Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coachella Crowd

Default Re: Coachella Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Rolwolf View Post
    I've been going since '06, and this was the first time I've ever been annoyed by the amount of too-cool-to-actually-enjoy-themselves hipsters. Seriously folks, it's ok to jump around, cheer for bands, or at least uncross your arms from time to time.
    But maybe people just want to watch? Sometimes I am too enthralled with a band or too busy observing their their stage presence to get crazy. Beats Antique comes to mind. I love them but had never seen them live, but i was just standing there staring. I was so into just watching and taking everything in. I literally didnt want to move or take my eyes off the stage.

The crowd at coachella never bothers me, it's the people too busy judging the crowd that are annoying.
    Last edited by theGold; 04-17-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Rolwolf

Nope. When my group was collectively losing our shit to Pulp while a bunch of kids a decade younger than us crossed their arms, rolled their eyes, and literally scoffed when I made eye contact, we're not talking about serious music fans who are too enthralled to go crazy.

Don't get me wrong, the vast majority of people I met this year were just as fun and interesting as in years past, but this was also the first year I ever personally had some snooty kids give us the judgmental eye-roll for enjoying the hell out of a great set.

i think the colder weather messed the crowds up on Friday and Saturday..it warmed up on Sunday and people starting going crazy...should be good this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Rolwolf View Post
    Nope. When my group was collectively losing our shit to Pulp while a bunch of kids a decade younger than us crossed their arms, rolled their eyes, and literally scoffed when I made eye contact, we're not talking about serious music fans who are too enthralled to go crazy.

Don't get me wrong, the vast majority of people I met this year were just as fun and interesting as in years past, but this was also the first year I ever personally had some snooty kids give us the judgmental eye-roll for enjoying the hell out of a great set.
    Okay, yea. The judgemental eye rolling is what I was referring to as annoying and that pisses me off more than anything - luckily, i rarely see it. Just wanted to point out that not all of us stoic, crossed-arms audience members are "cooler than thou". My response when I am truly enjoyong music is to stand there like a slack-jawed idiot

A lot of Douche...but thats expected. 75K of people only there for music will present copious amounts of douchbaggery! I personally didn't give a fuck and partied my ass off...no sense in worrying about clowns!

The crowds have a minor effect on my enjoyment.

Lovin the forecast!
    I am looking forward to a hotchella this weekend!
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I