Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VIP problems for all

Angry VIP problems for all

For the last 3years Ive noticed that people with VIP have always been aloud in the front of the stage , in the rose garden , and other VIP area .... I got the vip last year and had no problem So thiswe decided to get VIP and when we first got there we were told that once a again that VIP was aloud up front and same privileges as every year krill later during the day when we wanted to get upfront they told us that it changed and we weren't aloud anywhere different but the rose garden and that VIP is just a wast of $300..well we spoke to the head security of every stage, a women a customer service who was rude as all hell and others who were working and we got such mixed answers that no one seemed to jow what was going on... I was told to bad that this is how it has always been and I would have no chance getting money back or anying by customer service, I was told from the head surcurity of a few stages that for the last 3 years or so it has just changed this year and showed me a border that had VIP yes but a price of tape I it that was over the yes but changed to no for allowing people up front ....what is going on this year ?!?!? Even around 10 pm I tried to get into the rose garden and it was so backed up that no one could get in ... It took 20 min to get threw the gate to get in !? What is going on this year!!!!!

Default Re: VIP problems for all

wow dude, thats a great way to start off on the forums. Make two threads about the exact same thing. Again, they have never (atleast in the past 3 years) allowed VIPs into the fron stage area.

I started to red-pen edit this to be an asshole, but I gave up in the first sentence.

Jesus Christ. Stop worrying about VIP people and go back to school.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

"Aloud", was my favorite part.

MAYBE HE MEANT IT WAS LOUD IN FRONT OF THE STAGE.

That's circular logic, considering he wasn't aloud in the front of the stage. OR WAS HE?!?!
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

You sound like the the exact type of prick I'd expect in the VIP, walking around Coachella demanding you get your special privileges rather than just letting loose and having a good time.

Sucks...

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Have you tried shitting into your own mouth?

I know it sounds oblique, but it gets results.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Caviar is raw fish eggs btw...
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Grammar aside, I have seen the areas he mentioned. But I have only seen them used for special groups like KROQ contest winners or people with backstage passes when the artist 'closes' backstage during their performance.

I usually get VIP tickets (and a couple of times lucky enough to have backstage), but the value of the VIP perks seem to go down every year. VIP used to be the only place to get a real drink and chill between acts. Now you can get drinks outside of VIP and they oversell the VIP section to the point you can barely walk around and good luck finding a seat. If there really were a VIP section at the front of each stage, that would be a cool perk and help justify the added expense. Hopefully the OP is right and by next weekend they alou VIPs in there.

For the past 3 years I've never been allowed in there (had VIP). So, I'm pretty sure they're not gonna change that...ever.

Yeah, you're trippin'. I had VIP in 2010 (first year I went), and found that unless you LOVE hanging out in the VIP area instead of watching live bands, it's a complete waste of money. Those areas in the front of the stage are for people with other wristbands: Press/Photo, Backstage, Production, Artist, etc.. Needless to say I haven't worried about paying for VIP since then. From what I saw it was as much a "look at me" fashion show as anything else. Quit bitching, and go watch some bands.

Fuck a VIP
    Im on 113
    What's gucci?

VIP was a ripoff this year. Coachella officially jumped the shark. I bought the passes for my kids and they were turned back at almost every stage. Fuck those simps they hire for security.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Btw didnt buy VIP for myself. IMHO it is big waste of money but my kids love annoying the hipsters.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

We only did the VIP upgrade in 09, and all it got you was those couches that we never sat in. I know never heard of it getting you in front of stages. But then, things might have changed since 09. I loved when The Hives yelled at the VIP's, and for Tom Hanks to sit down.

Oh, and wstsidela, I think I was behind you and your kids taking pictures during Pulp. 2 boys and a gal? If it was you and your kids, everyone looked like they were having a blast!

I really don't understand why people even get it. I guess you can hob-knob with fancy ass people. I loved hearing The Hives lead singer rip them a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    VIP was a ripoff this year. Coachella officially jumped the shark. I bought the passes for my kids and they were turned back at almost every stage. Fuck those simps they hire for security.
    really? nowhere in the description does it say you get special stage access.

Here's what really got in my craw: no fucking VIP pedestrian access through the VIP parking lot coming into the festival on Saturday. Here's what I was told,

"We can't have you walking in where there are cars driving, you could get hit.

And I was forced to take the already ridiculously long and unnecessary pedestrian route that dumped me through the campgrounds.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Good God. I couldn't get past the first couple of sentences. PLEASE go back to school and make yourself useful. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Here's what really got in my craw: no fucking VIP pedestrian access through the VIP parking lot coming into the festival on Saturday. Here's what I was told,

"We can't have you walking in where there are cars driving, you could get hit.

And I was forced to take the already ridiculously long and unnecessary pedestrian route that dumped me through the campgrounds.
    I think it mainly depended on who was working, as I drove in to park, i saw a couple guys walking in and through the parking area.

So what? It's fucking problematic and absurd to deny someone with a VIP pass access to the VIP parking lot if they are on foot and not in a car.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    So what? It's fucking problematic and absurd to deny someone with a VIP pass access to the VIP parking lot if they are on foot and not in a car.
    that IS a joke. we walked in this year and we kept talking about how nice it would be if we had VIP JUST to cut about a mile off our walk. guess that wasnt the case without a car. for a festival that encourages green travel thats pretty fucking stupid (but again likely the fault of an ignorant security douche like so many of the issues every year)

We did VIP this year too. I don't think it is worth it. They did oversell it. Unless you are there between about 11am and 2pm, you are not going to get to sit on those lovely couches. They did have an air conditioned tent with tables and chairs, which was nice. The food choices are nice as well. But, the above poster is right, unless you just like hanging in VIP areas and not seeing any bands, it's nice.

As far as special stage access, I think paying almost double the GA price should get you some sort of access. We did get into the special access section at the Gobi tent on Friday and Saturday. They closed it down Sunday.

So, access to those areas front/side stage (even just letting a limited amount of VIP in- kinda first come, first served if they are worried about numbers) and limiting VIP sales would make it worth it. Otherwise, save your money for booze, food and merch.

I had VIP for the first time this year. I'd never been one to pay for it, but a buddy of mine had some connections this year and hooked us up. I never thought I'd say this, but I might have to save up a little more from now on and pay for VIP every year. Just the lack of lines and easy access to everything you need is so clutch. People watching in the VIP is also top notch when you have a bit of downtime to grab a beer. I hope they never allow VIP to get special access at the stages though. That should be for the real fans who put in the time and effort to camp out for a spot regardless of how much money they have or who they know.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    I had VIP for the first time this year. I'd never been one to pay for it, but a buddy of mine had some connections this year and hooked us up. I never thought I'd say this, but I might have to save up a little more from now on and pay for VIP every year. Just the lack of lines and easy access to everything you need is so clutch. People watching in the VIP is also top notch when you have a bit of downtime to grab a beer. I hope they never allow VIP to get special access at the stages though. That should be for the real fans who put in the time and effort to camp out for a spot regardless of how much money they have or who they know.
    How about if you are a real fan who has money? Or someone who is barely 5'2" that is stuck going with not real fans?

Quote Originally Posted by gayathomemom View Post
    How about if you are a real fan who has money? Or someone who is barely 5'2" that is stuck going with not real fans?
    If you want it bad enough, then put in the effort to get a good spot like everybody else. The people who camp out all day to see their favorite band deserve to be up front, not stuck behind somebody who just happens to have a rich daddy.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!