miss depending on the location and time of day.

Question Re: VIP...what does it really get you?

I won VIP passes for this upcoming Coachella 2014, weekend 2. Will I be able to get into the cut-off area that's closer to the stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciindyshines View Post
    I won VIP passes for this upcoming Coachella 2014, weekend 2. Will I be able to get into the cut-off area that's closer to the stage?
    No.

9/30 King Crimson - Orpheum Theatre
    10/29 Tycho - Ventura Theater
    10/31 QOTSA - Forum
    11/4 United Nations - Los Globos