Thread: Need help from our Brit friends please.

Default Need help from our Brit friends please.

Howdy all,
    I will be making a trip this Summer to Europe and will be visiting Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam and London. My time in London will we June 18-25 and I am very excited as I have always wanted to go.
    My question is this.
    I just received notification for tickets for a pre sale to an Arctic Monkeys concert at the Cardiff Arena. I am very stupid when it comes to locales and such so please help me out. Is this a venue that someone in london would go to to see a show or is it far away? I REALLY want to go to a show while in the UK as I hear that its a different more intense experience than a show here in the States. I contemplated Glastonbury but being this is my first time I didn't want to take an entire weekend of my trip for one thing...ill take a special trip in the future strictly for that event.

Thanks much for the help.
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

Default Re: Need help from our Brit friends please.

Are you being serious? I can't tell.

Anyway, Cardiff is in WALES. It's not even in the same country as London. You would need an entire day to get there, and then you would have to stay somewhere after the show, and then take the entire next day getting home. Totally not worth it. Put the ticket on ebay and look for London gigs on www.stargreen.com instead.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

sadly I was being totally serious....forgive my ignorance.
    I do appreciate you giving me some info to go on to check for shows.
    Luckily the pre sale isn't til Thursday so I havent gotten them.
    Thanks again for the info it is greatly appreciated!!!
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

Lurker

Cardiff is about 150 miles from London, straight down the M4 motorway (mind the toll bridge on the way there - 5.20) It is only about 2 and a half hours from London by train and (depending on last train times) you might be able to get back to London the same night, but it isn't something a lot of people would do. Seeing as Glastonbury is the weekend after the Cardiff shows (and the Monkeys are headlining one of the nights) they will probably work as their Glastonbury warm-up gigs - might be some good support bands. The Cardiff Arena isn't the best place to see bands (it's not a concert hall, just an all purpose indoor event venue) and is quite large (I'd estimate 7,500 people - maybe more). I've seen Oasis, Radiohead and Duran Duran there - avoid balcony tickets if you can - standing is best.