Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Children of Men

Default Children of Men

comes out on DVD tomorrow. let's make it a runaway hit.

who's with me?

Default Re: Children of Men

meh
    television on the radio? or is there a band called television

I am.It pisses me off that they are giving away a major plot point in the commercials for it,though.And why wasn't Clive Owen nominated for the wonderful performance he gives in this?Has he ever been nominated for an Oscar?Closer?Croupier?
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

If you're drunk and you look at his name in sans serif font that's too small for your weary eyes it looks like his name is Olive.

I was planning on buying it, but then I read some websites with crap about the release, and they're saying it's an hd-dvd, and it's like 30 bucks. That doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by UnicornsForBreakfast View Post
    I was planning on buying it, but then I read some websites with crap about the release, and they're saying it's an hd-dvd, and it's like 30 bucks. That doesn't work for me.
    Um, there are Blu-ray, HD-DVD and regular DVD releases for just about every major film now-a-days. The two high def formats are usually at least $25 bucks, while reg DVDs average about $15-20 bucks

There is another option with this film where the HD-DVD is a combo disc (playing both in reg. DVD players and HD-DVD players), this is not needed if you want a normal DVD.

DVD - 17.99
    HD-DVD - 26.99

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m/...&Go.y=11&Go=Go
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 03-26-2007 at 09:13 PM.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

On another note - should I buy it?
    The Glitter Freeze

Hey C-Dub, how's cowtown?

not so cowtown these days - pretty decent actually. Hell, Morrissey's even stopping by.

Everyone is moving to North to Delaware county - its crazy - the news today said its the 5th fastest growing county in the country, I believe it. C bus is cool - we like our new smoking bans and fancy shopping, we get good shows for little cash-ola thanks to OSU. The Zoo is doing mega expanding.... let's see, everyone is still Buckeye crazy, now its just B-ball, people are stopping to go see the Blue Jackets lose. We got a ton of new chain restaurants, lots of new bars downtown, oh and downtown is loft/condo central. Used Kids is still the place to buy records, the Wexner Center kicks major ass.

For me, its a nice job market and a nice family raising city.

Also another useless fact for you:
    Columbus has more movie screens, per capita, than any other city in the US.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 03-26-2007 at 09:38 PM.
    The Glitter Freeze

I'm gonna buy it.
    lollipops and crisps

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    On another note - should I buy it?

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    Um, there are Blu-ray, HD-DVD and regular DVD releases for just about every major film now-a-days. The two high def formats are usually at least $25 bucks, while reg DVDs average about $15-20 bucks

There is another option with this film where the HD-DVD is a combo disc (playing both in reg. DVD players and HD-DVD players), this is not needed if you want a normal DVD.

DVD - 17.99
    HD-DVD - 26.99

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m/...&Go.y=11&Go=Go
    Is it just me, or does it seem a bit excessive to have like 3-4 formats for each film?

Everyone is moving to North to Delaware county - its crazy - the news today said its the 5th fastest growing county in the country, I believe it. C bus is cool - we like our new smoking bans and fancy shopping, we get good shows for little cash-ola thanks to OSU. The Zoo is doing mega expanding.... let's see, everyone is still Buckeye crazy, now its just B-ball, people are stopping to go see the Blue Jackets lose. We got a ton of new chain restaurants, lots of new bars downtown, oh and downtown is loft/condo central. Used Kids is still the place to buy records, the Wexner Center kicks major ass.
    You break my heart that you never remember me. I just moved from Columbus in February, I was born there and went to OSU and lived there for ten years. I just wanted some home stories. The No-Del thing is getting crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by full.on.idle View Post
    You break my heart that you never remember me. I just moved from Columbus in February, I was born there and went to OSU and lived there for ten years. I just wanted some home stories. The No-Del thing is getting crazy.
    i remember you.

where did you move?
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by UnicornsForBreakfast View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem a bit excessive to have like 3-4 formats for each film?
    very much so.

but the companies making the tech aren't complaining - yet
    The Glitter Freeze

I bought this on DVD three days ago. I'm confused.

