Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the art?!?

Hybrid View

Angry Where is the art?!?

Where is all the art??? There are pictures of sculptrues and designated places on the map but there is nothing there! This is a music and ARTS festival! where is the art? did they think first weekend didnt deserve all the attractions or if this just like a test run because I spent the same about of money for my weekend 1 ticket we should at least have the feild set up correctly(not to mention the multiple sound and technical issues)...are they going to step up for the last day or are we going to get screwed because they weren't prepared. This does not fit the standards and professionalism that makes this festival the amazing coachella. WHERE DID OUR MONEY GO?? I have come for many years and I understand this is the first year they have spread the festival over two weekends to accomidate the increase is popularity but that doesn't make the first weekend as a test run. I enjoy the music as well as the art it is completely unfair to charge the same for both weekends if the first wasn't even set up on time. I love coachella but this is not the same. Coachella2012 is messing up bigtime I expected a lot more...at least take it off the map so we can't seee what secondweekenders can enjoy.

Default Re: Where is the art?!?

Do you think they may have nixed some installations because of the weather? Last minute printing changes for 130,000 booklets? Great idea of how "our money" should be spent.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Calm down, sheesh. A lot of people are upset about it, but Coachella probably didn't have a choice. The weather (as you know) has been shitty. Wind has been powerful (they even had to move some of the large screen lower down because of the wind). I know it sucks but it's not like they had a choice in the matter. Regardless, I hope that weekend 2 doesn't have crappy wind and weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    You're like a freedom fighter, but for pointless shit.
    COACHELLA 2013 - Rick James

GoldenVoice purchased the entire polo fields not to long ago, so something had to be cut. lol

oh c'mon they didn't buy the ENTIRE polo fields

I guess when they say rain or shine they really mean. We really hope for shine but if it rains, uh oh.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

I was major bummed about the missing art, too. But yea - it was prob the weather. Imagine that large ass flower on a crane in the wind on Sat? It would have fallen over and people would be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kyla2012 View Post
    Where is all the art??? There are pictures of sculptrues and designated places on the map but there is nothing there! This is a music and ARTS festival! where is the art? did they think first weekend didnt deserve all the attractions or if this just like a test run because I spent the same about of money for my weekend 1 ticket we should at least have the feild set up correctly(not to mention the multiple sound and technical issues)...are they going to step up for the last day or are we going to get screwed because they weren't prepared. This does not fit the standards and professionalism that makes this festival the amazing coachella. WHERE DID OUR MONEY GO?? I have come for many years and I understand this is the first year they have spread the festival over two weekends to accomidate the increase is popularity but that doesn't make the first weekend as a test run. I enjoy the music as well as the art it is completely unfair to charge the same for both weekends if the first wasn't even set up on time. I love coachella but this is not the same. Coachella2012 is messing up bigtime I expected a lot more...at least take it off the map so we can't seee what secondweekenders can enjoy.
    The real question is, "Does anyone have a muzzle?"
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Where is that? (Your tent?)

Damn. I needa check out your campsite next year. You deserve the fattest smoke out
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Damn. I needa check out your campsite next year. You deserve the fattest smoke out
    Was this campsite on 105th and Main in Lot 8?

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Walked by that site, I should have said whatup

Quote Originally Posted by kyla2012 View Post
    please don't come back.

weather obviously necessitated the removal of GIANT BLACK TUBES AND A FUCKING CRANE for safety concerns. the flower/crane thing made it's appearance on sunday anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

OP should ask for a refund. GV staff could use a laugh

The black tubes were there on Sunday morning!

Quote Originally Posted by keeshonjohnson View Post
    The black tubes were there on Sunday morning!
    wtf where. i must've been so drunk. definitely saw, stared at, waved to the girl inside the flower crane.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    wtf where. i must've been so drunk. definitely saw, stared at, waved to the girl inside the flower crane.
    At airport will post black tube pics tomorrow got some Sunday am

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
    Where is that? (Your tent?)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Walked by that site, I should have said whatup

We're doing it again next year...I learned some tricks this year. We plan to be sicker than do lab next year and I'm going to book good djs for each night. We had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people

Silver flower was up by Sunday.

Yeah, the GetTRASHED recycle bins were brought inside because the rain wouldn've turned them all into Dali pieces. And the wind was just hazardous. Not much you can do there. I personally wanted to see more art walking around, but hey by Sunday most of the structures were up, and looked way better and more intricate than last year's.

If anything, I'd like the Coachella 2013 art scene to make use of those hundred or so battered EZ-Ups, and any that come out mangled from Week 2. I'm thinking gigantic decepticon robot overlooking the Do Lab. Not sure how viable it is, but it'd be both artistic and eco-friendly.

The black tubes things that were up briefly on Sunday while visually appealing really didn't seem well thought out. They were secured to the ground and made out of mylar i think, you could walk through them which i did but all I could think was, "this is going to be short lived as anyone with a douche mentality and a lit cigarette is going to poke these and it will deflate." It was nice to see them flow in the breeze though.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

I saw the trash cans on Saturday, but don't think it was all of them. They looked a little lonely. I thought the art piece between the mojave and sahara tents was really pretty at light.

Goat, It looks wonderful, happy it all worked out for you with the wind.

i didnt even notice until my friend pointed out that the tesla coils were missing again. i wasnt really that bummed, seems they havent done anything different in 3-4 years at least.

even with the flowers and tubes tho it still feels like the art is a bit lacking these past couple years. this year's do lab is a joke

pubes

I don't understand. Those things look gross.

The number of installations and overall quality of the art has seen a severe dip in the last three years. 2009 was the last year with truly great art. Big Rig Jig, anyone? The rattlesnake? Shit was crazy that year. Or the hand of god from . . . 07 or 08? The robots that tore apart the cars and the giant, bleeding baby in 05? Cyclecide? Doube-Tesla coils? Cubatron? That weird purple LED spiral tunnel? This year, what, a flaming crustacean? Did some kids make that in shop class? Because it sure looked like it.

No denying the installations have gotten very bland and uninteresting in the last few years. Good thing they made room for the H&M tent and Beats by Dre tent, those tents were SO interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    The number of installations and overall quality of the art has seen a severe dip in the last three years. 2009 was the last year with truly great art.
    2009 will be hard to beat.

Last edited by flowbee; 04-22-2012 at 07:28 PM.

I loved the art of 2009. I've never been in the sponsor tents before. Maybe next year.