Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coachella Crowd

Default Re: Coachella Crowd

You can't judge a crowd by a webcast... You just cant! The Coachella crowd has always been pretty cool imo. I think west coasters get a bad rap for being alof and unenthusiastic, but people are just more relaxed. Everybody was in their own little zone, weirding out, and embracing each other. A lot of really sweet, accepting people.

So many fucking party bros this year.

I watched from home this weekend and I thought the crowds looked fine. Refused, The Weeknd, A$AP, M83, and the Growlers all seemed like they had active crowds. People were losing their minds for The Weeknd.

I know I would have gone apeshit for ATDI.

The AWOLNATION crowd was surprisingly energetic, although for some reason a pit never formed.

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    I watched from home this weekend and I thought the crowds looked fine. Refused, The Weeknd, A$AP, M83, and the Growlers all seemed like they had active crowds. People were losing their minds for The Weeknd.

I know I would have gone apeshit for ATDI.
    M83 was packed. Easily the densest crowd I was in all weekend.

Good crowds: M83, St. Vincent, Childish Gambino, Fitz and the Tantrums, Tune-yards, Radiohead, wallpaper.

Weak crowds: Gotye (people wanted 1 song, then 1/3 of the crowd left), Beirut (A bunch of zombies, lots of teenagers which surprised me), the shins, ATDI (read: Dr. Dre fans)

The madness crowd was good, but seemed very skewed to the older crowd at coachella. There were a lot of people in the 30s to 50s range around me, only show like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    So many fucking party bros this year.
    Brochella was in full effect this year. I Always forget how few music lovers there are in comparison to frat bros looking to party. Had a group of them camping near by talking about body shots, beer bongs, and just playing awful Sahara tent music all weekend long. It did crack me up once when I heard the bros talking about how much they wanted to see Gotye.

Certain artists like the Shins, Beirut, Andrew Bird, etc can't really be expected to have super enthusiastic crowds. I just stood and enjoyed the great music. However, I, too was quite disappointed in the frat bro to music enthusiast ratio this year. Some of the crowds at the Sahara were just awful.

People around us would not fucking shut up during Radiohead. One girl was screaming right next to me, just babbling nonsense. "THEY'RE LIKE THE BEATLES!" And the guy behind me talking about the jalapenos he ate while trying to pick up some boring Kiwi chick. Awful Radiohead crowd.

No joke. Some middle aged man during sweedish house Mafia told our group all glowing big time to take our rave elsewhere. Tried starting a fight until he saw there were 30 of us. So many douchebags during weekend one. And it felt like everyone showed up Sunday. It was so packed. Noticed a lot of heart rfid and marijuana looking rfid might have been the lake pass or whatever. But Sunday was full of non VIP or GA rfid tags

I see you met baily. He's harmless.

There were so many more bros than hipsters this year. Just a sea of bros and frat boys. When they divided up the entrance into women and men lines, I realized what a huge sausage-fest this year was. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 3-to-1 men-to-women ratio.

My absolute favourite part was seeing these proud muscle men freeze their asses off at night in their sleeveless tank tops. Oh what a wonderful sight.

clap your hands Coachella, don't be a dick about it.

VigoTheCarpathian

Everyone at Jeff Mangum was very moved and vocal.

The people, they want the good indie rock

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Noel G's crowd was subdued for sure, terrible, crowd for Madness was mellow, more people should have been skanking, but the crowd for Grouplove was all dancing so it depends i guess. I think alot of people that go don't know alot about most of the bands and are just showing up because they're 20 and heard Coachella is cool or something. Friday did seem like a light crowd, while Sunday was too crowded with definate solid douchy/bro representation.
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    Brochella was in full effect this year. I Always forget how few music lovers there are in comparison to frat bros looking to party. Had a group of them camping near by talking about body shots, beer bongs, and just playing awful Sahara tent music all weekend long. It did crack me up once when I heard the bros talking about how much they wanted to see Gotye.
    it seemed broey, i can't tell if was worse or is always like that and i forget
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Rynoo View Post
    And it felt like everyone showed up Sunday. It was so packed. Noticed a lot of heart rfid and marijuana looking rfid might have been the lake pass or whatever. But Sunday was full of non VIP or GA rfid tags
    did people just figure out how to sneak in Sunday and all show up or something ?!

I don't mind either of them as long as they're not douchebags. There are bros that are cool but also bros that are total douchebags that can only enjoy shows if they're fucked up. There are hipsters that are cool but also hipsters that are douchebags that can't show the slightest bit of enthusiasm for artists they apparently like.

There should be a crowd movement requirement with a minimum of swaying or head nodding.

"People don't dance no more. They just stand there like this. They cross their arms and stare you down and drink and moan and piss."
    FFFIIIIINNAAALLLLLYYYYYY

M83 crowd (near back of tent) was a lot of shoving jerks, one guy who kept bumping into people and being a loud ass, and just a lot of talkers. Did not help that M83 had such a low energy set and were late also.

Way too many kids (under 14-17 year olds) running around......

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    M83 crowd (near back of tent) was a lot of shoving jerks, one guy who kept bumping into people and being a loud ass, and just a lot of talkers. Did not help that M83 had such a low energy set and were late also.

Way too many kids (under 14-17 year olds) running around......
    Shit. Not looking forward to that this weekend. And if people are saying there were a lot of bros I could only imagine what it'll be like this weekend with 4/20 on Friday.

Shit.

I'll just have to drink that much more so it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Shit. Not looking forward to that this weekend. And if people are saying there were a lot of bros I could only imagine what it'll be like this weekend with 4/20 on Friday.

Shit.

I'll just have to drink that much more so it doesn't bother me.
    Careful. Drink enough, and you might become a bro yourself

Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaVet09 View Post
    Careful. Drink enough, and you might become a bro yourself
    Considering your advice and because of it I'll be avoiding all Coors and Bud Light. I think I'll be ok as long as I stick to my strategy.

People were trashy. Literally. Trash everywhere inside the venue and in the campgrounds. I don't remember prior years being this bad. Pick up after yourselves you inconsiderate degenerates.
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

I was at Weekend 1. The weather was absolutley amazing. Its going to be 105 degrees Sat and Sun. Stay hydrated!

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverCat View Post
    People were trashy. Literally. Trash everywhere inside the venue and in the campgrounds. I don't remember prior years being this bad. Pick up after yourselves you inconsiderate degenerates.
    2006 before the bottle recycling program was a million times worse with the trash.

Rolwolf

I've been going since '06, and this was the first time I've ever been annoyed by the amount of too-cool-to-actually-enjoy-themselves hipsters. Seriously folks, it's ok to jump around, cheer for bands, or at least uncross your arms from time to time.

I thought the crowds were mostly great! The Dre and Snoop crowd was rowdy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by iGz89 View Post
    I don't mind either of them as long as they're not douchebags. There are bros that are cool but also bros that are total douchebags that can only enjoy shows if they're fucked up. There are hipsters that are cool but also hipsters that are douchebags that can't show the slightest bit of enthusiasm for artists they apparently like.

There should be a crowd movement requirement with a minimum of swaying or head nodding.

"People don't dance no more. They just stand there like this. They cross their arms and stare you down and drink and moan and piss."
    So excited to hear that live again! ^^
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

People went nuts during Arctic Monkeys. My kids almost got bumped by a mosh pit and my friend had a full blown panic attack and passes out near the Gobi after hurrying away from their set.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Random question about bros since I don't know any personally- do they realize/embrace their bro-ness or do they deny it as hipsters do?