Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This three day even is so WATERED DOWN ITS PATHETIC

Default This three day even is so WATERED DOWN ITS PATHETIC

ONe or two bands per day youd like to see and the rest are so pathetic , its pathetic.

SHOULD have stuck too a two day event....

AND THE HEADLINERS.. BJORK... headlined in the 90's yes?? anything new in the last 10 years??

RAGE AGINST THE MACHINE..... once again past prime artist. and every song sounds the same .......Rage against a machine thats the best place to be in the world america. YEA RAGE THAT,,, move to soviet union, irag or iran or th middle east and rage against their machines and see where it gets ya....

REDHOT CHILI PEPPERS.. probably the best band of the headliners but still youve seeen them a hundred times and been here already...... at least some un to date music, but once again weve seen them ine hundred times an d here before.

And to top it all the bands before them on their dates is so watered down its patheitc.

NO BiG
    BUCK for me this year.

EVERYONE i know has frowned on this years line-up.

what a waste.

Default Re: This three day even is so WATERED DOWN ITS PATHETIC

Your point has yet to sink in. Two more identical threads should do the trick.

its beyond laughable that you said the RHCP were the best band of the headliners

Bjork came out with two albums since the 90s. Vespertine and Medulla...and she's working on another one. What's wrong with you?

And the chili peppers are more past their prime than the Rolling Stones.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by depechemodekraftwerk View Post
    ONe or two bands per day youd like to see and the rest are so pathetic , its pathetic.

AND THE HEADLINERS.. BJORK... headlined in the 90's yes?? anything new in the last 10 years??

RAGE AGINST THE MACHINE..... once again past prime artist. and every song sounds the same .......Rage against a machine thats the best place to be in the world america. YEA RAGE THAT,,, move to soviet union, irag or iran or th middle east and rage against their machines and see where it gets ya....

REDHOT CHILI PEPPERS.. probably the best band of the headliners but still youve seeen them a hundred times and been here already...... at least some un to date music, but once again weve seen them ine hundred times an d here before.

And to top it all the bands before them on their dates is so watered down its patheitc.

NO BiG
    BUCK for me this year.

what a waste.
    you're a waste of a life, you suck. this lineup blows my mind so piss off.
    <3grey

what a waste.
    EVERYONE you know is obviously as musically blinkered as you. Fool.

Having gone to every Coachella - I must say I totally DISAGREE with you Depeche.

The Chili Peppers are a POOR choice for a headliner, though. Other than that and the strange inclusions of Jack's Mannequin, Nickelcreek and Fountain's of Wayne, the line-up is as solid as any other year.

I also think will we will see at least one more semi-big name added to the list. So, who knows.

One can not argue with Rage and Bjork headlining. Both have proven themselves very important and very influential over the past decade or so. Rage is not my typical cup of tea, but I've seen them live and knowing what I know, they put an amazing show on, Bjork is as equally amazing as she is artistic, the scope of those two artist alone is pretty drool-worthy.

The rest of the line-up is great.

You have your smaller buzz bands like CSS, Avett Bros., Fratellis, Girl Talk, Hot Chip, Tapes n Tapes, etc... You have a nice range of mid level acts (Ozomatli, Placebo, Kings of Leon, Travis, Sonic Youth, Kaiser Chiefs, Roots) and you have nice subheadliners as well (Interpol, Air, Tiesto, Willie, Decemberists, Manu Chao)

But the big sell here is proven LIVE acts. NO ONE can argue on how good ARCADE FIRE was in 2005, no one. Its nice to see them back. Faithless is an amazing live band as well, even if you don't fancy their music (go watch a youtube vid), LCD Soundsystem will blow you away off with energy and excitement, Spank Rock is some of the most entertaining MC stlyings you'll ever see or hear, Justice will mash it up like 2 many Dj's have done before in the Sahara, The Good The Bad The Queen will play like the supergroup they are (how can one argue wih Blur, The Verve and The Clash), Peaches will entertain and maybe even goose you a little.

I could go on and on. It seems that since David Gahan isn't there you are not happy, I feel you (hehe), but I think you are being a bit narrow minded.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

hey guess what, depeche mode headlined last year, and they're from the 80s! anything new in the past 25 years?? radiohead are also from the 90s! it doesn't matter what decade the band/musician is from if they're still making good music and are performing.

REDHOT CHILI PEPPERS.. probably the best band of the headliners
    = all credibility lost
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

go listen to the Shins hipster

...Rage against a machine thats the best place to be in the world america. YEA RAGE THAT,,, move to soviet union, irag or iran or th middle east and rage against their machines and see where it gets ya....
    Ahhh, I love the smell of myopic patriotism in the morning.

