Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FEIST

Default FEIST

Anyone else catch this? That was amazing! The highlight of my Saturday night.

Default Re: FEIST

Arrived a little late, did she play 1234?
    My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by magmazing View Post
    Arrived a little late, did she play 1234?
    She has songs that aren't 1234?

I'm looking forward to her set next weekend. I've never seen her live, but Metals is so fucking good.

Her backup singers can do some serious harmonizing, really strange girls too they're fun to watch, and the full band/orchestra was amazing! Best sounding act of the weekend in my case.

does anyone know if "The Bad In Each Other" was played early in the set or late? I've pretty much decided that I'm going to bounce out of Kasabian 15 minutes early to catch 20 of Feist and I'd LOVE to hear that song with the full orchestra.

She did not play 1234, which I thought was odd, but did not detract from her set at all, she absolutely killed it and the orchestra was fantastic. Citizenerased, don't quote me on this, my memories of the weekend are still convalescing, but I THINK she did that song later in the set. Like 75% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    does anyone know if "The Bad In Each Other" was played early in the set or late? I've pretty much decided that I'm going to bounce out of Kasabian 15 minutes early to catch 20 of Feist and I'd LOVE to hear that song with the full orchestra.
    She played it in the last half of her set. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd to last song that she played and it nearly made me cry. Feist was incredible. Do anything you can to make sure that you don't miss her whole set.

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate View Post
    She played it in the last half of her set. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd to last song that she played and it nearly made me cry. Feist was incredible. Do anything you can to make sure that you don't miss her whole set.
    I know man, worst conflict of the fest for me... but at least you have given me hope of seeing at least that song. I'll revel in the 20 minutes I get.

I was actually disappointed with this set. It wasn't bad just not what I expected somehow.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

this was the first time ive heard of this band and i was blown away...she can really sing and is badass on the guitar....the band was too sick, everything was so solid...im so glad i wandered over to the outdoor stage at that time haha

Surprised more people weren't into this. One of the best sets of the weekend.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Love Feist, skipped the set on the basis that I figured she'd come out, play her songs, they would sound good, and it would be over. Kinda like PJ Harvey last year, I had a pretty good idea what her live show would be like.

She doesn't really play 1234 anymore. Looking forward to seeing her this weekend still.

One of my biggest and best surprises of the weekend, I had no idea Feist could bring it this hard. She seriously rocked. With a 20+ person ensemble on stage, full horn section, quirky and cool backup singers, etc plus her knockout talent for performing, I was totally enthralled and so glad I had checked it out. I really enjoyed every song I heard and was often quite moved by the beauty and power of it. Much more exciting than the Shins, I'd definitely recommend Feist over them.
    Coachella 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2)...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Flowers are born to die, bro

The Shins luckily happened to play So Says I just as I was walking from St. Vincent to Feist, and that was the only song of theirs I really wanted to hear anyway, so skipping them for Feist was probably the best decision I made all weekend haha.

I was sad to skip Feist. The conflict against Kasabian hurt... Luckily Kasabian did not make me regret it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Feist was really awesome!
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

I LOVED her set. She went all out and just brought it the way all should. For music that's pretty mellow (and darker recently), she knew how to fill the set with energy. She also knows how to have fun with it but not in
    A cutesy, gimmicky, desperate, She & Him way. I wanted to leave Coachella for another Feist show Once it had ended. The sound was just full and wonderful.

Ughhhhh I wish I had gone to this instead of going to get hit in the face four songs into Kasabian's set. That really added insult to literal injury. It looks like she didn't do the webcast, either.
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

Quote Originally Posted by threeve View Post
    Ughhhhh I wish I had gone to this instead of going to get hit in the face four songs into Kasabian's set. That really added insult to literal injury. It looks like she didn't do the webcast, either.
    Feist is just starting up another big tour around the US. Kasabian won't be in the states again anytime soon. I think you did the right thing, getting hit in the face and all is part of the experience.

I saw Kasabian back in March when they came through town, so I did not feel as bad missing most of their set as I would have had I not seen them a few weeks ago (still sucked, though). Thanks for the tip, though, I will add Feist to my pollstar alerts.

Edited to add: had I not gotten hit in the face, I would not have ended up wandering around and being seduced by Bon Iver's dulcet tones, so it all worked out in the end.

Edited to add again - thanks - just got a solo ticket for an upcoming Feist show. Excited!!
    Last edited by threeve; 04-23-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

I got my Coachella wish. I left Kasabian and got to Feist just as she was starting The Bad In Each Other to finish her set.

I only caught a little bit and was blown away. She is so amazing. Left early for David Guetta. Worst decision of the weekend.

seen her thrice now and she always puts on an amazing show... she's like a fine wine... gets better with age
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by emoassnolan View Post
    Left early for David Guetta.
    O.o
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Anyone else catch this? That was amazing! The highlight of my Saturday night.
    AGREEEEEE!!! This was probably one of the best sets of Coa 2012. Seriously. I went right out and bought the Metals LP on Sunday at ZIA.
    FEIST/MODESELEKTOR/AMON TOBIN/DJ SHADOW/SANTIGOLD/JACQUES LU CONT

It was an epic lesson in rock and roll and women. Feist ruled the polo field. I didn't know much about her. I'd heard a couple songs and thought it'd just be a nice singer/songwriter set with a little rock band. Instead, I got something completely mind-blowing, and very educational.

Boys, listen closely to that woman. She told us a lot of their secrets.

I thought she was great, huge sound and man what a set of lungs !

So sad I missed her. Metals grows on me more and more with every listen.