Thread: Popularity of Sunday's Acts: The Rage Effect?

Default Popularity of Sunday's Acts: The Rage Effect?

Just looking over the lineup for the 36th time and noticing that Sunday is devoid of any major indie rock bands and consists of more fringe artists than the other two days. I'm thinking this is because they think Rage fans will buy up all the Sunday tickets faster than the other two days.

Probably Goldenvoice is anticipating major ticket sales for Sunday only and maybe didn't want to shut out fans from seeing the Arcade Fire/ Decemberists/ Interpol/ Arctic Monkeys/ JMC/ etc.

There's really no point to this I just noticed that Sunday was a little light on big names whereas Fri/Sat are jam packed. Air and Explosions in the Sky should be cool, but I'm not too familiar with the majority of the acts on Sun.

Whatcha think? Do we have to worry about Sunday's tickets selling out within the first week or will it be business as usual?

Default Re: Popularity of Sunday's Acts: The Rage Effect?

They said "limited one day passes" I was hoping that this meant that there would be more three day ticket holders on any one day than one day tickets sold... I don’t know if that makes sense though.

If it does sell out on Sunday I don't foresee it doing so til very late in the game like last year...on top of that PF kept everyone aware of the situation. Never stating it was going to sell out but "strongly encouraging" those that don't have tickets to get them ASAP.
    Eh, not a RATM fan though so I could be wrong.

As far as I know Rage will not be touring or recording after this (right?) which makes the reunion that much bigger of a deal. Maybe moreso than the Pixies since they did tour the states after playin our beloved polo fields.

If GV is limiting the single day purchases, it should curb the swarm of nu-metal faithfuls making the trip for this one band.

Banned

i think the focus is 3 day passes so they dont get just a rage gathering on sunday. ive got my 3 day pass and am getting th other one in 2 wks but im gonna monitor the situation.

Sunday is one of the best days! We've got Air, Crowded House, Placebo, Infected Mushroom, CSS....that pretty much rounds out my day, especially if I try to see RATM. And I wouldn't mind checking out EITS, Kaiser Chiefs, Lily Allen, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

most RATM fans are gonna go for the sunday pass....especially those coming from out of state. like me.

not to mention those coming from out of the country. Like me. Though if I do come its definitely for all 3 days :P

I don't really have a sense of just how big this RATM event is, but, for me, this Sunday is the weakest day I've seen since I started going in 2004. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree. I expect they'll add some things, but as of now--pre-additions, and pre-research--there is only band where I'm like, wow, I want to see that...and that's Air.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    I don't really have a sense of just how big this RATM event is, but, for me, this Sunday is the weakest day I've seen since I started going in 2004. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree. I expect they'll add some things, but as of now--pre-additions, and pre-research--there is only band where I'm like, wow, I want to see that...and that's Air.
    I agree with you although I have gone every year. I actually feel that the lineup this year is quite weak, but then again that could be because Bjork is playing again-love her, but I've seen her a bizillion times- and that I can't stand RHCP and Rage is just bleghhh for me.
    Portishead in 2007.
    I have attended every year.