Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Festival pet peeves

Default Re: Festival pet peeves

I'm 6'4" so I feel kinda bad for people behind me, but sometimes people talk shit behind me as if I can't hear them, so I make sure to stand right in there way

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    You're not really the problem individually. I think it just blows to start dancing and realize that everyone around you is basically petrified. Another annoyance are people who just seem to travel through the crowd, just staring at the faces in the crowd, not dancing, I think they are just narcs but even shows outside of festivals I see random awkward men who are just searching the crowd.
    haha. all of this
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

only one pet peeve; This always happens when I'm enjoying some Southern California Kush at Coachella......"Hey...Hey, can I get a hit off of that? It smells so good."
    FUCK NO!!! I don't give a shit if your a hot bitch or not...I don't care if your friendly about it. If you realy want to smoke weed, then bring your own. I hate weed scavangers!!! Also, people who hate weed smoke. It's a fuckin festival! weed smoke is just part of the experience. GET OVER IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    But yeah, if you're 5'10 > then you're just going to have to deal with the fact that you will never have a good view, and I'm not moving for you.
    Since you're probably the person who ends up standing in front of me every year, I'll be sure to burn you. Have a nice day

will my oversized cowboy hat block you?
    F U Ticketbastard

OH, and the dancing thing. I'll be sure to make a complete ass of myself when The Rapture plays Whoo Alright Yeah Uh Huh! I've even partially choreographed some pieces. YEssssssssssss

Spider man masks and chicken hats

Quote Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420 View Post
    only one pet peeve; This always happens when I'm enjoying some Southern California Kush at Coachella......"Hey...Hey, can I get a hit off of that? It smells so good."
    FUCK NO!!! I don't give a shit if your a hot bitch or not...I don't care if your friendly about it. If you realy want to smoke weed, then bring your own. I hate weed scavangers!!! Also, people who hate weed smoke. It's a fuckin festival! weed smoke is just part of the experience. GET OVER IT!
    You're the most unfriendliest smoker ever aren't you?

I bring enough weed to share. I don't mind sharing a bowl or two or a couple of tokes with my fellow Coachella attendees.

You don't have to be Grandfather Christmas and smoke everyone out. But come on, especially if it's a hot girl. Just like... tell them you'll smoke them out if they can touch their elbows together. Have fun with it.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

I bring enough weed to share. I don't mind sharing a bowl or two or a couple of tokes with my fellow Coachella attendees.

You don't have to be Grandfather Christmas and smoke everyone out. But come on, especially if it's a hot girl. Just like... tell them you'll smoke them out if they can touch their elbows together. Have fun with it.
    It's not that I'm not friendly.....I just don't love them ho's. The ONLY thing I'll share with a bitch is the back of my hand. G's up, ho's down. Always keeping it 100% real. Just cause a bitch got some tits and ass, don't entitle her to some free weed, or ANYTHING for that matter. That's the problem with guys now a days...too busy trying to impress these bitches, when you should be trying to get their money.

so youll share bud but you wont move for shorter people... i think your morals are skewed buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

-when I'm at a pact stage and there are smelly campers
    -people who link hands and walk around cutting you off with their long line
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

that one guy that talks on his cell phone during the whole set about how epic it is and everyone he saw (david gayda and kasturd)
    eat sleep dab repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Hayleymoo View Post
    -people who link hands and walk around cutting you off with their long line
    THIS. In 2010 during Gorillaz a line of (I am not shitting you) 20-25 people linked by hands and elbows just scooting up to the front, not saying "excuse me", not being generous, seriously just shoving me and everyone around me. It was the worst. I gave them a "Hey, watch it!", a dirty look, and a couple shoves back.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    You're like a freedom fighter, but for pointless shit.
    COACHELLA 2013 - Rick James

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Those "noise parade" dbags got their asses beat in 2010 (?) I believe.
    No they didn't. They got stopped right outside my campsite, and then dispursed about 40 minutes later when enough security showed up to move in on them. No one got beat, or kick out of the festival. I you don't like parades, don't camp.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

People who screw the caps back on their water bottles before dropping them on the ground. #TwistedAnkleChella
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

People who drop water bottles on the ground.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    You're not really the problem individually. I think it just blows to start dancing and realize that everyone around you is basically petrified. Another annoyance are people who just seem to travel through the crowd, just staring at the faces in the crowd, not dancing, I think they are just narcs but even shows outside of festivals I see random awkward men who are just searching the crowd.
    Either narcs or pedophiles
    2012w1
    2013w1

Quote Originally Posted by Booduhpest View Post
    i actually like seeing people rolling balls its really funny...
    and then they start touching each other ever so gently
    C'mon, finish the story. What happens next?
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

Quote Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420 View Post
    It's not that I'm not friendly.....I just don't love them ho's. The ONLY thing I'll share with a bitch is the back of my hand. G's up, ho's down. Always keeping it 100% real. Just cause a bitch got some tits and ass, don't entitle her to some free weed, or ANYTHING for that matter. That's the problem with guys now a days...too busy trying to impress these bitches, when you should be trying to get their money.
    i like this
    2012w1
    2013w1

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar's Cousin View Post
    People who drop water bottles on the ground.
    This, fucking hate littering anywhere. It's the worst at festivals
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    so youll share bud but you wont move for shorter people... i think your morals are skewed buddy
    Sharing my stash will not move me further from my spot.

