Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2012 Recordings

Default Re: Coachella 2012 Recordings

One More
    Buzzcocks - Live @ Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, USA, 14-04-2012

http://livebootlegconcert.blogspot.pt/

menik, this godspeed recording is really amazing. thanks for getting this...

too bad that person is talking through the first few minutes of Hope Drone though. Great sound however

I know you guys said there was no webcast, but should anyone come across any quality audio/video of the 2nd weekend Radiohead set, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If it's Wknd 1, a guy on ecstasy was talking and pumping up against people right at the front for the first 10 mins or so. Pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    menik, this godspeed recording is really amazing. thanks for getting this...

too bad that person is talking through the first few minutes of Hope Drone though. Great sound however
    2014 completely unrealistic wishlist: Radiohead, Atoms For Peace, Elbow, Doves, Kristin Hersh, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Shy Child, Massive Attack, Zero 7, The Dickies, Holy Fuck, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, The Flaming Lips

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    is that chucky canuck guy kroqken?
    Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Naw, too much hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Bloke View Post
    It's ok i got those 3. GYBE sounds fantastic as I was on the barrier.
    Here's what I recorded.
    Friday:
    Rapture (half set)
    Would this be the first or second half of their set?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Not knocking anyone for this, I think it's awesome you all take your time to record sets, but it seems like everyone recorded the same sets =/

Just an observation.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

so has the Flying Lotus recording been unleashed yet? I say unleashed cuz that shit was beast

Quote Originally Posted by chucky canuck View Post
    If it's Wknd 1, a guy on ecstasy was talking and pumping up against people right at the front for the first 10 mins or so. Pain in the ass.
    It's some girl......... Loudly saying oh i think I know this song. Like multiple times. And then later "oh my god this is Moya right." "wait, is this Moya?" "hey... is this Moya" (no one can hear her except the mic) "HEY IS THIS MOYA"

It was, in fact, not Moya. Or at least according to Menik's track list it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    I don't think so.

If it was, it was a closely guarded secret which thousands of despairing coachella fans could not uncover through legal or illegal means.
    The second weekend was not webcast.
    I was the video director at the Outdoor Stage for both weekends and the second weekend our crew was there only to feed
    video to the IMAG screens.

Here's what I recorded.
    Friday:
    Girls
    Arctic Monkeys (first half)
    WU LYF
    Pulp
    Rapture (half set)
    Explosions in the sky
    Refused

Saturday:
    Badbadnotgood
    Black Lips
    Radiohead
    The shins
    Jeff mangum (missing first and last song)
    Godspeed You Black Emporer

Sunday:
    Real estate
    The hives (missing first 2 songs)
    Justice
    At the drive-in
    Dre and snoop (missing last 2 songs)

I haven't had a change to check the quality on most of the recordings but hey, it's better than nothing. A bit bummed I didn't see more bands but it was just too hot during the day. Barely left the shade of our campsite before 6pm.
    hell yeah, thank you! any idea on when these will be up?

9/23 Modest Mouse @ Pappy & Harriet's
    10/7 Ought @ Eagle Rock Center For The Arts
    10/25 Beach Goth @ The Observatory

Also, Kaskade uploaded his WKND2 set here: http://soundcloud.com/kaskade/kaskad...coachella-2012

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Not knocking anyone for this, I think it's awesome you all take your time to record sets, but it seems like everyone recorded the same sets =/

Just an observation.
    as far as i've seen, three people taped and are posting here;

everything else is webcast stuff, from multiple sources. that's going to seem unusually repetitive, because it's the same stuff from multiple sources.

it doesn't surprise me that the tapers are largely interested in overlapping sets. it has ever been thus.
    Last edited by aphrael; 04-25-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Here's what I recorded.
    Friday:
    Girls
    WU LYF
    Sweet. I'm really excited about these.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    It's some girl......... Loudly saying oh i think I know this song. Like multiple times. And then later "oh my god this is Moya right." "wait, is this Moya?" "hey... is this Moya" (no one can hear her except the mic) "HEY IS THIS MOYA"

It was, in fact, not Moya. Or at least according to Menik's track list it wasn't.
    It was my friend I was with...she was talking to me...again I apologize for the talking, and I had warned her ahead of time I was gonna record it...but it was also our first time seeing GYBE together, so I wasn't gonna flip out if she was gonna say a few things to me....it turned out fine I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    It was my friend I was with...she was talking to me...again I apologize for the talking, and I had warned her ahead of time I was gonna record it...but it was also our first time seeing GYBE together, so I wasn't gonna flip out if she was gonna say a few things to me....it turned out fine I thought.
    yeah, it did turn out fine. although i'll admit that my attempt to listen to it on a nj transit commuter train was FAIL FAIL FAIL because hope drone got drowned out by the train noise ...