I think the Kmart in my town is filled with people who can't read the date that something is supposed to be put on a shelf. usually that means that things are put out really late, but sometimes stuff like this happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I got Talkie Walkie three days before it was supposed to come out due to the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I will buy in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

i will buy it, also NIN's new album year zero on 4/17. the film and this album have the same themes, set in future 15 years, 2022. apocalytpic view, very very interesting.
    let's go for a long ride
    i'll show you places you won't ever want to leave

Thanks for reminding me, mob! I want to try and get it cheap today. Anyone know who has the best deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    I am.It pisses me off that they are giving away a major plot point in the commercials for it,though.And why wasn't Clive Owen nominated for the wonderful performance he gives in this?Has he ever been nominated for an Oscar?Closer?Croupier?
    He was nominated for and favored to win Best Supporting Actor for Closer a few years back but lost to Morgan Freeman for Million Dollar Baby, which of course was a sympathy award...it sucks but he has many years ahead of him, one of my favorite actors right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    He was nominated for and favored to win Best Supporting Actor for Closer a few years back but lost to Morgan Freeman for Million Dollar Baby, which of course was a sympathy award...it sucks but he has many years ahead of him, one of my favorite actors right now.
    They stopped giving out sympathy awards when Lauren Bacall got owned by a twenty-something actress(forgot her name) years ago.

I bought the Children of Men DVD this morning. (along with Klaxons and Kaisers cd's)

Best Buy had it for $17.99

Oh and the Kaisers is $9.99 with 3 exclusive BB tracks.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    They stopped giving out sympathy awards when Lauren Bacall got owned by a twenty-something actress(forgot her name) years ago.

Thats funny they gave one out just a few weeks ago to Alan Arkin for Little Miss Sunshine

Thats funny they gave one out just a few weeks ago to Alan Arkin for Little Miss Sunshine
    That was well-deserved, in my opinion.

Had Lawrence of Arabia won over Forest Whitaker, THAT would have been a sympathy award.

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    That was well-deserved, in my opinion.

Had Lawrence of Arabia won over Forest Whitaker, THAT would have been a sympathy award.
    Alan Arkin's 15-20 minutes of screen time being an angry grandfather that cusses every 3 seconds over Jackie Earle Haley's portrayal of a pedophile in Little Children...they were just recognizing Arkins 50 year film career rather than a good deserving performance, I guess it is not a sympathy award, more like a your old and don't have one, this is your last shot award.

Alan Arkin's 15-20 minutes of screen time being an angry grandfather that cusses every 3 seconds over Jackie Earle Haley's portrayal of a pedophile in Little Children...they were just recognizing Arkins 50 year film career rather than a good deserving performance, I guess it is not a sympathy award, more like a your old and don't have one, this is your last shot award.
    agreed.
    The Glitter Freeze

Didnt Arkin mention that? Something along the lines of "They only gave me this because I'll probably die before I get another chance"?

Edit...

Best supporting actor Alan Arkin (Little Miss Sunshine) kept it humble when making his victory remarks to the press backstage. "I think it's because of my age," he grinned. "Everybody thinks I'm going to keel over in a year or two, [so they] give me a little bonus."

When asked to compare his Oscar nomination for Sunshine with his previous nominations, Arkin said: "I'm 72. I don't remember anything anymore, and I'm proud of it."

"Look, I don't keep score," Arkin shrugged. "It's not about furlongs. I feel in a sense like a hypocrite because I don't believe in competitions between art activities. I think it's insane. This is a fun kind of insanity, but who is to say who is better? I mean, who has the authority to say who is better?

"I felt for a long time that if 100 people say one person is a better actor and 50 people say somebody else is a better actor, why do the 100 people have the vote?" he added. "The 50 people may have been more deeply moved by another performance. What's the criteria? The criteria is very shadowy. I don't keep score. I mean, I'm happy to have this [Academy Award]. It's very nice, but I don't keep score."
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 03-27-2007 at 09:38 AM.

children of men was the best movie of last year, hands-down.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    children of men was the best movie of last year, hands-down.
    thank you. didn't quite think so at the time, but compared to everything else, it's clearly the best picture of the year. of last year, that is.