Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Car searchs

Default Re: Car searchs

steak-337.jpg ????????

I really hope they realize taking stakes is ridiculous..
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

I just emailed Coachella about all this and this was the response I got:

Me: The message boards are exploding with reports that we can't bring home made tents, tent stakes, or mallets to apply said tent stakes. What's going on? Is someone unaware that it gets very windy out there and tents are going to be flying everywhere if no one uses stakes? Further, it states in your FAQ that: "If you are car camping, you can sleep in your car, on your car, next to your car or other creative sleeping places as long as it's not against the rules and is within your allotted camping spot."

That doesn't sound like "store bought tents only" to me...

Coachella: Homemade tents are fine.

Me: Well, you should tell that to security then, because they are confiscating them from car campers.

Quote Originally Posted by gaspard27 View Post
    steak-337.jpg ????????
    The steak or the stake for the kabob? Dunnn DunnnDUnnnnnnn!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    I really hope they realize taking stakes is ridiculous..
    This might be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by cndexter View Post

Me: The message boards are exploding with reports that we can't bring home made tents, tent stakes, or mallets to apply said tent stakes. What's going on? Is someone unaware that it gets very windy out there and tents are going to be flying everywhere if no one uses stakes? Further, it states in your FAQ that: "If you are car camping, you can sleep in your car, on your car, next to your car or other creative sleeping places as long as it's not against the rules and is within your allotted camping spot."

Me: Well, you should tell that to security then, because they are confiscating them from car campers.
    Nice. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Lurker

Whiffle ball bat was also confiscitated as a weapon. All my neighbors got hammers and stakes in so it depends on your line

quick question, does anyone know if they are id-ing people who are bringing in booze? is that being pretty enforced or not really?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by nmtnlv View Post
    Whiffle ball bat was also confiscitated as a weapon. All my neighbors got hammers and stakes in so it depends on your line
    I guess lawn darts are out of the questions then...

If they're taking away PVC piping, I would worry about my metal hammock stand (store bought, not homemade). Dang it! Guess I should email Coachella right now and get some clarification. Then I can always use that at security to try and sway them to let me in.

are they scanning your actual wristbands as you come in, only the drivers, or anyone at all? that will help a lot with the camping pass stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hellomikyla View Post
    quick question, does anyone know if they are id-ing people who are bringing in booze? is that being pretty enforced or not really?
    i would like to know this as well

I don't understand how people are actually letting them take their stakes and mallets. I fully plan on raising an ungodly amount of hell if they even think about trying to take my tent / canopy stakes. It's so absurd that I feel like people must be bullshitting about that type of stuff getting confiscated.

Yeah, that's a great idea. Faced with the option of surrendering stakes and going forth or raising hell and holding up the line, you choose the latter. When you can apparently just buy stakes inside. That's the spirit.

So how are they taking stakes if they arent going into the tent bags? Or do people not keep them within the bag the tent comes in?

Quote Originally Posted by constantlyoff View Post
    are they scanning your actual wristbands as you come in, only the drivers, or anyone at all? that will help a lot with the camping pass stuff.
    ditto

Coachella 2012 part deux

Took all tent stakes(plastic and metal)and PVC we had for a shade structure. They said no homemade tents are allowed.
    That's fucking bullshit, I'd be pissed

Quote Originally Posted by loubque View Post
    So how are they taking stakes if they arent going into the tent bags? Or do people not keep them within the bag the tent comes in?
    Many people probably went and bought extra stakes when they heard about the wind so the stakes are not in their bags
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

^ I need to know this too

ID OR NO ID?
    Don't worry Kanye, I like Fish-sticks too

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverCat View Post
    Does anyone know if they're taking away the corkscrew stakes?

Better keester it.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

What email address you send that to? I think I'll send one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Nevermind that they just completely ignored the part about tent stakes and mallets. Looks like there's going to be a canopy through a windshield or two when those winds pick up!

Whiffle ball bat was also confiscitated as a weapon.
    Now it's just getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    What email address you send that to? I think I'll send one too.
    just info@coachella.com

This thread makes me smile for choosing Week 2.

*CONSPIRACY THEORY*
    The guys confiscating the stakes are in cahoots with the General Store staff that are re-selling stakes....wtf are they thinking of doing with 50,000+ confiscated tent/canopy stakes?

How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by SameOldSong View Post
    Yeah, that's a great idea. Faced with the option of surrendering stakes and going forth or raising hell and holding up the line, you choose the latter. When you can apparently just buy stakes inside. That's the spirit.
    It is more than worth my time to get a manager / supervisor over to my car and hold the line up for 2 more minutes than to have them take all of my stakes. It's not about me wanting to make people wait longer. Fact is, I'd rather everyone get in with as little wait time as possible, but this is absolutely crossing the line. It's not like people in past years have taken to stabbing their neighbors with tent stakes. There's no rational to what they are doing, and that's the point of me not wanting to just cave to some rent-a-security person who doesn't even know what they're doing half the time.

one person says he saw tent stakes being confiscated and one person says his tent stakes were confiscated = BOARD EXPLODING

my experience with scanning camping/wristbands is from tent/eldorado. First they tried scanning camping pass twice and it was rejected. They sent me to customer service and woman re-scanned and it passed. Then I went through security bag check. And then my wristband was scanned. So basically totally separate scans. This was at 10am

Quote Originally Posted by sassypants View Post
    my experience with scanning camping/wristbands is from tent/eldorado. First they tried scanning camping pass twice and it was rejected. They sent me to customer service and woman re-scanned and it passed. Then I went through security bag check. And then my wristband was scanned. So basically totally separate scans. This was at 10am
    Same thing happened with a friend's companion car sticker last year. Scanned 3 times, said invalid. Then we asked to have it scanned by a different gun & it said valid. Keep them scan gun batteries charged idiots!!!

also from what I've seen there e plenty of homemade tent structures in ar camping. I think someone is causing unnecessary drama. The cars are pouring into car camping. Can't see the search area.

What the fuck? Taking tent stakes is the stupidest thing ever. Last year it wasn't even that windy and a brief wind storm on Sunday lifted up somebody's gazebo and it crashed through our windshield. Luckily we saw it happened and they paid for it but it was still a bitch waiting until like 1 on Monday for windshield repair people to come fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    I don't understand how people are actually letting them take their stakes and mallets. I fully plan on raising an ungodly amount of hell if they even think about trying to take my tent / canopy stakes. It's so absurd that I feel like people must be bullshitting about that type of stuff getting confiscated.
    Yeah....pics or it didn't fuckin happen.