Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Pictures from Coachella 2012 Until the Long Ass Thread is Made

Default Re: Some Pictures from Coachella 2012 Until the Long Ass Thread is Made

YAY

[/url]
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Is that the guy from Black Lips?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Thanks Tom! And i'm trying to add some from yesterday to the set, but am on a time crunch. These are a couple:

Not as dangerous as you would think (terrible drivers though).

Sunset on the Camp Grounds for Weekend 2

Let you know if i get moar up.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    YAY

[/url]
    This was a highlight of my weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

More pictures up from Thursday and working on Friday. Won't be much from today because this is my chill day. No big camera around my neck.

This carpoolchella has every band on it.

Great stuff!

YAY

[/url]
    I'm going to frame this. Thanks, Mike!

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Only put up one pic from yesterday and putting it here in an effort to let these people know there are more pictures out there of their engagement at sunset by the ferris wheel:

PM me couple.

Looking forward to getting to shots from the flower crane and Kasabian. Here's a picture Tessa took of me in the flower:

ok,i am going to start putting pics here for traditional style presentation. Maybe 10 a post:

This is one of the first Carpoolchellas to make me say "nice!" (not a requirement to get picked randomly. This car was not a winner). That Ferris wheel became the anchor of many pictures for me these past couple of weeks.

This is Ira. He is the Coachella Tweeter. He hung out with us for a lot of Carpoolchella.

Never get tired of stoked winners.

Cameras make people do weird things

i like how his wheels compliment the ferris wheel.

i'm sorry i forget the name of the board member responsible for this genius...

...nice view. Please let us know how it was.

More later. Will let you know when Sat and Sun Weekend 2 shots are up in the flickr set.

If that guy was at weekend two....he be cooking in that thing. I love that though...far away from those lovely red ants, the Wook germs and the bro urine

^i'm sure he would have figure something out. Maybe a portable ac unit powered by that solar panel.

we wheeeeeeel get to Coachella

And the fun in the Camp Grounds continued:

Dodgeball was new this year.

This is the eventual champion and winner of a VIP wristband. i got to get into the match to take pictures and got hit multiple times. Those who threw at me wasted their shots and let down their defenses. They also lost at some point. That'll learn you.

Big ol' dance party in the not so silent "silent disco" area (which would be silent later).

Crossed paths with the land shark creators / operators as they were doing some tune ups.

Erik the guy with the light up shirts returned for 2012.

Goatchella's crew

minus the crew

The Dirty Epic returned. Good times.

Home of the Dead Baby crew

Great job guys. Thanks to everyone in the campgrounds for your hospitality. Thursday was a lot of fun thanks to y'all.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I wish I would have stumbled upon that dome at night. Looks amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

i am back to real life and trying to remember if i know how to do my job. Here's some pictures from Day 1:

How could you not love this? They were kind enough to give us a Snoop face that Dani taped to the golf cart we drive around in looking for winners. Sadly by weekend 2, someone stole Snoop D-O-Double G.

Went straight from the parking lots to the Weekend 1 Group shot. Thanks to all who showed.

zzzzzzz. i love how a lot of us feel totally comfortable napping on the Polo Fields.

Breakbot

Regardless of the critiques of the Sahara line up this year, it was regularly packed and early.

Yes, but can you save us from the rain?

Selling smokes out of a coffin was pretty inspired.

i don't have a "card". So when people ask me where they can find the picture i just took of them, i tell them my name and to seek me out here or on my flickr. This guy loves his picture.

Yuck

The grey clouds were exciting and kinda scary. Who knew what amount of rain would come out of them. we were lucky it wasn't much.

Somebody's gotta werk.

The wind is getting the trees and Gary Clarke Jr.'s drummer's hair.

Gary from behind

Waiting for Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff

KROQ Ken forever

...she is kinda cute though

Sign language interpreter

The irony of "I Can See Clearly" during the cloudy skies and drizzle was pretty fun.

Are you ready for Madness?

Yes!

Keeping it hot when it starts to get brrrrrrr!

It may look like the guy on the left painted his face, but that is light from the Outdoor hitting his face.

PULP!

And the rain came down....

Mazzy Star

great photos man!

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    O man this dude. So he was by me and I think SGTChiliPeppers before At The Drive In. Loudest over the top australian dude Ive ever talked to. All he could talk about was how tame our crowds were and comparing coachella to seeing Rammstein at big day out. It wouldn't surprise me if he posts on here. Maybe I was tired but he was the only person I wanted to run away from all weekend. Cool shirt though.

/story.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Are those the zkidzzz?
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

No.

Mike, did you ever get my PM?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

^i did not. Looked through here an fb and not seeing anything. Please send again Amyzzzzzzzzz.

Great set!!!

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Sweet photos. Love the cloudy skies.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Great set!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Sweet photos. Love the cloudy skies.
    Thank yous.

On a fun note, the views on the Random Set for this year after only one month have passed the amount of views the set from 2011 had all year. Individual views on pictures are near 400,000. Cray.

M83 was packed.

View of the trees on the backstage road.

Fucking Refused!

And that was random pics from Day 1.

Wow. That last Refused pic is intense! Great shots as always Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

sorry bro.. change the thread name
    Last edited by ialvarado2; 05-16-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Nice shots. Do not feel a need to take the ones you posted down, but traditionally these threads are my show. There are photo threads that ask for submissions from all.

Mike, you are a gentleman.

I want a separate thread with nothing but pictures of board members, taken by anybody.

If that M83 picture is from weekend one you were right next to me Ivankay. I'm surprised I don't see you in any of my Yuck pictures also lol

(Congrats on over 400K views! o.O)
    Last edited by xanman86; 05-16-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015