Thread: A little help, would be sorely appreciated.

Default A little help, would be sorely appreciated.

Hello all.

I'm Alex, 20, etc i hail from southern england, London to be precise and like every other intelligent music fan, i am still tryin to comprehend that RAGE AGAINST THE F'N MACHINE are playing coachella. So when i finished doing back flips around my student dorm, i sat and thought how the hell i was goin to get to the coachella festival. I have priced up a flight and hotel for 4 nights in Ontario, CA. i was wondering if someone could really help me with this venture, i dont know how near Ontario is to Indio, so could someone give me some sort of directions, recomendations, websites etc that would be help me with finding a hotel nearest Indio, or how i get from Ontario to Indio. I also found that i can get a ticket from Ticketmaster.com for $86 for the sunday. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated. thank u.

Alex

Default Re: A little help, would be sorely appreciated.

Hey we're in a similar situation to Alex.

My name's Graeme and me and a mate are from Inverness in Scotland, we're wanting to go.

Is LAX the best place to fly to?

Do the tickets ship worldwide, we can use ticketmaster.com? Or should we pick them up from the venue?

Ontario is too far to stay. Find a place in Palm Springs, Palm Desert etc. Indio is all but sold out. And we stay in PD each year for the last 6, and the drive doesn't suck all that much. Honest. There are some sneaky routes in to avoid some of the traffic. LAX is probably the cheapest route, you could try Ontario airport too- but staying there would be hellish. Plus the ride back every night could be brutal!

You can probably find a group coming up to the desert to carpool with from LAX if you time it right and prepare in advance! Good luck and see you in 3 months!
    -----------
    Fabulist Releasing 5/2007
    modern man is ultra quick

best bet would be to camp there it is only $45 or so for the entire weekend. Also if you are coming from that far it might be worth getting the three day pass and enjoying the entire fest. i beilieve that will be about $250. Ontirio would be a long way to go every night.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinPhila View Post
    best bet would be to camp there it is only $45 or so for the entire weekend. Also if you are coming from that far it might be worth getting the three day pass and enjoying the entire fest. i beilieve that will be about $250. Ontirio would be a long way to go every night.
    I second that. Camp if at all possible. Esp. if you are coming from far away.

They joy of being able to stumble out of the festival at 12:00am every night and being only 80 metres (!) from a place to crash more than makes up for the lack of a mattress or jacuzzi.

So i assume, stayin in palm springs, flying thru LAX is the best bet. I would love to stay on the campsite, i did it at Reading Festival and was OK. However, I cant find anyone who is even on par as me for exictement about the prospect of seeing RAGE live. plus, no-one i know has that sort of money to blow on a trip to Cali (Thank god for my student loan). So im gonna be on my own, hence my resverations about stayin on the campsite.

I'm from the north of england but I have the pretty much same plan. I'm going to try and get the three day pass with camping and just finding some cool people to camp with. I'm a bit worried about flight times - I don't know how long it takes to get from the camp on the last day to the airport again, and I'm guessing there will be alot of traffic.

IF you don't mind me asking, what flights have your been looking at ? And how expensive ?

Thanks, Sheri.

Traffic on monday morning when you leave will not be tough leaving the campsite since the only cars left will be the ones in the camping parking lot. If you fly into Los Angeles International it will only be a 2 hour drive back over there from Indio. Plenty or airports around so search......

Ive just been looking on expedia for hotel/flight combi, then looked cheap-flights.co.uk or whatever it's called, go to google and type 'cheap flights to california/La' exactly what i did. the more i think about it, the more i want to go, but also the more i realise that without camping i am fucked and sooooooo dont wanna camp.

I've posted in a couple of other threads, but it's probably worthwhile mentioning it here aswell.

For the folks flying from Britain, the cheapest flights I've found are through www.travelsupermarket.com or www.opodo.co.uk

From Edinburgh, it's 328 with a connecting flight in Atlanta. It's worth pointing out though I can only afford a Sunday ticket, so I'm flying out Saturday and flying back on Monday, although it'll be Tuesday by the time I get back to Edinburgh.

If anyone finds any good deals, posting links wouls be much appreciated.