Im gonna try to get to the rest of my weekend 1 recordings starting this weekend....I found out that some of my Sunday recordings have a problem near the end of the recordings, which I think is due to the fact I didn't use a class 4 SD card that day (just a class 2) and maybe the speed of the card couldn't keep up with the recording near the end, so it sounds like it sorta skips/jumps around a bit...I heard it on the DJ Shadow and the Dre recordings...oh well...I'll still share em, for I believe something is better than nothing. Now I know next time, bring another extra class 4 card (had used my other two for Friday and Saturday recordings).

QUOTE: "The second weekend was not webcast.
    I was the video director at the Outdoor Stage for both weekends and the second weekend our crew was there only to feed
    video to the IMAG screens. "

-But Coachella has uploaded 3 songs so far from Mazzy Star's 2nd weekend set to YouTube, all beautifully shot & recorded just like the the webcast from weekend 1 was.
    I hope Coachella ends up uploading the rest of the set to YT.

-In the meantime, I wonder, does anyone have a link to audience recordings, audio or video, of Mazzy's 2nd weekend set?
    From what I've heard from YT clips, Hope's voice was in better form on weekend 2 (maybe the cold, wet weather got to her), & I'd love to hear
    a recording of the whole show.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    yeah, it did turn out fine. although i'll admit that my attempt to listen to it on a nj transit commuter train was FAIL FAIL FAIL because hope drone got drowned out by the train noise ...
    Yeah I also realized I should have my levels on my recorder turned up a bit more next time too...I was worried about the speaker stacks over powering the levels if I had it turned up to high but it turned out my recordings were a lot lower than I expected, so I boosted some volume up in Adobe Audition. Oh well, live and learn..it was my first time that weekend ever recording any live acts.

Did anyone get M. Ward by any chance?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post
    The second weekend was not webcast.
    video to the IMAG screens.
    odd. since all the stage feeds were CC'd to the Beats by Dre tent...

fap fap fap

is that dani on the wknd1 recording?lolz
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

lol, i'm just fuckin around. great recording nonetheless, the talking was minimal at most

Yeah I also realized I should have my levels on my recorder turned up a bit more next time too...I was worried about the speaker stacks over powering the levels if I had it turned up to high but it turned out my recordings were a lot lower than I expected, so I boosted some volume up in Adobe Audition. Oh well, live and learn..it was my first time that weekend ever recording any live acts.
    Erik, your tapes are great, man, no sweat. I'm super excited to know that they will only get better, because they're already pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

WU LYF changed my life.
    I cant wait for that set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

I would love to hear the full Justice set from Weekend 2 if anyone can find a good copy

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Really, really looking forward to that GYBE video. Highlight of my Coachella. I'd also love to see Mazzy Star from weekend 2 if anyone has it. Was kind of bummed I couldn't catch that set but sometimes we have to make hard choices (in this case, the Rapture and M83 over Mazzy Star and EITS).
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

There is a YouTube video of SBTRKT's weekend 1 "Wild Fire" performance. Does that mean the entire set had come out on the webcast, or could it have been that they just released that one song on the YouTube page? Because I would really love the webcast video of SBTRKT's full set.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    There is a YouTube video of SBTRKT's weekend 1 "Wild Fire" performance. Does that mean the entire set had come out on the webcast, or could it have been that they just released that one song on the YouTube page? Because I would really love the webcast video of SBTRKT's full set.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq5...lla-2012_music

Quote Originally Posted by Hermesacat View Post
    QUOTE: "The second weekend was not webcast.
    video to the IMAG screens. "

-But Coachella has uploaded 3 songs so far from Mazzy Star's 2nd weekend set to YouTube, all beautifully shot & recorded just like the the webcast from weekend 1 was.
    I hope Coachella ends up uploading the rest of the set to YT.
    I didn't say it wasn't recorded.
    We record & archive everything for Goldenvoice.
    I'm glad you thought that Mazzy's set from the second weekend was "beautifully shot".
    It was very dark on stage, as per Hope's request, which makes it difficult for cameras to focus.
    We did gain up the cameras to +3 about a 1/3 of the way through the set, while the first weekend's footage had no gain in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermesacat View Post
    -In the meantime, I wonder, does anyone have a link to audience recordings, audio or video, of Mazzy's 2nd weekend set?
    From what I've heard from YT clips, Hope's voice was in better form on weekend 2 (maybe the cold, wet weather got to her), & I'd love to hear
    a recording of the whole show.
    The second weekend was better and that's why the clips that were used are from that show.
    As far as I know they were the only exception, at least from my stage.
    All the bands get a copy of their performance. My guess is that for them to release a whole show they would have to strike a deal with GV.

old school

ah...as u were on the Outdoor, and you say all the sets were recorded, what was Jeff Mangum's policy regarding his set? i noticed there were no screens, the stage was cleared and he had requested the audience not to film the set..

also, what was the deal with the Weeknd's wknd2 set? none of the speakers were on except the ones on up front and on stage..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.