No, you're just a short person and have to learnt o deal with your stature.

I won't move for anyone, period. Unless you're 6 feet tall, you will not get a better view in front of me. And if you're 6 feet tall I'm not letting you stand in front of me either.

If I move to let you by, I'm still blocking at least 3-4 people behind me, so moving for one is pointless.

Get taller, wear platforms, or just deal with it.

The people who refill their water bottles and then decide to just stand around the fucking station while they contemplate their lives. Creates a huge crowd of people you have to maneuver through when in reality there are only six people actually using the faucets.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

people that expect every staff member or guard to know where everything is. there is no way to educate 5K + staff on where everything is. I been working every year and I barely know where stuff is.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by Ray del Mundo View Post
    C'mon, finish the story. What happens next?
    I'm not sure but AIDS NEEDLES probably factor in there somewhere.

Sharing my stash will not move me further from my spot.

No, you're just a short person and have to learnt o deal with your stature.

I won't move for anyone, period. Unless you're 6 feet tall, you will not get a better view in front of me. And if you're 6 feet tall I'm not letting you stand in front of me either.

If I move to let you by, I'm still blocking at least 3-4 people behind me, so moving for one is pointless.

Get taller, wear platforms, or just deal with it.

why dont you learn to deal with your stature you fucking douche!
    its much easier for you to kneel or stand to the side than it is for me or anyone else to randomly have platform shoes available or to grow a foot taller..

learn you are ruining the experience of others who are less fortunate even though they spent the same amount of money as you. people like you wont learn until yao fucking ming stands firmly in front of them.

but its ok ill just punch you in the kidney repeatedly until you fall to your knees and cough up blood. then i will step over you and claim my spot. taller guys tend to be lanky pussies, especially at hipster events such as chella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Maybe give the gate security guards a list of what is/isn't allowed?
    Last year a female security guard checking my bag made me throw away my hand sanitizer because she said liquids aren't allowed.
    Strangely enough that (2nd) day was the most amount of DSLRs I've ever seen snuck into the fest...

Quote Originally Posted by kimbico View Post
    THIS. In 2010 during Gorillaz a line of (I am not shitting you) 20-25 people linked by hands and elbows just scooting up to the front, not saying "excuse me", not being generous, seriously just shoving me and everyone around me. It was the worst. I gave them a "Hey, watch it!", a dirty look, and a couple shoves back.
    I may play human dominoes this year and trip the last person in the line. I hate that shit, too. It's rude and disrespectful. Rude and disrespectful people are the only peeves I have about the festival.

why dont you learn to deal with your stature you fucking douche!
    its much easier for you to kneel or stand to the side than it is for me or anyone else to randomly have platform shoes available or to grow a foot taller..

learn you are ruining the experience of others who are less fortunate even though they spent the same amount of money as you. people like you wont learn until yao fucking ming stands firmly in front of them.

but its ok ill just punch you in the kidney repeatedly until you fall to your knees and cough up blood. then i will step over you and claim my spot. taller guys tend to be lanky pussies, especially at hipster events such as chella.
    rofl typical short runt whining.

Yeah I'm going to kneel and obstruct my view, so someone else can see... not gonna happen. Also you try kneeling for a while set LOL

And you expect ME to be aware of the people behind me and where I stand? Get a fucking clue.

If you're unfortunate enough to be a runt, deal with it and move to another spot.

Also lol internet tough guy.

• People who talk during a set
    • People who won't dance and sing along when the moment screams for it
    • Cigarette smokers that know their shit stinks, so they turn around and blow the smoke behind them, and then flick ashes into people's eyes.
    • Being profiled as someone that "must have 'rolls'" because apparently everyone that's not 13 and lily white is only attending as a drug dealer.
    • People who who show up late and shove up front. Almost always sweaty, shirtless aggro bros.
    • "Can I get in front of you? Sure, you've been here all day, but I want to take crappy videos of the set."
    • Crackers dressed as Native Americans
    • Hearing Sublime while wandering around the campgrounds
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale