Thread: Radiohead VS Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Default Radiohead VS Godspeed You! Black Emperor

There isn't a formal time conflict, but us Radiohead and GY!BE fans will have to decide between getting front row to Radiohead, or sticking through all of Godspeed. A tough choice, to say the least.

Godspeed is at 10, and Radiohead is at 11:05. This means we have to decide between leaving Godspeed early and getting front row to Radiohead, or staying full for Godspeed but ending up somewhere in the back.

Pros and cons... Godspeed might not ever tour again, right? Especially in the United States? And plus... they're supposed to be mindblowing live... it'd just feel insulting not to stick through the whole set. They probably won't, but if they played Motherfucker = Redeemer Part 2, it'd blow my mind. It's my favorite Godspeed song.

At least Radiohead will have more concerts to come, hopefully.

Any thoughts? I wanted to see what fans of both bands like me would do in this position. TKOL is good, but not Radiohead good, you know? And they'll prolly be playing mostly their newer stuff. I'm leaning towards staying through Godspeed.

Lurker

Default Re: Radiohead VS Godspeed You! Black Emperor

I really don't know what I'm going to do about this. Worst "conflict" of the weekend for me.

Yeah man, I think I'm gonna go with Godspeed. Who knows when we'll get to see them again. And Radiohead isn't in the primetime of their life at the moment, and will have shows to come, hopefully.

Leaving Godspeed early won't get you front row to Radiohead. I know tons of people that are going to be posted at the MS pretty much the majority of the day to see them. You'll be in the middle if you leave GSY!BE early. The back if you don't.

I guess my point is: Stay for GY!BE. You're not going to get a great spot at Radiohead anyway, and plus GY!BE is a great band. Have fun at them for me. I'll be over at Bon Iver waiting for Radiohead haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    You're like a freedom fighter, but for pointless shit.
    COACHELLA 2013 - Rick James

I'll make this same decision Sat night. I'll be watching Shins and Bon Iver so I'll probably just stay there. We all sound like a First World Problems meme.

I saw one of the GY!BE shows in NYC last year and this was the setlist:
    Hope Drone
    Gathering Storm
    Monheim
    Albanian
    Chart #3
    World Police and Friendly Fire
    Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls
    Moya
    BBP3

Not sure how much they change it up, but it was definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen. I'm facing the same issue on whether to catch their whole set or try and get a good spot for Radiohead. An hour is pretty short for GY!BE so I'm not sure how many songs they'll actually play, but I still highly recommend their set.

Hopefully they'll change that conflict for weekend 2.

I will definitely be staying full board for Godspeed. I've never seen Radiohead live but I understand from those who have that getting close is not crucial for their set, as long as you can hear the songs clearly you are good to go. So there shouldn't be any problem being farther back for them.

I'll be at Sub Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    I'll be at Sub Focus.

I second this... Let the kiddies cram together to try and see RH, I'll be dancing my ass off
    careful with that axe Eugene

As a a fan of both bands, and have seen both live, pick GYBE. This might be their last tour ever.

lovely name btw. My favorite track on Loveless, very underrated.

Do you guys think Efim Menuck would give me his autograph of I attached a sharpie to my copy of Yanqui UXO and threw it on stage? What are the stages like, anyway? How close can we get to them?

See all of Godspeed and get in the back for Radiohead. /thread.

I have and will never understand why people camp out for hours in front of the main stage for the headliner. You're not restricted to what you can see throughout the day, and the sound is undoubtedly better from further back. But whatever, who am I to judge.

True. Also as far as bands that getting rail is worth for, Radiohead are not really one. I did that all through my teens, as soon as I stopped caring about being close I started to enjoy concerts that bit more. Especially at festivals. They are like 12-15 bands I could (and want) conceivably see per day this year, so camping will not be an option.

Although the Madness - Pulp overlap still sucks

Plus you have room to dance/breathe. I haven't been up close for a headliner since RATM in 2007.

I mean you guys do know they have speakers in the back and large screens displaying what is happening on stage right?

Quote Originally Posted by Natelevmofuggaz View Post
    I mean you guys do know they have speakers in the back and large screens displaying what is happening on stage right?
    shut up and let the morons camp the main stage all day long... better for the rest of us

Watch ALL of godspeed and then be midway back for Radiohead.
    I agree that the sound closer to the front is nowhere near as good as it is midway. Near the mixing
    board is the best sound.