Thread: Keep Shelly in Athens

whiney pain in butt

Default Keep Shelly in Athens

How hard is it to get their name right?? First the poster and now on the set times...

Yes, this deserved a thread.. because also, you should go see them.

Default Re: Keep Shelly in Athens

how'd they do? not much else to see during their set time.

i thought it was great, go check them out if you can.

They were terrible at The Roxy last year, I hope they got their shit together.
    waka waka

They were really on point at Coachella, I'd love to seem them again at their own show

Fantastic set. Really enjoyed it. A perfect thing for you weekend 2 goers, as you seek out some noon shade at Gobi to some chill good music.
    Pulp.Other Lives.M83.Arctic Monkeys.Amon Tobin.Explosions in the Sky.The Horrors.EMA.The Black Keys.GIRLS.Yuck.WU LYF
    Radiohead.Noel Gallagher.Bon Iver.GY!BE.Feist.The Vaccines.St. Vincent.Jeff Mangum.The Shins.SBTRKT.Kasabian.Keep Shelly in Athens.Destroyer.Kaiser Chiefs
    Wild Beasts.Metronomy.Beirut.Real Estate.Fanfarlo.The Weeknd.Florence+The Machine.The Hives.Gotye.First Aid Kit

I didn't care for them much. Dragonette afterwards was super fun though.

I thought they sounded great. They could use a little more stage presence. The lead singer doesn't interact with the audience much.
    COACHELLA 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

really enjoyed their show. sounded great, both vocals and the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Great set that was well-received by the audience and the singer looked genuinely appreciative of the crowd's response. Some of their stuff is chill but some is pretty dark, almost in a Portishead vein. If you are going on the second weekend, pay heed to the comment above from the Dragonette fan. If you like frothy uptempo 80s dance music, you are not likely to enjoy Keep Shelly in Athens. We left Dragonette after two songs. If you like to chew bubble gum, while washing a Cinnabon down with a Frappucino, Dragonette may be your band.

Quote Originally Posted by philabuster View Post
    Great set that was well-received by the audience and the singer looked genuinely appreciative of the crowd's response. Some of their stuff is chill but some is pretty dark, almost in a Portishead vein. If you are going on the second weekend, pay heed to the comment above from the Dragonette fan. If you like frothy uptempo 80s dance music, you are not likely to enjoy Keep Shelly in Athens. We left Dragonette after two songs. If you like to chew bubble gum, while washing a Cinnabon down with a Frappucino, Dragonette may be your band.
    i agree that dragonette is some 80's shopping-mall-montage-music but goddamn if i didn't have a blast at their show. singer is super-cute and the crowd was fun. i walked away a fan having only known "hello".
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Whoa chief calm down. Not really a Dragonette fan...only knew "Hello". They were more fun at that time of the day for me is all. I know it's not a perfect comparison, but if you want to hear a slower more instrument driven band then I'd highly suggest Other Lives over Keep Shelly. They have headliner written all over them in the future. Although they're on different days. So go see both.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeoley View Post
    Whoa chief calm down. Not really a Dragonette fan...only knew "Hello". They were more fun at that time of the day for me is all. I know it's not a perfect comparison, but if you want to hear a slower more instrument driven band then I'd highly suggest Other Lives over Keep Shelly. They have headliner written all over them in the future. Although they're on different days. So go see both.
    Well you've redeemed yourself - Other Lives was one of the best shows of the weekend. I'll even grudgingly admit that "Hello" is ear candy - a bit too sweet for my taste but no one could honestly say they hate it. As for Keep Shelly, they are far less experienced than Other Lives but have tremendous potential.