Thread: If the New York Tmes sez it, it must be true

Default If the New York Tmes sez it, it must be true

INDIO, Calif. — This year’s edition of the three-day Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival begins on Friday, to run through Sunday. It has changed in at least one respect that the average festival-goer will barely notice: the entire lineup will repeat one week later, with identical order and set times. Both weekends have sold out; attendance is expected at around 75,000 per weekend.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...in-the-desert/ for the whole article.

Default Re: If the New York Tmes sez it, it must be true

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    INDIO, Calif. — This year’s edition of the three-day Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival begins on Friday, to run through Sunday. It has changed in at least one respect that the average festival-goer will barely notice: the entire lineup will repeat one week later, with identical order and set times. Both weekends have sold out; attendance is expected at around 75,000 per weekend.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...in-the-desert/ for the whole article.
    Are people even questioning this?

When they posted the set times to the Coachella page on Facebook, they said "now you can plan your weekends" plural...
    When you look at the lineup page on the main page... or on the phone apps... they show all the artists as playing the same time both weekends.

I didn't think this was something we were still speculating about.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post

When they posted the set times to the Coachella page on Facebook, they said "now you can plan your weekends" plural...
    When you look at the lineup page on the main page... or on the phone apps... they show all the artists as playing the same time both weekends.

what makes me speculate is as soon as the times were posted people started asking about this and almost immediately they made a 2nd twitter post after the original announcement and made sure to specifically say weekend 1

Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead004 View Post
    what makes me speculate is herp duh derpa derp and almost immediately they dum de derpa dum and made sure to specifically herp derp tittilly tum te terp
    *fixed

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post

It's probably because at the top of the set times that are posted on coachella.com it says WEEKEND 1.

But I'm with you, they've said weekends multiple times so they'll definitely be the same. Maybe 15 mins here or there will be different, but nothing major.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaVet09 View Post
    *fixed
    fucking hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    It's probably because at the top of the set times that are posted on coachella.com it says WEEKEND 1.

But I'm with you, they've said weekends multiple times so they'll definitely be the same. Maybe 15 mins here or there will be different, but nothing major.
    I mean, don't get me wrong... I'd love it if they fixed some of my major conflicts (biggest being the overlap, slight as it is, between Pulp and Madness)... but I think it's safe to say we've got our set times. As such, I've already put together my color coded spreadsheets for next weekend.