Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Car searchs

Default Re: Car searchs

on the youtube stream they had this chick interviewing a bunch of guys who were setting up a dome in the campground by using PVC pipes. So it must be really randomly this is happening...

and fucking meth with intent to sell? go away troll.

Lurker

The people they hire for the searches are not professionals nor do they seem trained. Grabbing whatever they deem a weapon is lame. The rules needed to specify these items under what they consider weapons!!!
    .:FLICCHIC:.
    "Are we machines, 
obsolete alone 
with symbiotic self indulgence, and if we dig deep 
the circuitry burnt out bends 
into neurotic repetition....."
    -IAMX

You think i am trolling about the meth thing?!? I am 100 % serious. They pulled it out of a jar of peanut butter!! The cop (who did nOt do the search but came after they found it) said that he could have let
    Them go if it was just a baggie of it... But this was divided intO 20 baggies.

Honest to god. This thread is awesome. It gave me the heads up about tent staks and pat downs. I felt it necessary to report my experience. This was not intended to scare you or make you think i am trolling. I would imagine just by coming to this thread, you are trying very hard to be safe and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by wastintimejp View Post
    You think i am trolling about the meth thing?!? I am 100 % serious. They pulled it out of a jar of peanut butter!! The cop (who did nOt do the search but came after they found it) said that he could have let

Honest to god. This thread is awesome. It gave me the heads up about tent staks and pat downs. I felt it necessary to report my experience. This was not intended to scare you or make you think i am trolling. I would imagine just by coming to this thread, you are trying very hard to be safe and have fun.
    obvious troll is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by wastintimejp View Post

Well if someone does bring meth into coachella then they should be kicked out. fucking nasty

Lurker

Who is searching cars? Cops or event staff for campers?

Quote Originally Posted by wankyone View Post
    Who is searching cars? Cops or event staff for campers?
    CSC Event Staff will be searching your car. The majority of these people, from talking to a handful of them in years past, are hired on and get a week or two of training. Lots of them are local kids who wanted some work and to go to the fest. The rest work for CSC and live in that region. Like everyone is saying, the intensity of the search depends on the staffers discretion. They're usually pretty laid back if you don't give them any reasons to be suspicious, unless their supervisor is right there.

But there are cops on site, too, to deal with cop-appropriate situations. Be smart!

any more info on this? do we know if they wised up and let people in with their "weapons"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

what time did you go thru?

i rolled up to the camp grounds on friday around 10:30 am. the line wasn't particularly long. the security searching my car was ridiculous though. i was travelling alone, i had no drugs, didn't even bring any alcohol because my friends were already in on thursday night.

these car searchers went though almost ALL of my shit. they opened my advil bottle and looked at the advil as if it was. they opened my SEALED water bottles and sniffed them. they opened the bottom of my trunk floor looking for stuff. they went through every zipper in my back pack. i honestly felt like it was completely over the top, and i made a point to tell them so.
    2005-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

I hope this thread picks up again to give us 2nd weekend campers more advice!

I have two prescriptions. I really only need one of them, but I transferred the medication to a prettier unlabeled bottle, and no longer have the original. I can print basic info from my kaiser online account, and also have the original warning papers with my name...but I can just see them being jerks about it "WHY don't you just have your bottle? Not allowed!" --*pocket it* -- "NEXT!"

Any experience with prescriptions? I heard something about them taking some away and letting you keep the rest. Is that even LEGAL? What about regular ol' vitamins? Vitamin B complex is a must for energy!

Anyway, being female with another girl, a guy and a DINKY car, hope we look innocent enough
    Last edited by electromg; 04-16-2012 at 01:54 PM.

do they do body searches when entering campgrounds????

Quote Originally Posted by kilgore_trout View Post
    do they do body searches when entering campgrounds????
    When entering in your car, yes? Once you're through, you can come in and out without searches.
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

crap just realised ill have a bottle of echinacia drops and sleeping pills in glass. guess ill have to leave em home!

So where'd you all put the weed

under the ground...where the bass thumps hard..

Quote Originally Posted by frizbee9 View Post
    i rolled up to the camp grounds on friday around 10:30 am. the line wasn't particularly long. the security searching my car was ridiculous though. i was travelling alone, i had no drugs, didn't even bring any alcohol because my friends were already in on thursday night.

these car searchers went though almost ALL of my shit. they opened my advil bottle and looked at the advil as if it was. they opened my SEALED water bottles and sniffed them. they opened the bottom of my trunk floor looking for stuff. they went through every zipper in my back pack. i honestly felt like it was completely over the top, and i made a point to tell them so.

Which campsite did you end up in?

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    So where'd you all put the weed
    Taint

Rolled in about 2:30 Thursday, car camping. No search what so ever just waved through~ Ijust think it's the roll of the dice and if you get someone on a power trip..

under the ground...where the bass thumps hard..

Quote Originally Posted by Litewait View Post
    Rolled in about 2:30 Thursday, car camping. No search what so ever just waved through~ Ijust think it's the roll of the dice and if you get someone on a power trip..
    How long was your wait when you arrived @ 2:30pm? What campsite did you end up in?

