Thread: Car camping pass/registering wristband.

Angry Car camping pass/registering wristband.

If one person bought a first weekend ticket for them self and did me a solid while waiting on line and bought mine. Why could we not get 2 camping passes under one name... Seem a little bit of an annoyance to me since I am not longer going/camping with this person and I need my own car camping pass. That I thought I originally paid for..

Any thoughts on if all these rules/registration bs is dumb?

Can you even buy someones ticket if they already registered it?

Thanks

Default Re: Car camping pass/registering wristband.

They did it to prevent scalping. Not sure if you went last year or not, but car camping sold out insanely fast and at the end of the day it was obvious that scalpers picked up most of them and were reselling them for ridiculous mark ups.

Sucks that it negatively affects certain groups like you, but it's way better than people having to pay hundreds for an $85 pass.

As far as registering the wristband, I'm 100% positive you can buy it but you're gonna want to switch the registration to your account. The registering doesn't do anything except get you the chance to win stuff and the ability to link it to your facebook account and "check in" at certain places around the fest (this is new this year though, so we'll have to see if there's more to it once we all get there).

Default Re: Car camping pass/registering wristband.

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    They did it to prevent scalping. Not sure if you went last year or not, but car camping sold out insanely fast and at the end of the day it was obvious that scalpers picked up most of them and were reselling them for ridiculous mark ups.

Sucks that it negatively affects certain groups like you, but it's way better than people having to pay hundreds for an $85 pass.

As far as registering the wristband, I'm 100% positive you can buy it but you're gonna want to switch the registration to your account. The registering doesn't do anything except get you the chance to win stuff and the ability to link it to your facebook account and "check in" at certain places around the fest (this is new this year though, so we'll have to see if there's more to it once we all get there).
    Great info. Thanks. I did go last year but had car camping. This year was a fluke because me and my ex only got 1 car pass when she ordered both 1st week for her and I. Also the info on all of this was very vague to me since I reached these forums coachella/frontgate weren't very clean on everything.

Luckily I got a friend that didn't have one and bought one under their name just need them on the call with their CC info to purchase.

Thanks again.

PS happy coachella