Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Culture Collide Festival 2012

Default Re: Culture Collide Festival 2012

Haha, oh shit I did too! I kept saying to myself "Did I really buy tickets to this without remembering?"

EDIT - it would figure that the person I wanted to see most (Talabot) isn't playing the (free) block party.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

))<>((

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    i got an order confirmation email for the tickets from last year. they gotta get that handled
    Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    Haha, oh shit I did too! I kept saying to myself "Did I really buy tickets to this without remembering?"

EDIT - it would figure that the person I wanted to see most (Talabot) isn't playing the (free) block party.
    It's just a cheap way to email market. Reaching out to customers who've bought in the past. There should be a better way to distinguish it via the email subject line, but ticketweb being owned by ticketmaster makes me think their customer service/marketing team is probably shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    10/21 Superhumanoids - 10/23 IAMX@Glass House - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Beach Goth@Observatory - 10/26 IAMX@Complex - 10/27 Tycho/Com Truise@Glass House - 10/28 Bear Hands@Roxy - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda - 11/3 Galantis/Booka Shade@Mayan - 11/8 Digitalism@El Rey - 11/14 DFA1979@Regent - 11/15 The Presets@Regent

keep an eye out for a talabot afterparty (rhonda)

WOW Talabot was AMAZING last night. American Royalty killed it as well. This is already an awesome festival!

I was a little disappointed by Talabot last night. Wrong venue for him, I think. Perhaps I'm overly bothered by people talking (shouting, really) through the whole set. Only a few people dancing. Friends tell me that venue is normally like that? It just didn't have the energy that his set at decibel had.

Wish I was able to stick around for the rest of the festival, there is some stuff tonight I'd love to see.

Icona Pop was mindblowing
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

Icona Pop and Gold Fields were so much fun, especially the Born Slippy cover. Hope the singer of Gold Fields didn't hurt himself when he fell. Wish Niki & The Dove didn't start 30 minutes late on Saturday, but that extended dance jam version of The Drummer totally made up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    10/21 Superhumanoids - 10/23 IAMX@Glass House - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Beach Goth@Observatory - 10/26 IAMX@Complex - 10/27 Tycho/Com Truise@Glass House - 10/28 Bear Hands@Roxy - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda - 11/3 Galantis/Booka Shade@Mayan - 11/8 Digitalism@El Rey - 11/14 DFA1979@Regent - 11/15 The Presets@Regent

Gold Fields were the best of the fest for me. Icona Pop was awesome too. I thought Of Montreal sucked, but whatever. Great weekend (and relatively cheap).

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I was a little disappointed by Talabot last night. Wrong venue for him, I think. Perhaps I'm overly bothered by people talking (shouting, really) through the whole set. Only a few people dancing. Friends tell me that venue is normally like that?.

THIS THIS THIS. Actually the Echoplex is even worse for this. Biggest, loudest PA in town so people have to YELL back and forth at each other even louder.

This is what's really starting to sour me on live music.

The past few years I have been noticing fewer and fewer people going to shows, music mattering less to the population at large. Then I go to a show and realize even half the people there don't care either. They just want to brag on Twitter and Facebook, "Hey look where I am."

And I can't even go see quiet bands anymore unless it's someplace like the Largo with rules of conduct strictly enforced. This is hard to do though because it's the jibber jabbers who are drinking the most.

This years festival was great though.

yeah icona pop was awesome. glad i went before florence

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I was a little disappointed by Talabot last night. Wrong venue for him, I think. Perhaps I'm overly bothered by people talking (shouting, really) through the whole set. Only a few people dancing. Friends tell me that venue is normally like that? It just didn't have the energy that his set at decibel had.

Wish I was able to stick around for the rest of the festival, there is some stuff tonight I'd love to see.
    Sounds like my experience with Lindstrom during last year's edition - I was on the rail and there was this girl next to me who was looking at her phone for the ENTIRE set, and the rest of the crowd seemed equally disinterested.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Anyone see Admiral Fallow?