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    Emailed Coachella about the hammock stand. Similar to the one here: http://www.amazon.com/Pawleys-Island...4371296&sr=1-4
    I will let you know what I hear back.
    Response from Coachella: "Assuming that security does not change its ways for weekend 2, metal poles such as the hammock stand will not be allowed, sorry."

SUCKS.

On prescriptions: my experience in the past has been positive, but your name MUST BE ON THE BOTTLE. As long as it's very clearly your prescription, everything should be golden. In 2010 I was able to bring my anxiety meds directly into the festival itself, with only a few-minutes-long hiccup when the guy at the front had to find a supervisor.

If you swapped bottles, I suggest stashing it or not bringing it if it's not something you need to take daily.

As a single person to a car 26 year old white guy, my car search was real quick. I had Advil bottles, cold medicines, allergy Medicines, a mallet, tent stakes, and a bunch of containers that did not get searched, though I was smuggling nothing in anyways.

On the flip side, a friend I was working with had his CANOPY CONFISCATED. I shit you not. He had a truck with 8. Metal poles in the back, and the tarp that goes with them as well. Each pole was 6 to 8 feet long. The security people fought him for like 30 minutes and in the end told him that these 8 foot metal poles could be used as WEAPONS and would not be allowed inside the camp grounds. That being said I saw a number of big make shift canopies with similar poles. It's a luck of the draw and if they pull some bullshit on you there is nothing you can do.

And if you see a real fat pale bald dude. When going into car camping, avoid him at all costs. He was almost threatening people, screaming at the top of his lungs for people to get the f back In their cars while in the waiting area, and was screaming at people to go in before their groups got there.

I think I know the "real fat pale bald dude" of which you speak. He was the guy with the beanbag chair sized gut if I'm not mistaken. Luckily I was one line to the right of him. Poor fellow is not long for this world.

I got there Thursday morning at 8:00 so our group was apart of the first to be searched. As said before in lots of the posts, some people are more relaxed than others. The young guy searching us didn't really care (just had us open our bags, didn't take anything out) whereas the woman searching us was way more strict. We weren't smuggling anything in so we had nothing to worry about. We did, though, see the car ahead of us get searched and some things were confiscated. The woman searching them actually checked inside a girl's coffee cup.

Also, we had metal stakes for our tent (little ones, but still) and they didn't even ask to see them.

Oh! One of the girls in our group had her prescription and she just told them straight up that she had the bottle. They didn't check inside it, they just saw the bottle.

We arrived about 11:30 PM, finally got in around 2:30 AM, at the front of lot 10, South 126 St by the general store and cyclecide.

The search wasn't bad. The guy checked my ID but nobody else in the car was checked, one of the other security guards even said "Why the fuck is he checking his ID?" They patted all of us down, looked in the truck, looked in the bed, asked if we had alcohol in the coolers and looked in the coolers. They didn't take any of our bags apart or anything but I did see others getting their bags checked. For the most part, from what I saw, all the security guards seemed to be joking around with people. This was kind of annoying considering they wanted to have a conversation with everyone and we just wanted to get through. I hid my stakes and my mallet just in case, but it wasn't an issue. Some guys in one car were stashing all of their stuff as they pulled up in line and were too busy to notice that all the cars had gone and they were in the front of the line, about 5 car lengths back from the security check. About 6 security guards came over and checked their car and asked them what they were doing, but they didn't confiscate anything that I know of.

Also, after pulling in, the guys that were "helping" pull you into the spots were dickheads and incompetent.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

rule of thumb, security are people too. if you see a sweaty crotch or armpits, offer them so water, be cool, and hopefully they will let you through with no problem! last year, we had a van full of people and all our shit was on top of the van and they just looked in the trunk and let us leave. but then again, it all depends on who you get, our neighbors at our spot had all of their stuff thoroughly searched and this was about 4 pm. all i remember what they took was scissors, but that wasn't all. good luck and have fun weekend 2 goers, its gonna be stereotypical coachella weather unlike week 1. waaahhhooooo!!!

Do they make you take off your shoes when they search you?

Quote Originally Posted by blitzerdog View Post
    Do they make you take off your shoes when they search you?
    no. nor do they stripsearch you.

We got stuck at the slowest-moving line, because the security dude was really taking his job seriously. That included finding weed in a car two in front of us and (per his own words to me) scaring him with phantom K9 units further down by giving up the rest of the weed he's hidden.

I was cheerful and nice to him, and even though my car was packed to the brim, it took 1 minute, and he barely opened anything.

The moral of the story: be nice to the security check people and chances are they won't hassle you.
    Pulp.Other Lives.M83.Arctic Monkeys.Amon Tobin.Explosions in the Sky.The Horrors.EMA.The Black Keys.GIRLS.Yuck.WU LYF
    Radiohead.Noel Gallagher.Bon Iver.GY!BE.Feist.The Vaccines.St. Vincent.Jeff Mangum.The Shins.SBTRKT.Kasabian.Keep Shelly in Athens.Destroyer.Kaiser Chiefs
    Wild Beasts.Metronomy.Beirut.Real Estate.Fanfarlo.The Weeknd.Florence+The Machine.The Hives.Gotye.First Aid Kit

getting into car camping/getting into the actual festival, how well do they search girls' bodies? Not bags or anything, that's expected to be searched. But how touchy are they when it comes to boobs and vag area?