Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Radiohead

Exclamation Re: Dear Radiohead

Lol Thom Yorke is such an asshole. He only plays what he wants too. I love him to death though. I am going to learn the new album and not cry about not hearing creep or karma police. If for some reason he does play creep I think Ill pass out. Don't skip out on Radiohead... like who else are you gonna even see?

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: Dear Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by kimbico View Post
    This thread is both pissing me off (because of all the annoying people who are doubting Radiohead) and making me crazy excited (because of the supporters and just common knowledge that I'll love the set). Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by hools View Post
    Radiohead was one of my favorite sets of the weekend! i hadn't really gotten into KOL before this weekend but i really loved how it sounded live. the visuals were amazing as well; the whole set just drove me nuts.

radiohead fans worrying about the crowd this weekend should forget about em, they're aren't there to enjoy the set for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytone87 View Post
    most of you people have never heard radiohead played on anything but mtv and pandora radio

you scum dirtbags
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelswee View Post
    Lol Thom Yorke is such an asshole. He only plays what he wants too. I love him to death though. I am going to learn the new album and not cry about not hearing creep or karma police. If for some reason he does play creep I think Ill pass out. Don't skip out on Radiohead... like who else are you gonna even see?
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...Radiohead-fans
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Oh dear lord not everyone that finds The Thom Yorke Project featuring Thom Yorke boring is mad that they didn't hear "Creep" and "High and Dry"

OKC, KA and Amnesiac were Radiohead exploring new things and adventurously expanding their sound.

Since then it has been the sound of a constipated bored act playing it way too safe and predictably. Fuck even Yorke sounds bored.

Ironically his solo AFP set in 2010 was gorgeous and incendiary. Ths was a band playing by numbers and boring numbers at that
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

I might have to skip this for Kaskade, as much as I am a RH fan. I depends how high or drunk I am.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Fuck even Yorke sounds bored.
    I dunno, he appears to be having a pretty good time here

No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

BAhaha
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.

That is AWESOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

I saw Radiohead for about 45 minutes and loved it. I'm not a fan, but it was great. I left early because my sister was too tired and I had to take her home. If you expected them to play Creep you're a complete dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    people aren't necessarily looking for "hits" per se, more that they would like the band to recognize more than 4 songs pre-in rainbows.
    9 of the 20 songs they played were pre-In Rainbows songs.

I sincerely hope that none of the insufferable cunts in this thread convince any of you weekend 2ers from missing the best set of the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Oh dear lord not everyone that finds The Thom Yorke Project featuring Thom Yorke boring is mad that they didn't hear "Creep" and "High and Dry"

OKC, KA and Amnesiac were Radiohead exploring new things and adventurously expanding their sound.

Since then it has been the sound of a constipated bored act playing it way too safe and predictably. Fuck even Yorke sounds bored.

Ironically his solo AFP set in 2010 was gorgeous and incendiary. Ths was a band playing by numbers and boring numbers at that
    Yes. We get it. I respect dissenting opinions, but the funny part is that your opinions are boring and predictable. Predictable because you've said the same shit over and over and over again. You're a fucking insufferable creepy twat. It amazes me that everybody on the board isn't sick of you already.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Yes. We get it. I respect dissenting opinions, but the funny part is that your opinions are boring and predictable. Predictable because you've said the same shit over and over and over again. You're a fucking insufferable creepy twat. It amazes me that everybody on the board isn't sick of you already.
    I agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I sincerely hope that none of the insufferable cunts in this thread convince any of you weekend 2ers from missing the best set of the festival.
    Pretty much. Some people on the board feel the need to shit on EVERYTHING for some reason. Yawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Somehow I'll carry on.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

this thread is the reason I've stayed away from the boards....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this thread is the reason I've stayed away from the boards....
    says the guy with over 23k posts
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hippityhip View Post
    says the guy with over 23k posts
    goes to show how much I used to post. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

I would like to second most of what HandBanana has been saying. And I think you're saying it at a reasonable clip, HB, to counteract the number of people coming in with ridiculous opinions. (nathanfairchild quoted the sort of posts I'm talking about, which to be clear is by no means how all of the set supporters have been, thankfully.)

