Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Radiohead

malcolmjamalaweful malcolmjama1awesome's Avatar

Default Re: Dear Radiohead

skipped for sub focus face melt

should they have played more hits? sure, but nobody is forcing you to watch anything... you are more than welcome to pay hundreds of dollars to go watch some lame ass shit in the fucking heineken dome or the sahara (which is what 80% of the idiots on this forum do anyways)

I'm sorry but if you like Radiohead and can't see the beauty in this setlist, go find another band to listen to. This is as close to perfection as you can get from Radiohead post 2009. And Creep sucks for the record.

1. Bloom
    2. 15 Step
    3. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    4. Morning Mr. Magpie
    5. Staircase
    6. The Gloaming
    7. Pyramid Song
    8. The Daily Mail
    9. Myxomatosis
    10. Karma Police
    11. Identikit
    12. Lotus Flower
    13. There There
    14. Bodysnatchers
    15. Idioteque

Encore 1:
    16. Lucky
    17. Reckoner
    18. Everything In It's Right Place

Encore 2:
    19. Give Up the Ghost
    20. Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by Deegleberry View Post
    I'm sorry but if you like Radiohead and can't see the beauty in this setlist, go find another band to listen to. This is as close to perfection as you can get from Radiohead post 2009. And Creep sucks for the record.

1. Bloom
    2. 15 Step
    3. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    4. Morning Mr. Magpie
    5. Staircase
    6. The Gloaming
    7. Pyramid Song
    8. The Daily Mail
    9. Myxomatosis
    10. Karma Police
    11. Identikit
    12. Lotus Flower
    13. There There
    14. Bodysnatchers
    15. Idioteque

Encore 1:
    16. Lucky
    17. Reckoner

Encore 2:
    19. Give Up the Ghost
    20. Paranoid Android
    Honestly, the only one i could have done without was The Gloaming, If they'd replaced that with Nude, National Anthem, Exit Music, or Go To Sleep. I literally would have just flooded my room with semen just looking at that setlist

Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaVet09 View Post
    Honestly, the only one i could have done without was The Gloaming, If they'd replaced that with Nude, National Anthem, Exit Music, or Go To Sleep. I literally would have just flooded my room with semen just looking at that setlist
    Exit Music. Ugh. I would die if they played that.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    You're like a freedom fighter, but for pointless shit.
    COACHELLA 2013 - Rick James

People are really complaining about Radiohead not playing Creep? Since 1998 that is probably their least played live song.

I can't believe anyone who follows Radiohead would expect them to play it. Get over it.

My only Radiohead show was pretty much my dream setlist, so this tour's lists aren't impressing me. I'd still like to see them though, I just doubt I'm gonna fork over the cash. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radioh...h-3d60d13.html
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

1. Bloom
    2. 15 Step
    3. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    4. Morning Mr. Magpie
    5. Staircase
    6. The Gloaming
    7. Pyramid Song
    8. The Daily Mail
    9. Myxomatosis
    10. Karma Police
    11. Identikit
    12. Lotus Flower
    13. There There
    14. Bodysnatchers
    15. Idioteque

Encore 1:
    16. Lucky
    17. Reckoner

Encore 2:
    19. Give Up the Ghost
    20. Paranoid Android
    that setlist is the tits. i was a little worried about people saying radiohead wasnt that great... i dunno whats wrong with them.
    when i tried to put my lineup here i got this message: "Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup."

1. Bloom
    2. 15 Step
    3. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    4. Morning Mr. Magpie
    5. Staircase
    6. The Gloaming
    7. Pyramid Song
    8. The Daily Mail
    9. Myxomatosis
    10. Karma Police
    11. Identikit
    12. Lotus Flower
    13. There There
    14. Bodysnatchers
    15. Idioteque

Encore 1:
    16. Lucky
    17. Reckoner

Encore 2:
    19. Give Up the Ghost
    20. Paranoid Android
    I could use more from Amnesiac (thought I read they played I Might Be Wrong?), but pretty good mix imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    My only Radiohead show was pretty much my dream setlist, so this tour's lists aren't impressing me. I'd still like to see them though, I just doubt I'm gonna fork over the cash. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radioh...h-3d60d13.html
    My lord, that is a fucking sweet setlist

I can't even begin to express how frustrated reading this thread is making me. That was the best set I've ever seen. Of anyone.

