Thread: Are they enforcing the linked car camping pass and wristband upon entry?

Default Are they enforcing the linked car camping pass and wristband upon entry?

For the people who are already camping...do any of you know if they are enforcing the linked wristband and car camping pass rule?

Thanks...and have fun tonight!

Default Re: Are they enforcing the linked car camping pass and wristband upon entry?

It sounds like no - they would need to scan festival wristbands when entering camping to do that, and reports from yesterday said that was not being done.

edit: Said that wrong - report was they are scanning wristbands when entering camping
    Last edited by Stickjohn; 04-13-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Default Re: Are they enforcing the linked car camping pass and wristband upon entry?

I do not know, the posts in other threads have not made it clear. I think though they are scanning all wristbands, its not clear if they are scanning the camping decal. I really would like to know the answer to the question.

^ I think it's the opposite of what you said.

edit - I screwed up; report was they are scanning wristbands when entering camping
    Last edited by Stickjohn; 04-13-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Surely there is at least one set of friends with two or more car camping passes that tested out this theory by now??? Results pls...
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

yeah I think we would have heard something by now if someone was turned away for mismatched camping pass. I mean, the board exploded when a tent stake was confiscated.

EXPLODING... like... this?

Just trying to get a word in.

so whats the deal, ive got a writstband i bought off a guy off craigslist, have registered it against the site, and im just going to buy
    a camping pass off another guy from craigslist. Is this a problem? its my first time to coachella

they were scanning camping decals yesterday afternoon. My friend bought his wristband/camping pass during the general sale but for some reason the scanner showed the camping pass under a different name. He had his receipt and everything so they let him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    yeah I think we would have heard something by now if someone was turned away for mismatched camping pass. I mean, the board exploded when a tent stake was confiscated.
    they damn near had a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    they were scanning camping decals yesterday afternoon. My friend bought his wristband/camping pass during the general sale but for some reason the scanner showed the camping pass under a different name. He had his receipt and everything so they let him in.
    Is there any way to look up our receipt?

Quote Originally Posted by ntmartinez View Post
    I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure you can get access somehow through Frontgate. I'm actually curious about this too.

what's the final word on this? Has anyone ever been turned away bc the car camping didn't match the wristband?

The final word, is it depends on the security guy you get and how closely they follow the rules they are supposed to be enforcing. If they are enforcing the rules then the car camping pass has to match the original wristband. To answer part 2, yes, I personally know people that were not allowed in because they didn't have the matching wristband. They were only allowed entry once they got the original purchaser to show up and provide photo id.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by ImaPILOT View Post
    what's the final word on this? Has anyone ever been turned away bc the car camping didn't match the wristband?
    Last year I was in a group of three cars and they checked all three of our car camping passes against the festival passes they were purchased with. My buddy was running around the car lines drinking beer and sniffing butts and we had to track him down to show the security guard his wristband since it was linked to one of our car passes. This was on Thursday afternoon, so it's likely they were more laxed as the weekend progressed, but I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to enter with pass that wasn't linked to my wristband.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Last year I was in a group of three cars and they checked all three of our car camping passes against the festival passes they were purchased with. My buddy was running around the car lines drinking beer and sniffing butts and we had to track him down to show the security guard his wristband since it was linked to one of our car passes. This was on Thursday afternoon, so it's likely they were more laxed as the weekend progressed, but I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to enter with pass that wasn't linked to my wristband.
    Just to confirm, they just needed a wristband that mathed the camping pass, right? Not that they needed the ID of the person to match up as well? I ask because soem of my friends weon't be arriving until late Thursday night, so we were going to have one of them switch wristbands with them so we could get a car in for their camping spot. I think this will be fine based on all I've heard, but wanted to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    Just to confirm, they just needed a wristband that mathed the camping pass, right? Not that they needed the ID of the person to match up as well? I ask because soem of my friends weon't be arriving until late Thursday night, so we were going to have one of them switch wristbands with them so we could get a car in for their camping spot. I think this will be fine based on all I've heard, but wanted to confirm.
    Last year, in my group, they needed the ID of the person to match up as well. The car was not allowed to pass until they got the original purchaser on the phone to jog over to where they were stopped in security, show them the ID, and yes, they matched the ID to the name that was coming up when they scanned the camping pass.

