Thread: Shower time + what to wear?

Talking Shower time + what to wear?

I'm a newbie, so some of you experienced coachella-ers - help me out!

As far as showering goes, im assuming itll be packed. I'm pretty good at waking early, plus i have bad insomnia so i could get up at 6:45 am to shower, but are there already lines. (im female btw, im sure itll be more packed) Whats the best time to go?
    Is there a sort of changing/locker room with outlets +mirrors so i could charge my phone, fix my hair, get ready etc.

someone mentioned something about paying for better showers? is it worth it?

AND FINALLY

What to wear? Especially since its going to rain during the evening on friday? Is it super cold out during the nights in indio?
    In most photos I see chicks in bikini tops or some pasties and what looks like dental floss, I'd like to try to do something classier but still weather friendly, without necessarily looking like i got into a fight with a highlighter/came back from edc.

Thanks yall.

Default Re: Shower time + what to wear?

Just wear something comfortable that you won't get hot in but definitely have a jacket to grab back at the camp ground. Last Friday night I got really cold and it kind of made the night not as enjoyable. But shorts and a tank or a dress is pretty typical clothing for ladies. Unless you're there just for the Sahara tent.

Each shower has a private little changing area. The sinks/mirrors are outside and get GROSS by the second day because people clean dishes in them and it gets clogged up. I would suggest showering and changing at the showers and then going back to your campsite and doing makeup and hair in your car or another mirror. There is a place in the campgrounds to go charge your phone but it gets really packed so i would go there early OR bring a strip with you. If you are at the showers at 6:45 you will be fine. That is around the time i went there last year and there wasn't a line. In the early morning the guys shower line can sometimes be longer than the girls.

seriously though do not shower barefoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by alyssaf12 View Post
    Just wear something comfortable that you won't get hot in but definitely have a jacket to grab back at the camp ground. Last Friday night I got really cold and it kind of made the night not as enjoyable. But shorts and a tank or a dress is pretty typical clothing for ladies. Unless you're there just for the Sahara tent.
    The Sahara Tent last year was THE BOMB! AWESOME!!!!

Yes, I did get cold at night ...but I had a super light sweater to go over my skimpy outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    Each shower has a private little changing area. The sinks/mirrors are outside and get GROSS by the second day because people clean dishes in them and it gets clogged up. I would suggest showering and changing at the showers and then going back to your campsite and doing makeup and hair in your car or another mirror. There is a place in the campgrounds to go charge your phone but it gets really packed so i would go there early OR bring a strip with you. If you are at the showers at 6:45 you will be fine. That is around the time i went there last year and there wasn't a line. In the early morning the guys shower line can sometimes be longer than the girls.
    WHY is that? Why is the guy's line longer? Are they jerking off? or jerking each other off???

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    washing dishes? REALLY? that is disgusting ugh, the imagery is giving me the heebie jeebies. Thanks.

A strip to plug into that one plug?

I wanted to know so i could fix my hair (yes this is so incredibly vain i cant believe im saying this) but any female with curls knows that the weather does vicious things to our hair. if i bring a hot tool i was hoping i could plug it in somewhere and tidy up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by alyssaf12 View Post
    Cool! I think I'm going to go with a tank dress one of the days. Not sure what im going to wear when it rains. i was going to do some combat boots but as for the rest, im not sure.

Is this the first year its rained at coachella?

Also HOW TO SNEAK IN WATER??

Usually in the middle of the day there aren't long lines, same with during a headliner. So if there's someone you don't care about missing, that'd be when I'd suggest.

It does get chilly at night. Nothing a light thin jacket won't help (though who knows this year).

The charging station is not affiliated with the showers, so it's a separate trip.

Quote Originally Posted by sashareneep View Post
    Also HOW TO SNEAK IN WATER??
    You can bring water to camp. If you mean the front gate, just bring an empty bottle. You can fill it inside for free.

