Thread: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

Default LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

After watching ticket prices on ebay for the last few days i've noticed a trend.

Tickets have started going for under 300 bucks... EVERYWHERE

And there are still 16 pages worth of tickets being sold just on ebay, 1k listings for weekend one on stubhub, 1.5k listings on stubhub for weekend two, 1k listings on craigslist from owners

and 5-12 days left before the concert

Discuss

Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

This is normal.
    Just trying to get a word in.

It's normal for the prices to go down a bit when it gets this close, but not under face value, and not with this many tickets still unsold

i hope they lose money and die.
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

This may actually dissuade so many from buying for next year.

My unscientific, anecdotal observation is that GV ticket policies have worked. There are tons of tix available on LA CL and even nearby markets like SD and LV. Of course there are twice as many tickets as in the past but the professional scalpers are taking a bath. Remember the good ole' days when Coachella never sold out or if they did, it was a week or two before? Those days are gone my friend.

With this many tix floating out there, you will have flakes, grandma died, etc, but the market is wide open for those that are patient and willing to negotiate. I've seen little to no scamming so far as opposed to other years, but I'm sure we'll see some as the festival opens.

But I will predict that Coachella '13 will sell more tix in the June presale and may actually sell out Weekend 1.

its gonna be all about weekend 1 for future chellas

old school

Another way to look at is Coachella 2012 is only worth a fraction of what Glastonbury(back when tickets were transferable) was worth on the secondary market in the lead up to the event.

That said, prices for W2(and lesser extent W1) could explode if the Snoop/Dre cameo rumours take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    its gonna be all about weekend 1 for future chellas
    qft. people are going to be all "awww" when all the fun shit is reported by the media and blogs for 7 straight days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

Tickets on ebay are going for between 250-280 on average now on ebay, and it seems like people refuse to pay too much more, because multiple tickets have gone for 300-320 without being bid on once. Seriously, if you have a friend that wants to go to coachella, now is the time to buy the ticket.

Got mine for $250

Nice! Where at? Ebay? A friend?

Some random person from LA

I guess it pays to procrastinate sometimes.

I guess so. Fuck layaway. Im getting more friends from LA

Unlikely it is scalpers getting burnt. There are usually a glut of tickets last minute as people back out for various reasons. The chances are any deals you are finding are mostly from regular folks recouping what they can for tickets.

Wait, weekend 2 isn't completely sold out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    Unlikely it is scalpers getting burnt. There are usually a glut of tickets last minute as people back out for various reasons. The chances are any deals you are finding are mostly from regular folks recouping what they can for tickets.
    Hmmm, if this is true, then it's because the scalpers have created a larger than usual supply of spare coachella tickets so it's their fault. But even then, that means while these poor unfortunate backer-outers are unloading their tickets for undervalue, the other 900 listings on ebay being sold by scalpers aren't even selling because they refuse to sell under face value. At least they're taking it harder than the backer-outers, god rest their backed out little souls

There was a guy at Rite-Aide Friday morning in Palm Springs trying to sell a wristband. He obviously didn't know anything about Coachella, other than he had a Coachella wristband to sell (still in a wrapper). He asked how much I paid for mine. Then he said he'd be willing to sell his for $400. I LOL'd and went into the store.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    There was a guy at Rite-Aide Friday morning in Palm Springs trying to sell a wristband. He obviously didn't know anything about Coachella, other than he had a Coachella wristband to sell (still in a wrapper). He asked how much I paid for mine. Then he said he'd be willing to sell his for $400. I LOL'd and went into the store.
    Why didn't you say something like 80 bucks?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaVet09 View Post
    Hmmm, if this is true, then it's because the scalpers have created a larger than usual supply of spare coachella tickets so it's their fault. But even then, that means while these poor unfortunate backer-outers are unloading their tickets for undervalue, the other 900 listings on ebay being sold by scalpers aren't even selling because they refuse to sell under face value. At least they're taking it harder than the backer-outers, god rest their backed out little souls
    There aren't 900 weekend tickets on ebay. there are 260 on ebay and 630 on Stubhub. But most of those on Stubhub are for shuttle passes. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    There aren't 900 weekend tickets on ebay. there are 260 on ebay and 630 on Stubhub. But most of those on Stubhub are for shuttle passes. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.
    You search coachella tickets on ebay you get 480 results now though granted now about half of those are shuttle passes. You search Coachella tickets on stubhub they have two sections, one for shuttle passes/camping passes/companion parking passes with 50 hits, and one for GA tickets with 1300 hits. 1300 is most likely overshooting it, because dealers are douches and repost shit all the time, but still there are a good 9 pages worth of owners selling anywhere from 1-32 tickets per listing so 630 might just be undershooting it. But don't let facts get in the way of being a fucking moron