Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Car searchs

Cool Re: Car searchs

So far a couple of my friends that got through have texted me and said that it's basically the same as last year.

Some cars are being thoroughly searched and others are just getting a visual inspection. Metal tent stakes have been taken.

My recommendations are to:

1. Not look like a sketchball
    2. Be polite and courteous (say hi, make small talk, basically offer them any assistance you can without looking desperate)
    3. Have your items packed tightly but neatly (put your cooler in the far back so they can check that first)
    4. Do not have anything they MIGHT consider not allowed in plain sight (If they find something i.e. a knife or hammer right away then they will most likely continue searching)

I also recommend reading the body language of your security guard(s) when searching the cars in front of you and then mirror them. (i.e. make similar gestures and body language when interacting)

This year I'm going to look for the most obnoxious looking group and try to get behind them if I can. Then when I pull up to be searched I will chat with security about how obnoxious they were. It's great how people can bond over mutual distaste of another.

...Or you can just apply a large amount of astroglide to your backdoor and put all your "items" up the poop shoot...just dont sneeze

Default Re: Car searchs

I'm going to keester 30 11" metal stakes. I ain't gonna risk it
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Just got through. Took about an hour wait. They asked If I had metal stakes-didn't check anything. They'll check ID if you look young and pat you down. Shifts are 7-7 today. Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by brettb88 View Post
    So far a couple of my friends that got through have texted me and said that it's basically the same as last year.

Some cars are being thoroughly searched and others are just getting a visual inspection. Metal tent stakes have been taken.

My recommendations are to:

1. Not look like a sketchball
    2. Be polite and courteous (say hi, make small talk, basically offer them any assistance you can without looking desperate)
    3. Have your items packed tightly but neatly (put your cooler in the far back so they can check that first)
    4. Do not have anything they MIGHT consider not allowed in plain sight (If they find something i.e. a knife or hammer right away then they will most likely continue searching)

I also recommend reading the body language of your security guard(s) when searching the cars in front of you and then mirror them. (i.e. make similar gestures and body language when interacting)

This year I'm going to look for the most obnoxious looking group and try to get behind them if I can. Then when I pull up to be searched I will chat with security about how obnoxious they were. It's great how people can bond over mutual distaste of another.

...Or you can just apply a large amount of astroglide to your backdoor and put all your "items" up the poop shoot...just dont sneeze
    Last year I just looked for a VW Van or similar style vehicle to follow. Worked for us!

Pretty easy search. They weren't totally lazy but any non-moron should be fine. They did search me as well as my car but it was just a light patdown.

My line wait was about 90 min arrival to search. Now waiting in the placement line.

As always - beware of the blue shirts. Those guys know how to search a body or car. If you're unlucky and you get one, you best have your stuff well-hidden.

Our search last year sucked. Our car was packed completely and they pulled everything out and it took us forever to fit it all back in again and in the process a lot of our food was destroyed. I hope it's not like that this year.

i heard they searched daft punk pretty hard, i don't know why

Most cars have a jack in case of flat tire. Jack usually has some weight to it and a flat on the bottom. This can most likely be used as an effective mallet substitute in a jam......

Quote Originally Posted by shmooo View Post
    Most cars have a jack in case of flat tire. Jack usually has some weight to it and a flat on the bottom. This can most likely be used as an effective mallet substitute in a jam......
    Shhhh if they read this they will probably start taking away our car jacks and sell them back to us at the general store!!!

All I have is metal stakes. Fuck them!!! I aint's no criminal amigos. Just look like one. Fruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckl!!!!

Arrived in line about 5pm and got thru security in an hour and fifteen minutes. Search was easy, hardly checked anything. Asked if we had any glass and poked around a bit. Other lines moved much slower so I think we got lucky. Ended up in lot 8.

I'm assuming they fill lots 7 and 4 last? Going weekend 2 getting to the grounds around 1pm latest 2pm about how far will I be from the venue? Last year I did Eldorado so i'm just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    I'm assuming they fill lots 7 and 4 last? Going weekend 2 getting to the grounds around 1pm latest 2pm about how far will I be from the venue? Last year I did Eldorado so i'm just wondering.
    I'm not sure which lots they are filling first this year, but if you are getting to the grounds around 1 or 2 on THURSDAY, then you will not be far at all from the venue. That's what time I got there last year on Thursday and my group got a pretty good spot not far from the entrance in lot 8.

Quote Originally Posted by alyssaf12 View Post
    Our search last year sucked. Our car was packed completely and they pulled everything out and it took us forever to fit it all back in again and in the process a lot of our food was destroyed. I hope it's not like that this year.
    How was your food destroyed?

Security got hungry during the extensive search?

Quote Originally Posted by jbird143 View Post
    I'm not sure which lots they are filling first this year, but if you are getting to the grounds around 1 or 2 on THURSDAY, then you will not be far at all from the venue. That's what time I got there last year on Thursday and my group got a pretty good spot not far from the entrance in lot 8.
    Yeah on Thursday. My friends who drove got there at like 5 last year and has a really good spot right by the camping center. I was just wondering cause I thought last year it opened later then 930. And i saw a picture of the line at 930 yesterday and it looked mental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"