This may not always be that strict (asking for ID). I've heard many instances, and it seems widely accepted, that if you just have the original wristband with the original camping pass, (which allows you to just switch wristbands with people) then you should be fine. And again I've heard on here that usually that is all you need and the accepted level of scrutiny when passing through camping security, and it also seems to be the most straight-forward way to interpret the FAQ. But it is entirely possible (as was in the case of my group last year) that they require the ID of the original purchaser, and no exceptions, because some people want to go exactly by the books - camping passes are not transferable by themselves. Just depends on the security guy you get.

I hope this helps - but long story short is that if you didn't personally buy the camping pass that you are trying to enter with, there are no guarantees that you'll be allowed in. Have people been allowed in without checking a matching ID? Absolutely yes. Should you 100% bank on it and plan your entire weekend around the assumption that they won't check? I wouldn't.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 03-18-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Last year, in my group, they needed the ID of the person to match up as well. The car was not allowed to pass until they got the original purchaser on the phone to jog over to where they were stopped in security, show them the ID, and yes, they matched the ID to the name that was coming up when they scanned the camping pass.

This may not always be that strict (asking for ID). I've heard many instances, and it seems widely accepted, that if you just have the original wristband with the original camping pass, (which allows you to just switch wristbands with people) then you should be fine. And again I've heard on here that usually that is all you need and the accepted level of scrutiny when passing through camping security, and it also seems to be the most straight-forward way to interpret the FAQ. But it is entirely possible (as was in the case of my group last year) that they require the ID of the original purchaser, and no exceptions, because some people want to go exactly by the books - camping passes are not transferable by themselves. Just depends on the security guy you get.

I hope this helps - but long story short is that if you didn't personally buy the camping pass that you are trying to enter with, there are no guarantees that you'll be allowed in. Have people been allowed in without checking a matching ID? Absolutely yes. Should you 100% bank on it and plan your entire weekend around the assumption that they won't check? I wouldn't.
    Thanks for the input. I hadn't heard of that particular thing happening. Worse comes to worse, we either go in with 2 of the 3 cars to camp next to each other and have them chill at our spot or go in later on Thursday. We'll probably give it a try, but at least we can plan for back up.

I really want to know about this too. Last year I bought my car camping pass separately and the security guy let us in fine. He scanned our wristbands and the camping pass, then just let us through. But this year I want to do the same thing, but I'm worried it won't be as easy. I already went last wknd but the girl i went with had bought them together.
    So unsure....but my friend and I need a place to stay! I can't swap wristbands either since I'm picking up at the will-call

Quote Originally Posted by ntmartinez View Post
    You should have gotten a receipt sent to your email.

I would say no. I didnt get told anything while I used a camping pass that was given to me.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Quote Originally Posted by Priscillap13 View Post
    I really want to know about this too. Last year I bought my car camping pass separately and the security guy let us in fine. He scanned our wristbands and the camping pass, then just let us through. But this year I want to do the same thing, but I'm worried it won't be as easy. I already went last wknd but the girl i went with had bought them together.
    So unsure....but my friend and I need a place to stay! I can't swap wristbands either since I'm picking up at the will-call
    Sounds like you refuse to learn the real lesson here - buy your own fucking camping pass with your own fucking wristband at the same fucking time and you won't have to worry about this shit. This is Indio, not Vegas. Stop gambling when there is a sure thing right in front of you.

Because.

Manimcool, relax!!! Some people decide to go just days before for whatever reasons. Some didn't have the money before it sold out.

And those of you that bought camping passes on CL. Trade wristbands if you can. But dont freak out. I have never heard of anyone being denied entry. I myself have done it twice. And if they were to notice that the wristband and pass dont match, talk your way out of it. Dont cry just convince the security guard.

Just bumping this to see what has been happening this year. Are they enforcing this?