Default Re: so WATERED DOWN ITS PATHETIC

I couldn't agree w u more, depeche!
    I'm waitn for the sasquatch lineup!
    Bjork- cool but not even in the top 20 headliners out there.
    RHCP- awesome, and I agree probably best headliner on this poster.
    RAGE a t MACH- COME ON! sucky. They're over. And I'm over them. name 1 song they could play that we didn't hear in 99. This slot shuda been Beck or NIN or Flaming Lips!
    BUT MY BIGGEST BEEF IS:
    no NIN
    no Beck
    no Shins
    no Flaming Lips
    no Queens o t Stone Age
    no Hives
    no Theivery Corperation
    all of which were available to play!

not complainin' just sayin
    c u @ SASQUATCH FESTIVAL
    PS>>>> I give credit where credit is due: good job on- Arctic MOnkeys, Placebo,Willie NElson, Manu Chao,Rapture,Hot Chip and The good,bad&queen
    Last edited by FriskyDingo77; 01-23-2007 at 09:08 AM.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    Too bad hipsters don't like the Shins anymore.
    Portishead in 2007.
    I have attended every year.

Lurker

Default Re: so WATERED DOWN ITS PATHETIC

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo77 View Post
    BUT MY BIGGEST BEEF IS:
    no NIN
    no Beck
    no Shins
    no Flaming Lips
    no Queens o t Stone Age
    no Hives
    no Theivery Corperation
    all of which were available to play!
    Ummm, Flaming Lips, NIN, Beck have already headlined in the past three years. Coachella repeats headliners every five years+. Oh and Queens of the Stone Age are so f*cking boring same with the hives.
    Portishead in 2007.
    I have attended every year.

No Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, No ISIS, No Mastodon - boo hoo!

Dude, JAMC is on the lineup. No need for BRMC.

Default Re QOTSA boring?

Portishead is cool!
    but calln "queens of the stone age boring" wipes out all coolness and creditbility!
    ummmmmm, enjoy your overpriced festival.
    Zach Delaroca= smoka my cock!

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_138 View Post
    Too bad hipsters don't like the Shins anymore.
    haha

Seriously? Watered down? Then don't go. You won't be missed.

I love the people who complain that the lineup sucks yet they still end up going to Coachella anyways. If you don't like it, don't f*cking go. There are tons of festivals all over the States that have different bands and artists playing. None as diverse as Coachella and none as beautiful.

Add Underworld Please

NO BiG
    BUCK for me this year.

what a waste.
    The only thing that's a waste here is you. Weren't you the same douchebag saying that if it wasn't on the radio or YOU haven't heard of it they shouldn't be playing at coachella? Yeah, I think you were.

If you're too ignorant not to realize what an amazing line-up this is, then you should just stick to your Clear Channel Concerts and MTV sponsored events. Don't bother wasting the time of people who understand and appereciate good music that doesn't need massive label marketing efforts to prop up their average at BEST music.

zdlr:0

you bitches sayin that zack sucks! i could kill you! and you depeche mode lame ass 80;s afro freak! listen up! they have lived in other countries and yes have raged! zack went to chiapas and was revolutionary over there and raged against their machine and yeah, what happened? that right bitch a hero to me! and same goes for tom merello, he went to kenya, and yes raged! and the hwole band went to mexico during the whole movement of costs with tuition and what not and yes once again still a hero! and saying that their old and we heard all of thier songs in '99! your lucky i dont cut your throat! all of their songs are masterpieces, and yes they are better that NIN! and they are a million times better than depeche mode so suck it you pon face! now i am angry, but seeing them in concert will release my anger towards all you dip shits!

youre telling somebody who likes red hot chilli peppers to go listen to the shins? how does that make any sense? and youre calling him a hipster? do you know what any of those words mean?

Rage Against the Machine live are fucking insane, Bjork personality is gorgeous, RHCP, bleh... the line up is great. period.
    I remember the last year how emo kids and ballad lovers were worried about the moshpit with Tool, just wait to RATM...

Add Portishead, for christ sake.

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    youre telling somebody who likes red hot chilli peppers to go listen to the shins? how does that make any sense? and youre calling him a hipster? do you know what any of those words mean?
    Hi Chunk, welcome to the joke that's over your head.

Hi Chunk, welcome to the joke that's over your head.
    it must have been because you were so clear. everybody got it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zdlr:0 View Post
    you bitches sayin that zack sucks! i could kill you! and you depeche mode lame ass 80;s afro freak! listen up! they have lived in other countries and yes have raged! zack went to chiapas and was revolutionary over there and raged against their machine and yeah, what happened? that right bitch a hero to me! and same goes for tom merello, he went to kenya, and yes raged! and the hwole band went to mexico during the whole movement of costs with tuition and what not and yes once again still a hero! and saying that their old and we heard all of thier songs in '99! your lucky i dont cut your throat! all of their songs are masterpieces, and yes they are better that NIN! and they are a million times better than depeche mode so suck it you pon face! now i am angry, but seeing them in concert will release my anger towards all you dip shits!
    I'm starting to think that GV books bands like RATM and Tool just so they can have a laugh at their fans' posts on this board.

Do you want me to explain, because you'll have to ask in a way that isn't nasty.

Do you want me to explain, because you'll have to ask in a way that isn't nasty.
    shelf life over. be clearer next time. or suffer.

Keep up, and you won't be confused next time. If you don't get something, move along.