Thread: Carpoolchella - A Question

Hybrid View

Default Carpoolchella - A Question

So i want to enter carpoolchella this year...

But i don't have enough friends "/

So i figured that i would just paint my car anyway, and when i get set in a spot, just ask my neighbor if they would like to be a part of our "Camping Group". I only need one more to qualify anyway

You think this would fly? Obviously, it misses the point of what carpoolchella is all about, but i really want free VIP tickets for life

Default Re: Carpoolchella - A Question

Hahahahahahahaha.... I don't know what's funnier your forum alias or your "reasoning"....

Yeah, i'm a douche, obviously. Now can we get past that and somebody tell me how to un-rightfully win free VIP tickets for life?!? I deserve them!

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA ok, nicely done, nicely done

And the award for most pitiful post on Coachella forums GOES TO.............

What you want to do is impossible.

We won VIP upgrade (not for life) on Sunday of wkd one. First someone walks up to your car to make sure you're eligible (confirm there's at least 4 people, ask that everyone is over 18, confirm that no one is from Florida or New York) as you're inching along in the parking line. Then they follow you in a golf cart to where you park to award prizes and have you fill out the paperwork. We were the very last car to win. I think you draw from available prizes otherwise.
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dancefreak View Post
    confirm that no one is from Florida or New York)
    Is there a reason for this?

Quote Originally Posted by dancefreak View Post
    We won VIP upgrade (not for life) on Sunday of wkd one. First someone walks up to your car to make sure you're eligible (confirm there's at least 4 people, ask that everyone is over 18, confirm that no one is from Florida or New York) as you're inching along in the parking line. Then they follow you in a golf cart to where you park to award prizes and have you fill out the paperwork. We were the very last car to win. I think you draw from available prizes otherwise.
    So the "VIP for life" has been dropped to "VIP for the remaining days of the weekend?"

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    So the "VIP for life" has been dropped to "VIP for the remaining days of the weekend?"
    No.

4. PRIZES: A total of thirty-five (35) prize(s) will be awarded, as follows: 
One (1) Grand Prize. Each Selected Entrant in the Qualified Entrant car randomly selected by the Secret Spotter that wins the Grand Prize will receive one (1) VIP FOR LIFE pass to the Festival, beginning in 2013, and lasting for the life of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival series. Each VIP FOR LIFE pass is valued at $649.00. Sweepstakes Provider makes no guarantees that the Festival will operate past 2012 and there is no residual value associated with the Grand Prize. Grand Prize is not redeemable for cash, nor is Selected Entrant owed any cash if Festival is cancelled or postponed in subsequent years. In the event that Festival does not take place for a period of 3 consecutive years, passes are no longer valid.

In addition to the Grand Prize, the following prizes will also be awarded: Photo Passes (approximate retail value: $0 per pass) will be awarded to three (3) Qualified Entrant cars; All Access "Guest" Wristbands (approximate retail value: $1,000 per wristband) will be awarded to six (6) Qualified Entrant cars; VIP Wristbands (approximate retail value $380 each) will be awarded to fifteen (15) Qualified Entrant cars; Fifty Dollar ($50.00) Gift Vouchers for 2012 Festival Merchandise (approximate retail value: $50 per Gift Voucher) will be awarded to six (6) Qualified Entrant cars; a Golf cart ride to the front entrance of the Festival (approximate retail value: $0 each) will be awarded to three (3) Qualified Entrant cars; and one hour with the Festival’s General Manager (subject to availability) (approximate retail value: $0) will be awarded to one (1) Qualified Entrant car. For clarification, each Selected Entrant in a Qualified Entrant car selected by the Secret Spotter will be eligible to receive the applicable prize. The Grand Prize, together with the Photo Passes, All Access "Guest" Wristbands, VIP Wristbands, Gift Vouchers, Golf Cart rides, and the hour with the Festival’s General Manager are collectively referred to as the "Prizes". Approximate retail value of all Prizes is Forty-Five Thousand Five Hundred Ninty-Two U.S. Dollars ($45,592.00).

______

state laws and gaming rules, i believe.

Yeah it has to do with state sweepstakes laws. Looks like you also have to be a US resident and there's a few more states/territories excluded that weren't mentioned to us...

2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to individuals 18 and older who are legal residents of the U.S. including the District of Columbia (excluding Florida, New York, Rhode Island, Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) (the “Eligibility Area”). Employees, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households (whether related or not)) of Goldenvoice LLC, and its respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, and parent company (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Provider”) and each person or entity connected with the production, administration or judging of the Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win any prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Federal, state and local laws and regulations apply
    ______

I was "spotted" this year by mike but our 4th bailed on us the morning of so alas we did not get a chance to win any of the different prizes... we got there @ like 12:30 and were parked in lot 14d... I think they try to get the winners early in the day so they can get on to other things
    -shrugs-

To the dude asking for advice:
    Pick up any coachella looking people you see walking to the fest and help them out with a lift... some good karma might pay off!
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Why did we not win something for Carpoolchella =(319751_10100996084695141_6023311_59475665_103569298_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lhopfenb View Post
    Why did we not win something for Carpoolchella =(319751_10100996084695141_6023311_59475665_103569298_n.jpg

It doesn't say carpoolchella... FAIL. Kidding... your car looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by lhopfenb View Post
    It's not judged--you have an equal chance if you print the lame sign, as long as they can see it. They randomly pick a lot entrance and time each day and they use a random number generator to decide which cars win. (For example, it might be the 6th carpoolchella car spotted after arriving at an entrance.)

BUT..per the rules...
    If you enter the parking area with a visible sign or placard that says “Carpoolchella” and you have four or more people in your car, all of whom are eligible (each a “Qualified Entrant"), each member in the car may be selected to win a prize.
    ...it has to say Carpoolchella. I have no idea how strictly they follow that but if you're going to put all that effort in, better to do it right next time to be safe.
    ______

Wow that's cool art on your car man!
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Oh fuck everyone has to be over 18? LAME.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Do they only do carpoolchella during the day on thursday? I have never seen anyone asking or going up to any cars in the past 3 years i've tried, but then again i am also arriving at night time...
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Quote Originally Posted by Fidoosh View Post
    Do they only do carpoolchella during the day on thursday? I have never seen anyone asking or going up to any cars in the past 3 years i've tried, but then again i am also arriving at night time...
    No clue what the policy is, but I've never seen pictures of people winning at night.
    ______

we totally had some night winners this year. there are a TON of photos posted on the website sustainability page if you guys want to check them out.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

"Erik R from Glagstaff, AZ"

Anyone win a date with Skip this year? I'd just like a chance to sit in on a prank phone call. He still do those?
    Last edited by JustSteve; 05-11-2012 at 10:18 AM.

I don't have enough friends to do this. And my kids are under 18.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

There were some amazing cars this year!