If you saw that Radiohead set live and thought it was boring I am at a loss for words. I can't help you. You're not actually listening to the music? You're somehow not recognizing the incredible technical ability of each band member? You're not listening to the words? You don't know what a time signature is? You were distracted? You've never had a reflective moment in your life?

I don't know what it is. But now that you've chosen sides and you think Radiohead sucks and you're stubborn and you're going to hold tightly to that opinion for the rest of your life... Don't do that. I swear to you, this is one of the best bands in the world right now. Give them another shot.

Also, as someone mentioned, Thom said something along the lines of "We play new songs to make sure we're still alive." That's him saying that they will continue to write new songs because change and evolution and growth are what makes one feel alive. Not playing Creep at every show for 20 years.

I encourage everyone going weekend 2 to go deep for Radiohead.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Wheeler View Post
    You're somehow not recognizing the incredible technical ability of each band member? You're not listening to the words? You don't know what a time signature is? You were distracted? You've never had a reflective moment in your life?
    Congratulations. You love Emerson Lake and Palmer and are the sort of person that was the reason punk happened. I applaud you on your awfulness and await something more vital.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

This thread is both pissing me off (because of all the annoying people who are doubting Radiohead) and making me crazy excited (because of the supporters and just common knowledge that I'll love the set). Haha.

I don't understand how people still complain about Radiohead as everyone, fan or non-fan, know how Radiohead acts. You go to their concert, you know you won't get a pop act or easy songs to sing along! It is obvious that some Radiohead haters are commenting here, but, for real, the set was, to say the least, very well done. Their craftsmanship and Thom's voice were in full force that night. They really put on on some art concept there and watching the video below it is amazing that some people still don't give themselves the chance to try to enjoy something different from the rest of crowd pleasers they are used to.

To say that Bon Iver was better? For realz, I watched the stream and in many moments I cringed with a so clear attempt to look deep and cool. And what about Vernon's use of autotune on his voice? Much pose, very little substance. On the other hand, Radiohead in nothing seems forced. They are what they are, they don't negociate that, but even so they played very few of their new album (wich is powerful played live), two great singles (Daily Mail and Staircase) and songs that spanned from OKC to In Rainbows. Plus, they played some of their most known songs aside Creep, Karma Police and Paranoid Android (plus Idioteque , Lucky, 15 Step and Reckoner). What people want more?

To say the truth, some here really deserve the copy cats and wannabes that seem so cool and deep, but are in truth doing today weaker versions of what Radiohead are doing since the 90s. And as Thom said, they are still alive, they owned the right to stay true to their nature.

How people can watch those versions of Pyramid Song, Reckoner and EIIRP (with that After The Gold Rush intro capela) and not feel any emotion is beyond me.

Last edited by BobbyD; 04-17-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Worst. Crowd. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Wheeler View Post
    I can't even begin to express how frustrated reading this thread is making me. That was the best set I've ever seen. Of anyone.

If you saw that Radiohead set live and thought it was boring I am at a loss for words. I can't help you. You're not actually listening to the music? You're somehow not recognizing the incredible technical ability of each band member? You're not listening to the words? You don't know what a time signature is? You were distracted? You've never had a reflective moment in your life?

I don't know what it is. But now that you've chosen sides and you think Radiohead sucks and you're stubborn and you're going to hold tightly to that opinion for the rest of your life... Don't do that. I swear to you, this is one of the best bands in the world right now. Give them another shot.

Also, as someone mentioned, Thom said something along the lines of "We play new songs to make sure we're still alive." That's him saying that they will continue to write new songs because change and evolution and growth are what makes one feel alive. Not playing Creep at every show for 20 years.

