Thread: Nighttime weather at Coachella?

Banned

Default Nighttime weather at Coachella?

hey for the ones who have gone before how is the weather at night. obvioulsy it will be hot during the day but at night is it worth bringing in a long sleeve or not? what your past experience?

Default Re: Nighttime weather at Coachella?

It can get a little chilly at night, I would suggest a long sleeve shirt or light sweater. I usually bring a thermal long sleeve shirt and a pair of socks (I do the old guy cutting the grass thing, flip flops and socks) - my feet were really cold in 2003.
    "Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."
    "Yea yea! The camel tail."

long sleeve/hoodie is key...it can get pretty chilly

in 05 it got super windy at night and i was freezing....

I was worried about that last year, but once the sun went down I thought the temp was perfect. I was in a skirt and tank top both days too, and I never once got the slightest bit chilled. Then again, by the time the sun went down I was warm and glowy from my wine/beer buzz.

I think if you're there most of the day, the cooler temps just feel good. If you show up right around sunset, that's when the cooler temp is probably gonna bother you. Last year we risked it and didn't bring in any warmer clothing with us, mainly cause we didn't want to have to lug around a sweatshirt all day in 100 degree heat. If all else fails just buy a hoodie from a vendor once you get cold.

Of course if you're camping it's different story...I imagine it gets pretty effing cold around 4 in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

I would also recommend sunscreen on your scalp - I got the worst sunburn of my life!
    Of course i'm home. I'm always home. I'm uncool! - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

Quote Originally Posted by dj_deathskiss View Post
    I would also recommend sunscreen on your scalp - I got the worst sunburn of my life!
    YES, that is some damn good advice! I got a raging sunburn in a single line down the center of my head from wearing braids with no sunscreen. Yowzers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

You can also wear a hat during the day....
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Lurker

The weather at night varies. Right now it's 75 in the day, but feels like 85 and is in the high 30's at night. There are times in May/June where you also get the desert effect. It's worth it too bring a long sleeve if you get cold easily, but I'd check the weather forecast for the week before packing. You add 10+ degree to the high and -5 degree to the low and you'll get an estimate on temperature.
    Portishead in 2007.
    I have attended every year.

i think with global warming it's going to be really hot this year. if it gets cold just go into one of the tents. it'll be hot anyways because of all the body heat. i remember i was so hot even at night last year

for the last 3 years i have dressed in shorts, sandals and t-shirt and never been cold at night. Bring $30 extra and if you actually get cold buy some merch.

It depends where you're coming from. What's considered chilly in late April in Indio is considered warm in late April in Bethesda, MD. It doesn't bother me.

I'm from Canada. It's between - 30 and - 40 here in winter so i think i can make it through the night at Coachella. Yes MINUS 30-40 celsius. Thats F**King cold.

Lurker

2005 it got damn cold at night with tents blowing everywhere. of course by 7am it was 90 and sunny...

Night time usually gets windy as all hell. I usually just wear a backpack and store my sweatshirt/hoodie in it during the day. That way you're good come night time.

-- J

Quote Originally Posted by el_harderino View Post
    I'm from Canada. It's between - 30 and - 40 here in winter so i think i can make it through the night at Coachella. Yes MINUS 30-40 celsius. Thats F**King cold.
    we had a -47 the other week. Fuck, Winnipeg winters blow

I brought a backpack full of warm gear last year on the first day, and never put it on. If you are grooving enough, you will be perfectly warm at night. It's not worth it to carry aroung a backpack all day!
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    hey for the ones who have gone before how is the weather at night. obvioulsy it will be hot during the day but at night is it worth bringing in a long sleeve or not? what your past experience?
    BRING WARM CLOTHS FOR THE NIGHT...JUST IN CASE!!!
    The weather here can be unpredictable and can become rather chilly at night. Sure..it can reach over 100 degrees during the day...but at night it can drop to the 40s or 50s...which for us desert rats is cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    I raped three children, did heroin, harrassed a horse, set fire to an emo kid, and stole a cart of churros.

THIS TRULY IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!

Here's the average High/Low Temp history for the area.

http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/Di...=none&IATA=TRM

If past history is accurate...expect daytime temps around/over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

Expect nighttime temps to be around 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit.

Quote Originally Posted by ediger View Post
    we had a -47 the other week. Fuck, Winnipeg winters blow
    I can second that, I'm from Brandon and I pretty much froze my balls off walking to my car this morning.