Thread: Clint Mansell rip off Brian Eno?

Default Clint Mansell rip off Brian Eno?

I was just studying in the library at school listening to Brian Eno's Music For Films album as background music to block out the coughing and sneezing from the people around me so I can concentrate...and the song Sparrowfall (3) sounds A LOT like The Last Man from The Fountain. I love Mansell...but a slight Eno rip off? Any thoughts?

Default Re: Clint Mansell rip off Brian Eno?

On the same note, anyone else ever noticed the beginning of the decemberist's "the sporting life"? Reminds me just a bit of a certain Iggy Pop tune...

this topic is a thread all by itself.

some people think that radiohead ripped off elo's "strange magic". "sexy sadie" by the beatles too.

certain people think that the biggest hits from both jet and the strokes ape iggy's "lust for life".

there are several others that i am forgetting right now. also i would be willing to bet that if clint nicked eno, it's either unconcious or intentional. as in tribute. just my two cents. i will have to listen to see though.

The opening of Peaches' "Sucker" is a blatant ripoff of the Buzzcocks "Boredom".
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

So it's a tribute to Brian Eno is what you're saying?

The opening to Jarvis Cocker's "Black Magic" resembles "Crystal Blue Persuasion".
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mob roulette View Post
    this topic is a thread all by itself.

some people think that radiohead ripped off elo's "strange magic". "sexy sadie" by the beatles too.

certain people think that the biggest hits from both jet and the strokes ape iggy's "lust for life".

there are several others that i am forgetting right now. also i would be willing to bet that if clint nicked eno, it's either unconcious or intentional. as in tribute. just my two cents. i will have to listen to see though.
    I could see that. Maybe with a bit of "Town Called Malice" by The Jam thrown in as well.

RockStr4Life - Can you upload Sparrowfall (3) so we can run a side by side comparison?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

MC Hammer ripped off Rick James.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I could see that. Maybe with a bit of "Town Called Malice" by The Jam thrown in as well.
    That's funny,because the beginning of "Town Called Malice" is awfully similar to "You Can't Hurry Love" by The Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post

RockStr4Life - Can you upload Sparrowfall (3) so we can run a side by side comparison?
    yeah how would i upload a song on here?