Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Car searchs

Exclamation Re: Car searchs

About an wait for me, made it in lot 5 on 156th. (by the path to the other lot) in a white montero if anyone wants to stop by. I gave The two searching my car some water and they seemed pretty cool. My whole car was filled from back to my driver seat. I just pulled out my two coolers and they searched that. Then some quick bag searches and a brief pat down. They almost confiscated my propane tank but the supervisor said it was alright. I guess it just depends on who you get. Have a good time everyone!

Default Re: Car searchs

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Thieving as security confiscated 3 mini kegs of heady beer from us upon car search. They are trying very hard to take as much alcohol as they can especially if you have bomb brews.

The FAQ says no kegs...

Can we bring alcohol?

Reasonable amount of beer (limited to 1 case of beer per person) (NO KEGS, NO GLASS, NO LIQUOR), for personal consumption only (NO VENDING), by folks who are of legal age (21), will be permitted to be brought onto the camping areas (not concert area). If, however, in the security's judgment it appears that the amount of alcohol is excessive for the number of persons in the vehicle, or if anyone in the vehicle is under 21 years of age, the organizers reserve the right to deny entry of the vehicle and/or confiscate the alcohol. Kegs may not be brought onto the property. Please keep these things in mind and be sensible about how much you plan to bring in. Beer will be available for purchase on the concert field. Yes, boxed wine is ok to bring, too.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

My pat down was nothin major, but a couple rows over I saw some scantily clad girls getting patted down and the security lady stuck her hands into the underwire of their bras. Be warned lol

Any update on the tent stake confiscation? I emailed info and no one responded.

moar pix please

everyones too busy having fun to post pics... COME ON NEXT WEEK!!!

Arrived at 3pm. We had about a 45 min wait, of which it only took about 3 mins at the actual checkpoint. Security patted down our pockets, checked the front area of our car, did a cursory search of the back of our SUV and the ice chests and then we were through. Super chill. Security guard even joked with us, "y'all knew to hide your weed, right?". Awesome.

We made it through fine with our rubber mallet and metal spikes that were secured in with our pop-up and tent bags. Our SUV was pretty packed and we showed up at rush hour with about 1,000 other LA friends which I think worked in our favor.

By 4pm half of Lot 8 still looked empty but by 8pm its dark now and I would guess most o the lot is full by now. Have a great Coachella everybody.
    Last edited by boondoggle; 04-12-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    Arrived at 3pm. About a 45 min wait, took about 3 mins at the checkpoint. Security patted down our pockets, checked the front area of our car, did a cursory search of the back of our SUV and the ice chests and then we were through. Super chill. Security guard even joked with us, "y'all knew to hide your weed, right?". Awesome.
    thank you! this is very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by vfcali View Post
    Pat down, really? How thorough?
    Not very thorough on us. Guess depends on the individual security.

Lot 8 is full as of 9pm. Last couple cars are filing in next to the food trucks now.

So are they scanning the camping decal? Or are they just scanning wristbands? I want to sell my Weekend 2 camping pass but I am not willing to switch wristbands. I don't want anyone to get screwed over in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    Lot 8 is full as of 9pm. Last couple cars are filing in next to the food trucks now.
    Can anyone see if they are filling Lot 10 or Lot 7 next???
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    Can anyone see if they are filling Lot 10 or Lot 7 next???
    Usually around this time the party begins...in the line to get into camping. So you end up on the outskirts of car camping but you have a blast waiting in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by vfcali View Post
    Thank you for the summary! I think it would also be valuable (for Weekend 2 folks) to know what lot people got into based on what time they got into the car camping line.
    E.g. I arrived at 9:20am and got into the front part of Lot 8 near the entrance at 2:30pm.
    Are you saying you got there at 9:20 and didn't get a sot till 2:30?

Quote Originally Posted by amili.oh View Post
    Are you saying you got there at 9:20 and didn't get a sot till 2:30?
    No, I'm going Weekend 2. E.g. = example.

Lotta good intel in this thread. Thanks everyone!

i was wondering. do they care if you have your weed card. or will they still trip

I recall reading something about it not mattering about the pot card, it's their festival, so they can enforce whatever rule. However, I can't seem to track it down... maybe someone knows where that's written.

Just don't be an idiot and you'll be fine.
    Just trying to get a word in.

Are you guys planning on stashing your pipe or whatever it is you're smoking from too? Will them seeing a pipe that smells like weed make them look even more?

Looking forward to a Coachella where we don't have to stash our green. Hopefully in my lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by shadeewho View Post
    i was wondering. do they care if you have your weed card. or will they still trip
    Frequently Asked Questions under General Questions:

"I have a Medical Marijuana Card and medicate daily. cool?
    Sorry Bro, Medical Marijuana Cards are not valid at Coachella."

^ Yah, that.
    Just trying to get a word in.

so am i good to bring my giant pvc canopy that covers 2 car spots?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Quote Originally Posted by nmtnlv View Post
    Took all tent stakes(plastic and metal)and PVC we had for a shade structure. They said no homemade tents are allowed.
    That's really messed up. I guess it's a good idea I went to the beach today and got garbage bags full of sand..

They seriously opened the back of my subaru shined a flashlight and said we were good.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

It was packed to the brim with shit too.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Sent this e-mail to info@coachella yesterday and here is the response.

Coachella-

Hearing a lot of complaining on the message board that security is taking away all metal and rubber tent stakes as well as rubber mallets from car campers as they arrive this morning.

Can you confirm that this is the policy for car camping? And if so how people are suppose to secure their tents to the ground?

---------------------------------------------------

Yes, tent stakes and rubber mallets will be allowed. Its windy out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro323 View Post
    Are you guys planning on stashing your pipe or whatever it is you're smoking from too? Will them seeing a pipe that smells like weed make them look even more?

Looking forward to a Coachella where we don't have to stash our green. Hopefully in my lifetime
    Why not just be safe and stash your pipe, dont give them further reason to check your car. Dont risk getting the asshole that wants to steal your shit.

Very helpful, thanks for posting everybody! Weekend 2!

I also plan on bringing some 1 gallon jugs of water to anchor my pop up canopies for Weekend 2 Just in case. I'd forgotten that I do that when I use them on concrete...I got all obsessed about the stakes being confiscated-

Quote Originally Posted by LetThereBeLight View Post
    My pat down was nothin major, but a couple rows over I saw some scantily clad girls getting patted down and the security lady stuck her hands into the underwire of their bras. Be warned lol
    I warned you ladies. female pat downs by ex-junior college softball players. batter up!!!
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by headfones View Post
    This is all very valuable information for any folks that have not yet entered the car camping check-ins either and is not subject to the excluded Weekend 2 folks who get to watch a festival that already happened the week before.
    Quote Originally Posted by SameOldSong View Post
    So if you went to the theater you'd only go on opening day? It takes a rare combination of self-centeredness and general grouchiness to put forth this sort of attempt to rain on the parade of weekend 2ers. I doubt anyone going the second weekend cares about your petulant scoffs.
    First post here on Coachella but I'm a forum master beyond the likes of anything "headfones" could imagine.

I agree with sameoldsong and just an FYI silly boy: I specifically chose weekend two and could not be happier with that choice. Maybe they'll close out the festival with something the week 1 people won't get to see, or maybe vice versa? I don't really care. Most people on here just want to enjoy the music whether it's week 1 or week 2.

Go troll else where.