Quote Originally Posted by KCsunny View Post
    WHY is that? Why is the guy's line longer? Are they jerking off? or jerking each other off???
    it isn't. the girls' line is not only longer but insanely slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by KCsunny View Post
    Thats Hot. I hope there is some sort of tapping code I could use.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    You can bring water to camp. If you mean the front gate, just bring an empty bottle. You can fill it inside for free.
    Thanks!

also i heard somehting about a girl being raped last year. is that true??

Thanks!

also i heard somehting about a girl being raped last year. is that true??
    She got drunk had sex with a guy and then regretted it and told people she got raped.

trakball

but anyways. Anybody ever try the VIP showers? $10 is totally worth a private, hot shower to me.

tell me more about this vip private shower
    Quote Originally Posted by trakball View Post
    but anyways. Anybody ever try the VIP showers? $10 is totally worth a private, hot shower to me.

DO you not get a private shower normally?

washing dishes? REALLY? that is disgusting ugh, the imagery is giving me the heebie jeebies. Thanks.

A strip to plug into that one plug?

I wanted to know so i could fix my hair (yes this is so incredibly vain i cant believe im saying this) but any female with curls knows that the weather does vicious things to our hair. if i bring a hot tool i was hoping i could plug it in somewhere and tidy up a bit.
    forget about a hot tool unless you pay for VIP showers

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    it isn't. the girls' line is not only longer but insanely slower.
    not true. it depends on what times you went.

Last year I didn't even find the VIP showers until late Saturday night. I heard they weren't set up until late.

I also heard a lot of girls were using the blow dryer/hair tool plugs as phone chargers so they could get cute, be in A/C, and charge their phones. Not going to lie, I'm contemplating it this year.

Plugging a straightener or blow dryer into the phone charging area is ok? Ya, I might do this too...I don't wanna be walking around with a giant afro all weekend.

agree! i asked about this too and i dont think anyones answered yet

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    Last year I didn't even find the VIP showers until late Saturday night. I heard they weren't set up until late.

I also heard a lot of girls were using the blow dryer/hair tool plugs as phone chargers so they could get cute, be in A/C, and charge their phones. Not going to lie, I'm contemplating it this year.

I'm going to look into the vip shower thing if theres plugs in those. As girly as it may sound I dont want to look like a total wreck this weekend.

I'm trying to figure out how this vip shower thing works... you pay there and they let you in? also do they give you a map upon entering so i could find this place... and has anyone done this vip shower nonsense

"BACK FOR 2012! VIP SHOWERS
    Get clean in style! Four locations this year, one in each camping area. Only $10 per shower! HOURS: Fri - Sun 7am - 2pm & 8pm - 2am. **Shower necessities also sold inside shower areas for your convenience** Located in Lots 5, 7, 8 & 10"

Lurker

seriuosly tho... VIP showers! lets talk

Yeah how do the free showers work? Is it communal or are there individual stalls and what not?
    And are the free showers a certain temperature (hot/cold)?

And for VIP showers, is there a time limit?

Will there be free bathrooms/showers? ADA accessible? Private?

Yes, there will free bathrooms and free showers available. Separate M/F trailers (with individual privacy) and there will be handicap accessible facilities for both as well.

What hours can you use the showers? Are They Free? Where are they located?

YES FREE LOCATED IN EACH OF THE CAMPGROUNDS
    Shower hours are 8am - 2 pm and 8pm to 2 AM
    There will be a limited amount of showers running 24 hrs a day in the Lot 10 Shower Pod.
    There are hot and cold water taps you can adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    They were using the plugs as phone chargers, even in the non-VIP sink showers. It was fucking annoying because they used all of the working plugs up (whether or not they were there to use the showers/sink), leaving it to charge for at least 30-60 min and I get a dirty look for asking to use one to un-frizz my hair for less than 2 minutes. Damn bitches.

Okay. So waking up early in the morning for showers is good. What about at the end of the festival, how are the showers from 12am-2am? When's the best time in that window to shower?

1:16 am