Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Car searchs

Default Re: Car searchs

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Some people just like the Hyatt Grand Champions crowd better.
    True dat. Those guyz r da best

I was directed to the line all the way to the right. 2 cars up, there was a car being stipped down, about 6 staff members were pouring out bottle of Corona Bottles. another 2-3 were going thru the car. I figured, great! Stuck in the shitty line, they're gonna find my "stuff"...but by the time it was my turn to be inspected, the Inspection Supervisor looked at the line that built up behind me and asks me "Do you have any weed, glass, or hard alcohol" I say NOPE! And before I can get out of the car to show ID and let them search, he says to the staff...."OK these guys are good, circle 'em up, move on thru..."

Fastest inspection i've ever had, no ID check, no opening truck or icechest or bags....we were cracking the hell up!
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Yeah our search was super easy, I was a little worried because I'm only 20 and we had 3 cases of beer + box of wine in our car for the 4 of us. The guys searching our car were super nice, they asked to open our trunk, asked how much alcohol we had and sent us on our way. Didn't take anything out of the car, didn't ask for ID. Nothing. Some people on this board are just paranoid haha

Or some did get searched properly, I admit I was a little lazy this year with some things but what this thread should teach us is plan for the worst but expect the best
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

people reading this for advice on car search:

It's a complete crap shoot, don't smoke pot while waiting in line and hide your drugs/glass bottles/gunz well

/thread.

This thread is way too long when there is a simple solution: no glass, hide your drugs and just be cool.
    "Moove yuoor ooss, yuoo-a doonkey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Chef View Post
    This thread is way too long when there is a simple solution: no glass, hide your drugs and just be cool.
    That didn't take long!
    Thanks

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by gaspard27 View Post
    That didn't take long!
    Thanks
    Yeah, I'm a douchebag, don't come back, blah blah blah...suck a dick to anyone hating on me. You would've done the same thing. Our shit WAS hidden. VERY well. The fact is, that the 2 cars in front of us, and the other ones in our field of vision at the time were getting EVERYTHING in their car gone through. I'm talking entire cooler going and being looked through, every bag and shirt unrolled, every sleeping bag unrolled, everything opened. They would've found whatever no matter where it was hidden unless you guys regularly go through these lines with your shit stuffed up your assholes. Which by the way people are acting towards me on this board (elitism seems to be quite prevalent around these parts) wouldn't be much of a surprise to me.
    Coachellas I've been to: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (week 2)
    Favorite headliner ever: Paul McCartney
    Favorite act this year: At The Drive-In

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Episode Mike View Post
    They would've found whatever no matter where it was hidden unless you guys regularly go through these lines with your shit stuffed up your assholes.
    You're just wrong. Like others have said it's completely random how tough they search you, but a good precaution would be to hide your shit well. If you don't feel comfortable with that, enjoy staying at a hotel.

I've never had a problem getting anything into Coachella. Just be fucking creative and smart and you won't have problems either.

I'm not doubting that you had good reason to be scared, I just fail to understand the logic behind deciding to book a hotel room last minute instead of just simply tossing your drugs or trying another entrance to sneak them in at another time. How did these options not occur to you while you were booking at some hotel that had some absurdly spiked prices? Or are you just filthy fucking rich and completely unperturbed by these po folk questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post

It's a complete crap shoot, don't smoke pot while waiting in line and hide your drugs/glass bottles/gunz well

/thread.
    Yeah gunz, how did you hubbie smuggle you in this year?

Pack your trunk so tight that they don't want to search through it. Worked for me this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

and by trunk you mean ass, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Panda421 View Post
    Pack your trunk so tight that they don't want to search through it. Worked for me this year.
    That's exactly what we did BUT we had 5 of us together 4 of our group had no problem barely even checked 1 of our bags. But the last of our group got completely searched, everything out of the car, coolers, and bags. Searches were completely random as everyone else has said.

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Episode Mike View Post
    ... the two cars directly in front of us (when we were 1-2 cars from getting in), were being fucking TOSSED. When I say TOSSED, I mean, searched harder than I've seen people get searched by police and border patrol. And this was all being done by some guy in a yellow shirt. He was going through EVERYTHING, their coolers, the entire trunk, unrolling every sleeping bag, every shirt and piece of clothing in the bags, going through every part of the car, every pocket/glove compartment, under the seats/car itself/floor mats, inside the spare tire case and literally all through the car.
    seems like you got the exact same guys that checked our shit this year. with our van packed tight and even had some cargo up top, i was hoping some good vibes would make our search lax. a few cars from having our car checked, a new pair of yellow shirts show up to start their shift and they tore apart EVERYTHING. unraveling sleeping bags and ravaging the baggage. they even were frisking people at the car camping checkpoint--which i'm sure they didn't do this last year. anyways, this alarmed us because we had stashed our bottles of liquor in our sleeping bags and were gonna gooch the rest of our stashes. literally a car from being checked, we take out the liquor and throw it under the hood, and hide the rest of our goodies under the rear bumper. when it was our turn all they found was a sneak-a-toke i failed to remember i even took along with me.

@Manic Episode Mike you should've just come up with clever way to sneak your shit in man. flipping a bitch a few minutes away from getting inside to go stay in a hotel over car camping sounds lame as fuck... like someone said on this forum before, if you can't figure out a way to sneak shit in, you probably don't deserve to.
    #coachellaweekend1
    #takeitsleazy

#1 buy hot glue gun
    #2 buy box of grranola bars or cereal or some shit.
    #3 reseal box with hot glue gun

Ive never ever ever seen anyone open "unopened" food items. There you go kids.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

ok so i had a massive canopy, it went over 2 cars and was built out of pvc
    did not try to hide it at all.. strapped it to the top of the car
    had copious amounts of drugs
    the drugs we put in the door panel

so we get there and 2 women greet us they cheerfully say they are going to search the car
    one is a white girl mid 20s the other is a black girl in her 40s and time hasnt done her well
    the young girl opens the back door to the suv and pokes around opens are cooler which is full with beer and ice and says "yep theres beer in here" which was pretty much the extent of the search..
    meanwhile the older lady is talking to my group ..
    "you dont have any drugs do you? no camping knives.. how about plastic poles.."
    when she said that my heart dropped but i just looked at her and said no.

once she got done asking questions that was it. no further search just a "o" on our windshield and we were in

honestly it was the laxest search i could have imagined
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

I think it's been confirmed that people from security actually go through these forums from time to time, we're just feeding them this information now, keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    #1 buy hot glue gun

ding ding ding ding ding

also. DOUBLE STICK TAPE

that's all folks

Those idiots took my rubber mallet..... 30second car search and the asshole decides to take my fucking rubber mallet -.- ohhhh hiiii what am I supposed to beat the stakes in with? my hand? my foot? ok.... guess I have to use my foot smh smh

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    #1 buy hot glue gun

I've done this 3 years running now and never even had a hint of a problem.

Thanks for ruining it for next year. Brilliant guys just brilliant

Yep, next year security is opening all of your food items.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Anyone got updates?

unraveling sleeping bags? Jeez, there goes that idea. Must get more creative then.

2011 was actually pretty quick and easy. Should arrive around 10pm so hopefully the crew is kind.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Are they searching persons thoroughly or only the cars?

Yes, we need to know. Hopefully someone posts about the severity of the searches.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Also curious if they're actually enforcing the rule about metal tent stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Wow no updates yet.
    Hmmmmmm.
    It'll be the same like every other year.
    If you have anything illegal on you- then hopefully you'll get lucky and get someone who is too overwhelmed by the toll line madness to search your things

Good luck!
    Updates updates updates!