Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dre, Florence, Shadow, Modeselektor - Sunday night clusterfuck...

Default Re: Dre, Florence, Shadow, Modeselektor - Sunday night clusterfuck...

Wow, I haven't checked this thread since I made it; I thought it was going to get a lot of hate, like "Stop complaining!".

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that felt this way. I saw about 10 minutes of Florence, Shadow, and Modeselektor. I am a HUGE EDM fan and was thinking about skipping Florence, but it was my favorite out of the three.

I didn't want to miss ANY of Snoop Doggs/Dre's set so we left Florence like 20 minutes early for a decent spot. It was not nearly as crowded as I expected..

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

"It was not nearly as crowded as I expected"

I''m thinking that will be different this weekend.

No offense, but who gives a flying fucking about Florence. If you saw her in '10, you've seen everything she's got. The second album sounds the same. Big whoop.

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Wow, I haven't checked this thread since I made it; I thought it was going to get a lot of hate, like "Stop complaining!".

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that felt this way. I saw about 10 minutes of Florence, Shadow, and Modeselektor. I am a HUGE EDM fan and was thinking about skipping Florence, but it was my favorite out of the three.

I didn't want to miss ANY of Snoop Doggs/Dre's set so we left Florence like 20 minutes early for a decent spot. It was not nearly as crowded as I expected..
    Yea I left halfway through Dog Days and managed to get a pretty decent spy for Dre, me and my girl were insanely surprised on how close we ended up actually getting...

Missing Shadow - biggest regret. The laws of physice trumped my ability to be in 4 places at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonovan View Post
    Missing Shadow - biggest regret. The laws of physice trumped my ability to be in 4 places at once.
    The Shadow set was great, although I was really surprised that there was barely anyone there. The tent wasn't even close to half full. I'm also a little surprised that when he was talking about his new stuff, that we were all going to be hearing for the first time... then he broke in to Organ Donor, which seems pretty old to me.

I walked out on Modeselektor 5 minutes before Thom came out for Shadow. No Regrets !

Really bummed that I miss out on Shadow, but Modeselektor killed it. I wish I would've stayed for their whole set tho, I left right before Thom came out. Left early for Dre/Snoop thinking I would get a good spot but I didn't. My mistake.

Modeselektor fucking killed it. The conflict made me mad but wasnt so terrible since shadow was playing in me home town two days after we got back from chella. This conflict, along with the SBTRKT vs Godspeed and The Weeknd vs Gotye conflicts made me wish i forked over the extra cash for a weekend 2 pass
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

ahhhhhhhhhhh SHADOW

Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds