Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

Thread: Dear Radiohead

Default Re: Dear Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Can't wait to be that big and true of a Radiohead fan that I can simultaneously complain about hipsters falling in love with them and the fact they didn't play enough of said songs that the hipsters fell in love with, can you teach me to listen to music better?
    Man, people here make things so much more complicated than they need to be. I elaborate on a previous point, and no one actually carries forward the discussion, they just fixate on some little component they can get all self-righteous on without actually accomplishing anything.

For crying out loud, a discussion on a word I used being boring?

Anyway my point is simple. They didn't play the stuff that established them as art-rock superstar as much as they played newer stuff. Veteran bands all face this decision, and if they choose like Radiohead does, they typically leave their fans less happy. For people here to be so defensive when Radiohead gets told that not playing fans' favorite songs makes fans less happy is really quite silly.

Last thing I'll say: I'm certainly not claiming to be a "better" Radiohead fan than anyone else here. My opinion is clearly representing the casual fans more than the hardcore.

Your representing yourself buddy. I'm a casual fan and their set blew me away, I'm glad I got to hear a group play a set that they loved to play and not give me some forced performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by skabadelic View Post
    is there any word that is more played and useless than "hipster"? I kind of shut off any ability to reasonably listen to a person who uses it.
    The funny thing to me is that people are acting like I'm using "hipster" as if I think it's some official demographic label to be rebelled against. My tone is clearly no that serious, and I have a hard time believing anyone in this thread failed to understand what I meant (hence, not useless).

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Your representing yourself buddy. I'm a casual fan and their set blew me away, I'm glad I got to hear a group play a set that they loved to play and not give me some forced performance.
    Oh come on. Obviously I'm not claiming to be the definitive voice for every casual fan in the world, and obviously I'm not the only one who prefers their earlier stuff.

I'm happy to say I didn't watch one second of da Radioheadz.

They played 5 songs off of the new album and you guys are complaining! Pathetic! You got a chance to see Radiohead! One of the best live bands to grace this earth. Stop being spoiled concert goers and enjoy how lucky you are to see them. There are a lot of diehard fans that weren't lucky enough to make the trek to see them.

Luck has nothing to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Askepios View Post
    They played 5 songs off of the new album and you guys are complaining! Pathetic! You got a chance to see Radiohead! One of the best live bands to grace this earth. Stop being spoiled concert goers and enjoy how lucky you are to see them. There are a lot of diehard fans that weren't lucky enough to make the trek to see them.
    Define "see".

75% of those present W1 could not see the band members themselves. I'm not aware of anytime in the past where the band refused use of sidescreens at a festival appearance.

I've seen them 6 times and their W1 set wasn't even my top 3 of performances I saw THAT DAY.

Where were you standing? I had a fantastic time seeing them from way in the back where the speakers were loud and I could see the visuals without being in a sea of people. There were people dancing and having a great time in the back. And I was able to get quite close for the second encore.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Where were you standing? I had a fantastic time seeing them from way in the back where the speakers were loud and I could see the visuals without being in a sea of people. There were people dancing and having a great time in the back. And I was able to get quite close for the second encore.
    Anyone not of a certain height wouldn't have been able to see the band themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Anyone not of a certain height wouldn't have been able to see the band themselves.
    Grow.

P.S. My girlfriend is 5'3". She "saw" Radiohead.

P.P.S. BZZZZZ
    Last edited by ods..; 05-15-2012 at 11:05 AM.

I liked the set and I'm also in the camp of wanting to see more stuff from the Bends-Insomniac era. Especially when you see them perform the older songs. You can tell they really love to play the louder guitar rock stuff. Johnny Greenwood gets on that guitar and SHREDS. They obviously love to play it still and the reaction from the crowd is x10 compared to the new stuff. I don't know why they don't play it more.