I encourage everyone going weekend 2 to go deep for Radiohead.
    everything I wanted to say. If you liked dre and snoop
    more than this your just not into meaningful music. Radiohead fans dont listen to this ridiculous thread.
    best show I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyMellow View Post
    If you liked dre and snoop more than this your just not into meaningful music
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

I had a great time. Easily the best show of the weekend. Surreal experience.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

I was hoping for Nude or House of Cards, but I seeing as how I went because Radiohead was playing - I had an amazing time. So happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    What sort of evil genius invents a cup of cake?
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

Quote Originally Posted by Les Playcool View Post
    Worst. Crowd. Ever.
    Agreed! And it wasn't just Radiohead- a lot of the crowds weekend 1 just sucked. Ugh. Especially Radiohead's though. The only songs that you got a glimpse of interest from the audience on were Karma Police and Paranoid Android- and even then the crowd didn't seem that into it. God I hope weekend 2 is better. Everyone that I've talked to for weekend 2 cannot contain their excitement for Radiohead.

Quote Originally Posted by lostatlimbo View Post
    I could use more from Amnesiac (thought I read they played I Might Be Wrong?), but pretty good mix imo.
    They played IMBW for the first time this tour last week in San Jose.
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

you wouldn't believe how many people i saw leaving radiohead's set after about 30-40 minutes. the crowd was not into it - at all. i love radiohead so much, but even i have to admit it was the worst performance of the 5 times i've seen them.

probably watching online would have been better, because the crowds lack of energy and interest helped suck it out for everyone else. if you're basing your opinion off the video stream, you are missing the point.

i was expecting them to create a vibe similar to what they did at the hollywood bowl a few years ago for the IR tour. i never wanted to hear creep. but a few bends songs would have at least showed awareness to the crowd they were playing to.

at the end of the day, they played what they wanted at coachella and that's their earned right to do so....but it's also the right of the crowd to walk the fuck out if it's boring and thats the best word i can say for radiohead at coachella on saturday: it was just boring. in fact, i wish they HADN'T closed with paranoid android. i wish they would have just finished things off with another similarly sounding KoL track just to reinforce the fact that they did what they want and weren't concerned with bringing it down like mad for coachella.

i would guess weekend 2 will be much, much better. it would be hard to reproduce a show so similarly lacking energy.
    2005-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

I thought Radiohead's set was really good, though I think they should've just done one encore instead of two (could've played one or two more songs that way). 'Identikit' sounded a lot better than I remembered.

And I finally got to hear them play 'Karma Police'.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

people aren't necessarily looking for "hits" per se, more that they would like the band to recognize more than 4 songs pre-in rainbows.
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - The Zombies / Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by farglesnuff View Post
    that setlist is the tits. i was a little worried about people saying radiohead wasnt that great... i dunno whats wrong with them.
    People will complain about anything and want every band to be their own personal jukebox

Radiohead was one of my favorite sets of the weekend! i hadn't really gotten into KOL before this weekend but i really loved how it sounded live. the visuals were amazing as well; the whole set just drove me nuts.

radiohead fans worrying about the crowd this weekend should forget about em, they're aren't there to enjoy the set for you!
    #coachellaweekend1
    #takeitsleazy

1. Bloom
    2. 15 Step
    3. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    4. Morning Mr. Magpie
    5. Staircase
    6. The Gloaming
    7. Pyramid Song
    8. The Daily Mail
    9. Myxomatosis
    10. Karma Police
    11. Identikit
    12. Lotus Flower
    13. There There
    14. Bodysnatchers
    15. Idioteque

Encore 1:
    16. Lucky
    17. Reckoner

Encore 2:
    19. Give Up the Ghost
    20. Paranoid Android
    That's a pretty sweet set. If they played creep i would be kinda offended...i know they don't like it.

Coachella 2012 part deux

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    people aren't necessarily looking for "hits" per se, more that they would like the band to recognize more than 4 songs pre-in rainbows.

set with 20 songs. 09 pre In Rainbows.

The Gloaming
    Pyramid Song
    Myxomatosis
    Karma Police
    There There
    Idioteque
    Lucky
    Everything In It's Right Place
    Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaVet09 View Post
    My lord, that is a fucking sweet setlist
    this one's not bad either. bonnaroo will probably get another marathon set this year, jealous i'm not going

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radioh...-63d6f23f.html

most of you people have never heard radiohead played on anything but mtv and pandora radio

you scum dirtbags