Thread: ATT reception?

Default ATT reception?

does anybody know if the ATT signal is actually any good out there? Just wondering if txting to meet up with our group is a shit idea or an actual logical one.

Default Re: ATT reception?

Quote Originally Posted by cdrahos View Post
    does anybody know if the ATT signal is actually any good out there? Just wondering if txting to meet up with our group is a shit idea or an actual logical one.
    hit or miss mostly miss, time stamp your txts because they may show up hrs late.

"meet at 8pm by the do lab (4:45)" is the ideal festival text, location, time and time sent.

^^^ That's a good idea. We had shit luck with texts in the past few years, but with actual calls we had better results. Best to set up meet times before splitting up.

Has anybody ever used Voxer? A few of my friends in our group have it, just wondering if it's any better/worse/no different than actual calls.

Last year ATT reception was good, this year they are supposedly having ATT Wifi.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

my friends and I all had at&t iPhones last year and we had in and out reception, mostly no reception.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

My phone was great until around 8-9pm, then I couldn't get any data and texts rarely went through. I'm hoping that the promise of wifi will fix some of this.
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

i used an oldschool phone(you know the ones where you charge at the beginning of the month and dont have to worry about it till the end of the month) where i had amazing service, im guessing it was the phone............. i still regret getting an iphone

any att smartphone can easily be put on 2g mode since everyone at the festival will be hoggin the 3g and 4g networks.
    there should be a setting on your phone that makes you change it.
    i activated it and i can send fast texts but NO DATA. just calls and texts.
    GOODLUCK EVERYONE.

2010 was a nightmare with AT&T with texts showing up hours later. Last year though I had zero problems with texts and calls, maybe my phone had the force?

I had 2010-like reception Weekend 1. Everyone in my group had problems but I was hours behind everyone else starting at sunset. Couldn't connect to the ATT wifi either. Phone was pretty much useless for me. Kind of nice but inconvenient at times.

Useless for me weekend 1.

i couldn't even get reception within 10 miles of the festival, or internet obviously for some time out of the festival

I had decent reception up until about 5 or 6 in the evening. From then on it was hard to get anything.

I never had a problem except on Sunday night. I couldn't not get a call to go out, other than that it was fine all weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by helicoptergoes View Post
    any att smartphone can easily be put on 2g mode since everyone at the festival will be hoggin the 3g and 4g networks.
    there should be a setting on your phone that makes you change it.
    i activated it and i can send fast texts but NO DATA. just calls and texts.
    GOODLUCK EVERYONE.
    This was smart. I saved a ton of battery by disabling data mode. Texting usually went through within a few minutes, longest wait was around 20 min with just a few texts that were never received over the whole 3 days. Near the main and outdoor stages after 6pm I frequently had to re-send messages after they failed. In other words, it was about the same as last year. I also had a hard time getting on 3G for data, especially on the night shuttle, until we hit highway 111.
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

I got good reception for most of the weekend except near the main stage at night. If you NEED to send a text that won't go through or get online and you can still CALL someone, you can call time and temperature on your phone, run the phone call in the background, and send the text or get on the internet. Because the call boosts the cell signal, it allows for texts and the internet to go through better than if you were just sending a text or checking the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people