Also I really hope weekend 2 people get good information from this thread. I really wish I had someone tell me, hey, since you don't like King of Limbs and haven't listened to much Radiohead in a good while it is unlikely you will enjoy this set. Because there are other people in that situation who probably would be better served checking out the art at night or even heading home early.

But along with that I am glad there are people in here talking about how much they liked the set. I am sure there are people who have been on board with Radiohead for a good while but are not sure how the King of Limbs songs will translate live and will be encouraged to hear that they sound fuller and that many of the other songs benefit from the second percussionist, etc.

Different people like different things. Not everyone will enjoy their set. It is not just ravers and people who are only waiting for "Creep" that will be unimpressed. And it is not just massive fans who have worshiped their every move that will love it.
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I thought they played a great set. It was awesome to finally hear some of the king of lambs stuff. People who walked out earlier were probably the same people that wanted to hear "Creep". I wish they played "Nude" or "High And dry" but I bet there saving it for next weekend. I'm glad they played my favorite song "Lucky".

VigoTheCarpathian

U2 would have been much better.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post

Also I really hope weekend 2 people get good information from this thread. I really wish I had someone tell me, hey, since you don't like King of Limbs and haven't listened to much Radiohead in a good while it is unlikely you will enjoy this set. Because there are other people in that situation who probably would be better served checking out the art at night or even heading home early.

But along with that I am glad there are people in here talking about how much they liked the set. I am sure there are people who have been on board with Radiohead for a good while but are not sure how the King of Limbs songs will translate live and will be encouraged to hear that they sound fuller and that many of the other songs benefit from the second percussionist, etc.
    I gave myself over to KoL in full and while I didn't love it, I enjoyed it. But seeing the LIVE version - I LOVED that. I'm a rock guy, so seeing/hearing them retool relatively benign electronic music into fantastically jammable/danceable music is what the live performance is all about, I think.

While I love legacy acts who enjoy playing their hits with regularity, I also enjoy hearing something new. Maybe Thom infected me with his good-time vibe, but I'd be sad if someone missed this set because they didn't love KoL.

Besides - this fest is about 50% electronic, with guys bobbing heads and clicking on samples, so why would having a more electronic-style setlist (played very well by seasoned musicians) be a deterrent? There are seriously people who would rather watch a DJ head-bob to his EDM over one of the world's best bands tear through their EDM? Weird.

This thread is hilarious. Radiohead superfans have the worst case of musical Stockholm Syndrome I've ever seen. Radiohead could go out on stage and stand still doing absolutely nothing for 2 hours and some of you people would convince yourselves that it was a powerful artistic statement and it was an honor for you to be present for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    This thread is hilarious. Radiohead superfans have the worst case of musical Stockholm Syndrome I've ever seen. Radiohead could go out on stage and stand still doing absolutely nothing for 2 hours and some of you people would convince yourselves that it was a powerful artistic statement and it was an honor for you to be present for it.
    Fuck you, this is a we love radiohead thread now
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinaturntable5 View Post
    A girl with 5 dicks, duh

i think people just don't want to accept that radiohead's coachella performance was one of the weaker ones on the tour. everyone here seems to want this to be their stand out show since it was played at the festival we all love so much. that being said, you're being blind to think that it was spectacular or on par with some of the other shows on this tour. not saying it was bad so no need to rage, but something was missing. read the glendale thread and that's what the overall reaction would've been if this set was truly outstanding.
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu

Quote Originally Posted by calymos View Post
    Radiohead was incredible. I've never been a huge fan, but after a performance like that, I have a lot of catching up to do. I understand being a huge fan of the band, but really, getting pissy because they didn't play your personal set list is retarded. The show was absolutely amazing, haters, so go stick your head up your ass and eat shit.
    So agree, not understanding all the haters. Were we all at the same performance? Yes it was cold as shit and we all looked like we should've been ice fishing while watching them, but they sounded amazing and as a huge fan they far exceeded my expectations. If I could, I'd go back for Weekend 2 just to see them again.

