Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Festival pet peeves

Default Re: Festival pet peeves

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Ros Stache View Post
    just a lack of common courtesy for me, a simple excuse me goes miles for me.
    This is so true. Whenever I am trying to move through a crowd, I'll gently squeeze someone on their shoulder or place my hand on their back and apologetically say "excuse me" and 99.9% of the time they will move aside with a smile to let me through.

There is absolutely no need to bump, push or shove.

Yep, if I don't get an "excuse me" or a "sorry" I usually give them a shove or make it EXTREMELY HARD for them to get past me.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    place my hand on their back and apologetically say "excuse me" and 99.9% of the time they will move aside with a smile to let me through.

There is absolutely no need to bump, push or shove.
    Since I'm kind of short, there have been many times I accidentally missed the back and got the butt. They moved aside quite quickly.
    I also laugh when I'm about to get the back and they turn around unexpectedly. I don't recall ever doing a dick tap, though.

Yeah.

My technique is to make it less like a tapping on their shoulder and more like a gentle caress. I think this helps to establish friendliness on some subconscious level.

However, on the other had, it could just be that they move out of the way because they want the weirdo stranger to stop molesting them.

I kind of enjoy the smell of cloves as well.

My pet peeve is tall people who come to a stage mid-set and decide to stand right in front of me.
    My bad I'm 6'4" and I always feel guilty standing in front of people at events like these. Fortunately, I tend to look behind me every once in a while and if I see a group of people who average a height of let's say, 5'3", I definitely let 'em stand in front of me.

Pro tip: Just ask the tall dude(s) in front of you if they can move forward, and you'll most likely get through

I am the opposite of PLUR.

I want you to die in your tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    At Nocturnal a few years ago, this guy asked me if I wanted a light show.
    I said "sure."
    I let him do his thing for a while, and when he asked me if it helped my roll, I told him that I was sober.
    He wasn't too happy about that.
    I lol'd
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    I hate people who stand literally 2 inches in front me and post up like They didnt just completely invade my personal space barrier
    Dude, this so much. It's as if they don't realize that their back is now actually in my mouth.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Forming a shirtless man-chain with all the other Phi Delts, and trying to push your way through a packed main stage crowd halfway through a set.
    This times a million.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Cloves smell good. I hate cigs
    Yeah. In general I'd prefer people not smoke at all since I don't want to breathe that shit in, but if they're gonna smoke, I'd prefer cloves since the smell is way less offensive than regular cigarette smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by poddan View Post
    My bad I'm 6'4" and I always feel guilty standing in front of people at events like these. Fortunately, I tend to look behind me every once in a while and if I see a group of people who average a height of let's say, 5'3", I definitely let 'em stand in front of me.

Pro tip: Just ask the tall dude(s) in front of you if they can move forward, and you'll most likely get through
    I'm actually a little taller than you, and my biggest pet peeve is when fucking little people bitch. If I'm in front of you move to the fucking side...

Smoke kush or breathe air....ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    I'm actually a little taller than you, and my biggest pet peeve is when fucking little people bitch. If I'm in front of you move to the fucking side...
    True true, I'm all for giving up a little space if the people are nice about it, but at the slightest hint of rudeness and sass, I flex my shoulders, straighten my back and really make sure they can't see over me

this goes for any live show: people gossiping BS during a set. i would not mind so much at a TOOL show, but if i hear you louder than the sounds from the stage, please have the courtesy to lower your volume.
    this is the reason i avoided the hollywood bowl. drunk jackasses talking shit while beck play with a full orchestra.
    that and chains of 20 people forcing their way through a crowd. yeah, i know it's general admission, and i've done it too. BUT i'm by myself, i'm 5'4", i tap the person on the shoulder smile and say "excuse me, please" and 95% of the time they smile and move a couple inches.
    oh yeah, and B.O. showers & deoderant, people. is it that hard?!?
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Quote Originally Posted by poddan View Post
    True true, I'm all for giving up a little space if the people are nice about it, but at the slightest hint of rudeness and sass, I flex my shoulders, straighten my back and really make sure they can't see over me
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Exactly.
    Cheers. I'll be seeing all you lovely average height festival goers soon!

People who dont pay attention to their crap (purses, back packs) when in a close crowd. Just because you have room to get through the window between me and the next guy doesn't mean that your giant boho bag does. Fringe hurts when you whip my bare legs with it.

And generally people insisting on squeezing their asses into areas where there is clearly no more room for them.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Being stuck behind a bunch of obnoxious Scottish bears.

friends who text constantly when you're separated and then don't respond when they miss a previously agreed upon meet-up.

nothing kills my heart more than offbeat clapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Forming a shirtless man-chain with all the other Phi Delts, and trying to push your way through a packed main stage crowd halfway through a set.
    This.
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

this ones really specific
    last year during odd future, people standing on the barracades between VIP and GA, blocking the view for so many people...

Teenagers
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

My pet peeve is tall people who come to a stage mid-set and decide to stand right in front of me.
    Couldn't tell you how many people do this to me. I don't wave these people down to stand in front of me but more often than not, I get some bro who's 6'2" who doesn't dance and stands smack dab in front of me. Massive failure bro

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    I hate people who stand literally 2 inches in front me and post up like They didnt just completely invade my personal space barrier

Also fat sweaty people who sway into people

Clusters of young girls who do nothing but yap And talk about some other band while occupying valuable dancing space
    And this.
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

The people who will be talking during Godspeed's set.
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

The ultra hip hipsters standing there with a blank stare on their face arms crossed refusing to dance, smile, or otherwise atleast look like they are having a good time. Fuckin loosen up people. Damn.

I have only seen this at Coachella...Kids sitting on the ground in the middle of the "pit" (not really a pit but that area)...I don't know wtf these kids were doing but I will seriously kick anyone doing this if I see it again. This was during the set. So annoying.
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

People who try to guilt trip me into selling them one of my spliffs, when they could just ask and I'd happily share
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    The ultra hip hipsters standing there with a blank stare on their face arms crossed refusing to dance, smile, or otherwise atleast look like they are having a good time. Fuckin loosen up people. Damn.
    I think this is just a stereotype. I've seen plenty of hipsters dancing and having fun at Coachella. I've also see non-hipsters just sitting there and not moving to the music.

Lurker

Thumbs up Re: Festival pet peeves

I dislike cig smoke forsure. I do not mind pot or cloves.