Thread: Alternative to car camping companion?

Lurker

Default Alternative to car camping companion?

It's my first Coachella, and first time car camping for everyone in my group, but we don't necessarily want to stay at our car camping spot the whole weekend. We have a condo about 15 minutes away from the campgrounds and would like to be able to go there one of the nights. Were planning on brining two cars out, one to leave at car camping and one to drive to the condo with. Only problem is I don't know where we could keep the car, car companion doesn't allow in/out privileges, and main lot tows. So does anyone know where would be closest/safest to the campgrounds that we could park our car? Messages boards have been REALLY helpful figuring out everything I need, so figured I'd try and ask here

Default Re: Alternative to car camping companion?

Quote Originally Posted by stev0949 View Post
    It's my first Coachella, and first time car camping for everyone in my group, but we don't necessarily want to stay at our car camping spot the whole weekend. We have a condo about 15 minutes away from the campgrounds and would like to be able to go there one of the nights. Were planning on brining two cars out, one to leave at car camping and one to drive to the condo with. Only problem is I don't know where we could keep the car, car companion doesn't allow in/out privileges, and main lot tows. So does anyone know where would be closest/safest to the campgrounds that we could park our car? Messages boards have been REALLY helpful figuring out everything I need, so figured I'd try and ask here
    So you can't park at the condo? I'm kinda confused. It sounds like someone is going to have to drive each night to the condo. Everyone should of just car camped instead.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Lurker

Yeah maybe I didn't explain that the best.
    we have two cars, one for car camping, one we need to find a parking spot for (near coachella) that will let us leave and come back, so if we decide to stay at the condo one night instead of car camp we can drive there

We were thinking car camp thursday night, go to the condo friday, then come back and car camp for sat and sun.

Uck, I didn't realize there are no in's & out's for companion passing... this really sucks for us too! I know people sell space on their property for you to park your car, that might be the best bet.

The people who sell spots on their land across from the venue have been denied by the city, since there is no foot traffic on both Jefferson and Monroe. It would look like some of your group will have to stay at the camp and the others can go back to the condo. That seems like the only real option at the moment, unless you want to give up either the condo or the camping.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

You could buy a second companion pass. Might be worth it if you're only going out/in once.
    Coachella '12 (w1)
    Atmosphere @ Red Rocks, Soundset '11
    Outside Lands '09
    Lollapalooza '08

Lurker

I would but you can only buy one companion pass per car camping spot

Honestly, it looks like you are going to have to split your group or someone is going to have to be the hero that drives the car from main parking back to the condo each day. I would just camp or condo the whole weekend if I were you. This just makes it complicated.

That or get a shuttle pass to said condo. Depending how far it is, have could bring and leave bike in camping and then have someone ride it too the condo and then shuttle everyone over. Either way it sounds more complicated than one or the other.

Lurker

Well now that I want to buy a car companion pass front gates phone is on permanent busy signal... pretty unprofessional to not have the staff able to handle the calls, but thats a different issue... does anyone know if car camping companion is linked to the car camping, like how the car camping is linked to the wristbands? If not is anyone selling?

Thank youu

I'm selling a car companion pass.

would you like to trade for a tent only spot? i need a car camping spot and have a tent spot. This would give you a campspot and allow you to have both cars at the condo. email me at tehota@gmail.com if interested.
    Originally Posted by travelfan
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.