VigoTheCarpathian

Great, but how do you feel about Iggy's early stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I would like to second most of what HandBanana has been saying. And I think you're saying it at a reasonable clip, HB, to counteract the number of people coming in with ridiculous opinions. (nathanfairchild quoted the sort of posts I'm talking about, which to be clear is by no means how all of the set supporters have been, thankfully.)

Different people like different things. Not everyone will enjoy their set. It is not just ravers and people who are only waiting for "Creep" that will be unimpressed. And it is not just massive fans who have worshiped their every move that will love it.
    This is a very reasonable post. The thing that's annoying me about HandBanana, is that he wasn't there and he doesn't like Radiohead's recent stuff. So why does he feel to need to continually share the same opinion? I don't feel like he's addressing the Coachella show, so much as his disapproval of recent Radiohead material. He's done this time and again, and is not adding anything new to the discussion. He is also sarcastically trying to present the counter to his opinion (Kraut rock, Can, etc.), but I don't really read anybody posts those things to support Radiohead. So, really, it comes off as just HandBanana arguing with himself. Over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    i think people just don't want to accept that radiohead's coachella performance was one of the weaker ones on the tour. everyone here seems to want this to be their stand out show since it was played at the festival we all love so much. that being said, you're being blind to think that it was spectacular or on par with some of the other shows on this tour. not saying it was bad so no need to rage, but something was missing. read the glendale thread and that's what the overall reaction would've been if this set was truly outstanding.
    I was at the Glendale show, and a huge reason why I like the Coachella show more is that I think it sounded better. I'll take sets on Coachella's soundsystem over the sound at both arena shows I saw (Houston and Glendale).

You still haven't addressed the fact that you were wrong about there only being 4 pre-In Rainbows songs at Coachella. There were nine. I understand you're trying to prove your point, but there's a big difference there.

This is a very reasonable post. The thing that's annoying me about HandBanana, is that he wasn't there and he doesn't like Radiohead's recent stuff. So why does he feel to need to continually share the same opinion? I don't feel like he's addressing the Coachella show, so much as his disapproval of recent Radiohead material. He's done this time and again, and is not adding anything new to the discussion. He is also sarcastically trying to present the counter to his opinion (Kraut rock, Can, etc.), but I don't really read anybody posts those things to support Radiohead. So, really, it comes off as just HandBanana arguing with himself. Over and over again.

I was at the Glendale show, and a huge reason why I like the Coachella show more is that I think it sounded better. I'll take sets on Coachella's soundsystem over the sound at both arena shows I saw (Houston and Glendale).

You still haven't addressed the fact that you were wrong about there only being 4 pre-In Rainbows songs at Coachella. There were nine. I understand you're trying to prove your point, but there's a big difference there.
    Everytime i see you name HotHamWater, all i can see is WillIAm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinaturntable5 View Post
    A girl with 5 dicks, duh

yeah i was wrong. i was thinking more kid a and earlier and not really thinking of amnesiac and httt. my mistake.
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    Shut up and play the hits.

Seriously, one hour in to your set you cant be arsed to play any of your older material.

What a bunch of self-absorbed egotistical assholes.

Signed,
    Everyone (except that one guy who is REALLY into King of Limbs.)
    I loved there setlist. they played a godd mixsture of songs. I do wish they played a couple more songs from the Bends. I am also glad that they did NOT play Creep, unlike their Coachella 2004 appearance. If you want to hear "the hits", listen to a Clear Channel owned Top 40 radio station.