Thread: Bob Lefsetz Reviews Coachella

Default Re: Bob Lefsetz Reviews Coachella

I dont know who this guy is but he sounds like someone who goes in to shows WANTING to not enjoy them. A lot of stuff he said wasn't good was great. No one liked Tune Yards live? I thought they were captivating and everyone around me (and I was in the back) was dancing. And from a musician's point of view it was really cool watching her creating the loops live. I could go on but what's the point

Also, the fact that he doesn't think people are capable of reading entire paragraphs shows his condescending attitude.
    Coachella 2010, 2011, 2012-2, 2013-2

And I realize Bon Iver is not EDM ("electronic dance music" for the uninitiated). But if you want to survive the deejay onslaught, that’s what you’ve got to be, different, unique, special.

Completely wrong about the Tuneyards. That gal's got talent. Most people I talked to really enjoyed their set. One of the more original sets of Coachella. I never heard of them before, but when I got home downloaded a bunch of her shit.

That guy is a fucking clown. I want those two minutes of my life back I wasted reading that piss poor writeup.
    05-12.2

Buzzcocks were just noise? Ha. This dude is retarded. And agoraphobic, it seems. Stay at home if you don't like crowds.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

"And with so much more noise coming from every other stage, the cacophony made me want to move on, which I did."

And everyone was happy.

He needed to see some more shows, starting with Gary Clark Jr.
    Last edited by Stickjohn; 04-26-2012 at 08:18 PM.

That guy is dull.

edit: read the archives. that guy is even duller than the Coachella review lets on. He complains about Bon Jovi touriing without Richie Sambora and he raves about Jackson Browne.
    Last edited by TomAz; 04-26-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I'm still partial to:

Zachary Fouladian, Staff Writer
    Many students took advantage of spring break coinciding with Coachella’s first weekend, but some went the music festival’s second weekend, April 20 to 22. All in all, Coachella’s second weekend was much like the first, only hotter and more populated.
    One of the similarities was the recreation of the Tupac hologram. Some students had hoped for a different artist, for the surprise factor to continue into the second weekend. But Tupac emerged on the stage again, and though there wasn’t a pleasant shock for the second weekers, the experience was still unforgettable.
    Junior David Javidzad enjoyed his second-week experience. His personal favorites were Calvin Harris, Swedish House, and Dada Life (the last because he managed to get up front), but there weren’t many bad parts for Javidzad.
    One performance he didn’t like, though, was The Weekend. “Everyone didn’t like it,” Javidzad said. “The music was louder than the microphone.”
    Javidzad confirmed that there were many people and that the heat was intense, but there were people with misters to spray water, and that the size of the crowd “the way it was supposed to be. Without that, it wouldn’t live up to its theme.”
    Javidzad recommended next year’s Coachella-goers bring extra money, since bringing water or food isn’t allowed. He spent $40 on water and churros each. Javidzad also recommends the waffle ice cream sandwich and the French fries, mentioning them with a grunt of satisfaction. Lastly, Javidzad warns next year’s attendees that “if you’re not prepared to get wet, you won’t have fun.” So to those already waiting to grab Coachella 2013 tickets, be ready for sweating in the heat and being sprayed with water, as they’re both part of the festival’s package experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

if you’re not prepared to get wet, you won’t have fun.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Who is Bob Lefsetz, and why does he deserve his own thread?
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Hmmm opinions aside, i actually like this guy's writing style.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Was that guy standing backwards during Kaiser Chiefs? What a fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

This guy should not be seeing live music, ever.

Feist -- A rockstar with bad complexion. Didn't play 1234.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Was that guy standing backwards during Kaiser Chiefs? What a fool.
    maybe he didn't do the work to get into the crowd and was standing in the way back where everybody's always sitting down and eating lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by aguadulce View Post
    This guy should not be seeing live music, ever.
    He's right about Radiohead

No. That guy is never right about anything at all ever. He chose the wrong socks this morning and then put them on his hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    He's right about Radiohead
    He's right about Bon Iver also...Snoop Dre was the event...but Bon Iver was head and shoulders better than any other set I saw weekend one on a purely musical level. Far and a way the most transportive set.

Interesting read...as are the articles surrounding it

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    He's right about Bon Iver also...Snoop Dre was the event...but Bon Iver was head and shoulders better than any other set I saw weekend one on a purely musical level. Far and a way the most transportive set.
    Grrr, starting to regret being blacked out and not remembering any of Bon Iver, I'm pretty sure I was there though.