Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 254

Thread: Festival pet peeves

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,362

    Default Festival pet peeves

    Name them so others don't do them.

    -Start National Anthem chants
    -Smell like B.O.
    -Keep a car running all night
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  2. #2
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Walking through my campsite drunk off your ass, tripping over my stuff and spilling beer everywhere without saying "sorry."

  3. #3
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    -Rolling balls and touching too much
    -drama
    -chain smoking
    -duck sauce
    -skrillex
    -cloves
    -vics
    -tutu
    -wings

  4. #4

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    -cloves

  5. #5
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    How do people not get their asses kicked.

    Any drunk stumbles into my campsite they will leave on their ass.

  6. #6
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Interrupting my dancing to ask if I know where to find drugs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    How do people not get their asses kicked.

    Any drunk stumbles into my campsite they will leave on their ass.
    I wouldn't mind so much if they said sorry. I'm usually in good spirits at Coachella.
    One year, dude spilled beer all over me and just kept walking.

  7. #7
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,629

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    How do people not get their asses kicked.
    Those "noise parade" dbags got their asses beat in 2010 (?) I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  8. #8
    Member JoeCthulhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SE PHX Metro
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Those "noise parade" dbags got their asses beat in 2010 (?) I believe.
    No they didn't. They got stopped right outside my campsite, and then dispursed about 40 minutes later when enough security showed up to move in on them. No one got beat, or kick out of the festival. I you don't like parades, don't camp.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

    Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Forming a shirtless man-chain with all the other Phi Delts, and trying to push your way through a packed main stage crowd halfway through a set.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Forming a shirtless man-chain with all the other Phi Delts, and trying to push your way through a packed main stage crowd halfway through a set.
    This.
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), and hopefully every one after

    "I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

  11. #11
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,940

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Forming a shirtless man-chain with all the other Phi Delts, and trying to push your way through a packed main stage crowd halfway through a set.
    this is the one right here. Any kind of pushing chain, really. I will break bones.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  12. #12
    Member iammrcandyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    949

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    creepers

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,362

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    I laugh when people stumble and roll balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,362

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Cloves smell good. I hate cigs
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  15. #15

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Forming a shirtless man-chain with all the other Phi Delts, and trying to push your way through a packed main stage crowd halfway through a set.
    This times a million.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Cloves smell good. I hate cigs
    Yeah. In general I'd prefer people not smoke at all since I don't want to breathe that shit in, but if they're gonna smoke, I'd prefer cloves since the smell is way less offensive than regular cigarette smoke.

  16. #16
    trakball
    Guest

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Last time I was at Coachella, I was "lucky" enough to camp next door to a Bush loving Marine who went on and on and on all night about how proud he was to be an American. And when he got tired of that, around, oh, 4AM, he proceeded to have sloppy sex with his slag of a girlfriend. Thankfully, that did not last long.

    I also had a drunk guy fall into our tent, but he apologized and passed a jazz cigarette my way, so it was cool. The beef was saved for lo mein.

  17. #17
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,946

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    I kind of enjoy the smell of cloves as well.

    My pet peeve is tall people who come to a stage mid-set and decide to stand right in front of me.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I kind of enjoy the smell of cloves as well.

    My pet peeve is tall people who come to a stage mid-set and decide to stand right in front of me.
    My bad I'm 6'4" and I always feel guilty standing in front of people at events like these. Fortunately, I tend to look behind me every once in a while and if I see a group of people who average a height of let's say, 5'3", I definitely let 'em stand in front of me.

    Pro tip: Just ask the tall dude(s) in front of you if they can move forward, and you'll most likely get through

  19. #19
    Member Riggins33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by poddan View Post
    My bad I'm 6'4" and I always feel guilty standing in front of people at events like these. Fortunately, I tend to look behind me every once in a while and if I see a group of people who average a height of let's say, 5'3", I definitely let 'em stand in front of me.

    Pro tip: Just ask the tall dude(s) in front of you if they can move forward, and you'll most likely get through
    I'm actually a little taller than you, and my biggest pet peeve is when fucking little people bitch. If I'm in front of you move to the fucking side...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    I'm actually a little taller than you, and my biggest pet peeve is when fucking little people bitch. If I'm in front of you move to the fucking side...
    True true, I'm all for giving up a little space if the people are nice about it, but at the slightest hint of rudeness and sass, I flex my shoulders, straighten my back and really make sure they can't see over me

  21. #21
    Member Riggins33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by poddan View Post
    True true, I'm all for giving up a little space if the people are nice about it, but at the slightest hint of rudeness and sass, I flex my shoulders, straighten my back and really make sure they can't see over me
    Exactly.

  22. #22
    Member Originalbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    676

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    My pet peeve is tall people who come to a stage mid-set and decide to stand right in front of me.
    Couldn't tell you how many people do this to me. I don't wave these people down to stand in front of me but more often than not, I get some bro who's 6'2" who doesn't dance and stands smack dab in front of me. Massive failure bro

  23. #23

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    - Chanting "woot woot" when they find a beat appropiate to do so during a song(I wanted to go postal on everyone at Beyond Wonderland for doing this).
    Other than the obvious shoving up to front during mid-set or not apologizing for abrupt actions or blowing smoke blatantly in my face that is all I got.

  24. #24
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,629

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by spewshemano View Post
    - Chanting "woot woot" when they find a beat appropiate to do so during a song(I wanted to go postal on everyone at Beyond Wonderland for doing this).
    Haha, I thought people only did this when "Warp" was dropped. Or is that "woop woop?" I'm so out of touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  25. #25

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Haha, I thought people only did this when "Warp" was dropped. Or is that "woop woop?" I'm so out of touch.
    You may be right. I'm not too familair with what djs drop these days. I had only gone to see John Digweed. Nontheless, the chants got to me more than I should have let them.

  26. #26
    Member SpicyLobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    The drunk person that yells "Festiiiiivvvvvaaaallll" over and over early in the morning at camp.

  27. #27
    Member Sigur Ros Stache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    537

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    just a lack of common courtesy for me, a simple excuse me goes miles for me.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

  28. #28
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,946

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Ros Stache View Post
    just a lack of common courtesy for me, a simple excuse me goes miles for me.
    This is so true. Whenever I am trying to move through a crowd, I'll gently squeeze someone on their shoulder or place my hand on their back and apologetically say "excuse me" and 99.9% of the time they will move aside with a smile to let me through.

    There is absolutely no need to bump, push or shove.

  29. #29
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    place my hand on their back and apologetically say "excuse me" and 99.9% of the time they will move aside with a smile to let me through.

    There is absolutely no need to bump, push or shove.
    Since I'm kind of short, there have been many times I accidentally missed the back and got the butt. They moved aside quite quickly.
    I also laugh when I'm about to get the back and they turn around unexpectedly. I don't recall ever doing a dick tap, though.

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: Festival pet peeves

    I hate people who stand literally 2 inches in front me and post up like They didnt just completely invade my personal space barrier

    Also fat sweaty people who sway into people

    Clusters of young girls who do nothing but yap And talk about some other band while occupying valuable dancing space

Similar Threads

  1. pet peeves thread
    By amyzzz in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 607
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 11:57 AM
  2. What are your pet peeves?
    By cubrocker in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 203
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 07:17 AM
  3. TV/Movie pet peeves
    By chairmenmeow47 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 06:58 PM
  4. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 04:29 PM
  5. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 11:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •