Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Radiohead

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Default Re: Dear Radiohead

I'm not even majorly into Radiohead, but "After the Goldrush"? If you weren't into the set, then too damn bad =) I'm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    This thread is hilarious. Radiohead suprefans have the worst case of musical Stockholm Syndrome I've ever seen. Radiohead could go out on stage and stand still doing absolutely nothing for 2 hours and some of you people would convince yourselves that it was a powerful artistic statement and it was an honor for you to be present for it.

Wow so some people thought Radiohead was boring and others thought it was the greatest set of the weekend? How unusual! Radiohead has never been devisive before!

IMO, Thom's voice was great, the sound was mixed perfectly, they were unbelievably cohesive for such a challenging record to play. The lights were mindblowing...this set was amazing..probably the best Coachella headliner I've seen in several years (I know not saying much but still). I really would not skip it for weekend two. Best set I saw on Saturday.

Also, for what it's worth, my least favorite song on KoL (Magpie) was my favorite song of the whole set. Amazing what they do with it live.

Radiohead was flawless. I yelled at "Thom Yorke" early on and he replied "Yes, I'm Thom Yorke and we're called Radiohead." Ed O'Brian might be taller than the lead singer of the Horrors.

First time seeing Radiohead live, and holy fuck some of you guys are so ignorant. Radiohead was flawless!

Top notch set. No sense trying to convince everybody. Either you get it or you don't and it's really ok. The band's not trying to cast the widest net and get the most fans and does quite well, doesn't it? Always exceeds my expectations in new and fascinating ways. Thank goodness for Radiohead.

liked the set (what I heard anyway), dug the stage setup, was tired and sore from walking around in crappy shoes after first pair didn't make it through thursday. stuck around through Encore 1, then caught the rest from campsite

Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    Radiohead was flawless. I yelled at "Thom Yorke" early on and he replied "Yes, I'm Thom Yorke and we're called Radiohead."
    ehhh... he was making fun of you, you know that right?

I was glad to see them, but yeah, I agree completely...they left me feeling empty compared the the Black Keys who play to the people. I guess its their choice, but now I know.

I can't believe people are bitching about this set. It was the absolute highlight of the weekend for me. They're my favourite band, so I'm going to favour them of course, but I thought they played a fantastic setlist. The visuals were also great if you were close enough.

The only thing that really brought me down was the tone-deaf guy that felt it was appropriate to scream EVERY FUCKING LYRIC into my ear throughout the entire set. I get that people like to sing along with their favourite songs sometimes, but this was just fucking annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    Also, for what it's worth, my least favorite song on KoL (Magpie) was my favorite song of the whole set. Amazing what they do with it live.
    Agreed, that song just takes on a different life onstage.

Radiohead with a million dollar set up and I always caught myself looking back at the sign-language lady and her shadow. She stole the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    This killed me live as well! One of my favorite songs in the Santa Barbara set.

I realize fully now why Radiohead hates playing in America. You guys sound like a bunch of whiny bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Now that this has pretty much turned into a Radiohead love-fest in this thread, I am getting more excited to see them. Hahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    You're like a freedom fighter, but for pointless shit.
    COACHELLA 2013 - Rick James

Quote Originally Posted by kimbico View Post
    Now that this has pretty much turned into a Radiohead love-fest in this thread, I am getting more excited to see them. Hahahaha.
    Their performance could have been the best thing ever witnessed by humans and someone on this board would still complain about it. Don't let the haters kill your excitement.

Why are so many people bitching about Radiohead's set? did they mostly play King of Limbs or what? (I'm going Weekend 2)

My first Coachella was to see Radiohead for the first time in 2004. I am a huge fan but I will say that their music is not for everyone. I loved the set from this past Saturday night and I cant wait for this Saturday night, but it was mostly new material, executed in an incredible fashion.
    PS.. this thread is hilarious.
    HA! My sig's old.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocheli-Maximus View Post
    Why are so many people bitching about Radiohead's set? did they mostly play King of Limbs or what? (I'm going Weekend 2)
    This is the setlist...
    --
    RADIOHEAD @ COACHELLA - 4/14/2012 SETLIST
    1 Bloom
    2 15 Step
    3 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    4 Morning Mr. Magpie
    5 Staircase
    6 The Gloaming
    7 Pyramid Song
    8 The Daily Mail
    9 Myxomatosis
    10 Karma Police
    11 Identikit
    12 Lotus Flower
    13 There There
    14 Bodysnatchers
    15 Idioteque
    ---
    16 Lucky
    17 Reckoner
    18 After The Gold Rush (Neil Young cover snippet) into Everything in Its Right Place
    ---
    19 Give Up the Ghost
    20 Paranoid Android
    HA! My sig's old.

Radiohead was my first concert, and they will headline my first Coachella, oh the universe works in wonderful ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocheli-Maximus View Post
    Radiohead was my first concert, and they will headline my first Coachella, oh the universe works in wonderful ways.
    Congrats. Its a great time. Stay hydrated. Dont buy drugs from cops.
    HA! My sig's old.

What was the electronic music they were playing before Radiohead? It sounds like the type of stuff Thom & Co. would be into. Anyone recognize it?

Radiohead was a dissapointment. I agree w/ others who said they're too far up their own ass. When you headline a fest, its completely different from headlining your own tour. They should have played a strong opening set with some more known songs (Radiohead doesn't really have hits these days), then done the middle portion with deeper tracks, and their newer material, then ended with a bang. People left 5 or 6 songs in because the set was too slow and too boring too early. It was cold, and it didnt translate well at all. Plus it was WAY too quiet, and they didnt use the side monitors at all, which made them hard to see from far away.

Swedish House Mafia, Black Keys, and Dre Snoop blew Radiohead away. Sorry, their set was dissapointing. And the fact that I hardly had to walk that far at all to get out of the crowd, shows that others were underwhelmed as well.

I don't know, I was in the thick of it for the Black Keys and all the bros and their girlfriends were just annoying. It was enjoyable but I think Radiohead wins Best Artistry and Dre/Snoop win Most Fun.

Radiohead was pretty damn crowded, to start at least...I just went to the very back, the speakers were loud and bassy and I could actually see everything instead of the backs of peoples heads (I'm 5'6"). For the encores I moved closer and found a nice spot near the left side of the sound booth.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    What was the electronic music they were playing before Radiohead? It sounds like the type of stuff Thom & Co. would be into. Anyone recognize it?
    I NEED those tracks also

I could swear I heard a Panda Bear track a few minutes before they went on.

Do you remember which one? That may be it, I dunno.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    They're saving them all for weekend 2

2nd weekenders are better

trakball

TKOL songs sounded SO much better live than on record.

And "Lucky" was sooo spine-tingling. Goddamn.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    A lot of it was Actress.....I recall Actress - Lost being played for sure. I think I heard a Joy Orbison track in there as well.

trakball

Quote Originally Posted by jeendok View Post
    A lot of it was Actress.....I recall Actress - Lost being played for sure.
    Yup. Couldn't remember the name of the song, but that was one of my faves last year..