Thread: Where do you park a 2nd car (arriving late) when your car camping with a group?

Default Where do you park a 2nd car (arriving late) when your car camping with a group?

Our 3rd Camper isn't getting of work till after 7pm on Thursday and will be joining us after we are set up ... she is also leaving early on Sunday so waiting for her is also not an option.

She was also not able to get a companion parking pass.

Any idea where she can/will (safely) park her car for the whole weekend once arriving to join us?

Can't seem to find the answer on the FAQ's and Info@coachella.com has not answered yet.

Default Re: Where do you park a 2nd car (arriving late) when your car camping with a group?

I was also really curious about this because I have a friend joining us later in the weekend who doesn't have a companion car parking pass.

Default Re: Where do you park a 2nd car (arriving late) when your car camping with a group?

correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought that the only way you can have your car at Coachella, is if you car camp or have a car companion pass. If not, there is general parking (first come first serve), but you have to move your car by 2am or it'll get towed, and they are quite aggressive about that. Other option is to park outside and cab/shuttle in. Hope things work out!

You have to buy a car companion pass, they are avail on stubhub for 30-50 bucks

I emailed Coachella about this but no answer since the show started.

Maybe On monday I'll get a response.

Either way there HAS to be another option since they released a limited number of companion passes.

Think about the city of Indio more then doubling in population for a long weekend and consider your parking question again. The whole shuttle network was set-up to reduce traffic issues. Some locals advertise on here - renting out their driveways for parking - that might be your best bet. I wouldn't expect an answer from Coachella staff to a question like this.

I get that but what I really dont get is why they would only sell a limited number of companion parking passes?

Also why would they limit the hours you can park in the GA lots ... why not just let people park for the whole weekend since they have Guards watching all the lots all night anyway?

I remember parking & sleeping in my car in one of the GA lots a couple years back on the Friday, we had no other place to go for the night ... they had guards there all night at the lot entrance that ley us stay.

- Because they don't have enough space and are trying to move traffic away from the festival, not towards it
    - If they allowed overnight parking in the Day Lots they would just turn into campgrounds

- Not if they only allowed overnight PARKING in the GA lots and not CAMPING.

They are clearly 2 different things and could be managed with the staff the already have watching the lots.

My point is that a little flexibility would help people and wouldn't cost them any $$ or trouble.

Looks like Companion parking Passes are still available only by phone and only if you have a previous order to ad them to.

Finally got through to Fromt gate and added a Companion pass ... Took over and hour on hold tho.