Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

  1. #1
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    After watching ticket prices on ebay for the last few days i've noticed a trend.

    Tickets have started going for under 300 bucks... EVERYWHERE

    And there are still 16 pages worth of tickets being sold just on ebay, 1k listings for weekend one on stubhub, 1.5k listings on stubhub for weekend two, 1k listings on craigslist from owners

    and 5-12 days left before the concert

    Discuss

  2. #2
    Member Citizen Snips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Under the rainbow
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    This is normal.
    Just trying to get a word in.

  3. #3
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    It's normal for the prices to go down a bit when it gets this close, but not under face value, and not with this many tickets still unsold

  4. #4
    Member blueduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    i hope they lose money and die.
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

  5. #5

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    This may actually dissuade so many from buying for next year.

  6. #6

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    My unscientific, anecdotal observation is that GV ticket policies have worked. There are tons of tix available on LA CL and even nearby markets like SD and LV. Of course there are twice as many tickets as in the past but the professional scalpers are taking a bath. Remember the good ole' days when Coachella never sold out or if they did, it was a week or two before? Those days are gone my friend.

    With this many tix floating out there, you will have flakes, grandma died, etc, but the market is wide open for those that are patient and willing to negotiate. I've seen little to no scamming so far as opposed to other years, but I'm sure we'll see some as the festival opens.

    But I will predict that Coachella '13 will sell more tix in the June presale and may actually sell out Weekend 1.

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    its gonna be all about weekend 1 for future chellas

  8. #8
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,009

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Another way to look at is Coachella 2012 is only worth a fraction of what Glastonbury(back when tickets were transferable) was worth on the secondary market in the lead up to the event.

    That said, prices for W2(and lesser extent W1) could explode if the Snoop/Dre cameo rumours take hold.

  9. #9

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    its gonna be all about weekend 1 for future chellas
    qft. people are going to be all "awww" when all the fun shit is reported by the media and blogs for 7 straight days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

  10. #10
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Tickets on ebay are going for between 250-280 on average now on ebay, and it seems like people refuse to pay too much more, because multiple tickets have gone for 300-320 without being bid on once. Seriously, if you have a friend that wants to go to coachella, now is the time to buy the ticket.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Got mine for $250

  12. #12
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Nice! Where at? Ebay? A friend?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Some random person from LA

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    I guess it pays to procrastinate sometimes.

  15. #15
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    I guess so. Fuck layaway. Im getting more friends from LA

  16. #16
    Member tigermilkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    doha, qatar
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Unlikely it is scalpers getting burnt. There are usually a glut of tickets last minute as people back out for various reasons. The chances are any deals you are finding are mostly from regular folks recouping what they can for tickets.

  17. #17

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Wait, weekend 2 isn't completely sold out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

  18. #18
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    Unlikely it is scalpers getting burnt. There are usually a glut of tickets last minute as people back out for various reasons. The chances are any deals you are finding are mostly from regular folks recouping what they can for tickets.
    Hmmm, if this is true, then it's because the scalpers have created a larger than usual supply of spare coachella tickets so it's their fault. But even then, that means while these poor unfortunate backer-outers are unloading their tickets for undervalue, the other 900 listings on ebay being sold by scalpers aren't even selling because they refuse to sell under face value. At least they're taking it harder than the backer-outers, god rest their backed out little souls

  19. #19
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    There was a guy at Rite-Aide Friday morning in Palm Springs trying to sell a wristband. He obviously didn't know anything about Coachella, other than he had a Coachella wristband to sell (still in a wrapper). He asked how much I paid for mine. Then he said he'd be willing to sell his for $400. I LOL'd and went into the store.

  20. #20
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    There was a guy at Rite-Aide Friday morning in Palm Springs trying to sell a wristband. He obviously didn't know anything about Coachella, other than he had a Coachella wristband to sell (still in a wrapper). He asked how much I paid for mine. Then he said he'd be willing to sell his for $400. I LOL'd and went into the store.
    Why didn't you say something like 80 bucks?!?!?!?!

  21. #21
    Member tigermilkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    doha, qatar
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaVet09 View Post
    Hmmm, if this is true, then it's because the scalpers have created a larger than usual supply of spare coachella tickets so it's their fault. But even then, that means while these poor unfortunate backer-outers are unloading their tickets for undervalue, the other 900 listings on ebay being sold by scalpers aren't even selling because they refuse to sell under face value. At least they're taking it harder than the backer-outers, god rest their backed out little souls
    There aren't 900 weekend tickets on ebay. there are 260 on ebay and 630 on Stubhub. But most of those on Stubhub are for shuttle passes. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

  22. #22
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: LOL Scalpers gettin SCALPED

    Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    There aren't 900 weekend tickets on ebay. there are 260 on ebay and 630 on Stubhub. But most of those on Stubhub are for shuttle passes. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.
    You search coachella tickets on ebay you get 480 results now though granted now about half of those are shuttle passes. You search Coachella tickets on stubhub they have two sections, one for shuttle passes/camping passes/companion parking passes with 50 hits, and one for GA tickets with 1300 hits. 1300 is most likely overshooting it, because dealers are douches and repost shit all the time, but still there are a good 9 pages worth of owners selling anywhere from 1-32 tickets per listing so 630 might just be undershooting it. But don't let facts get in the way of being a fucking moron

Similar Threads

  1. are people actually buying scalped ticets?
    By mex_rocker in forum Questions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 05:47 PM
  2. NEW MUSIC TAXDAY (4/15) GETTIN ANYTHING?
    By C DUB YA in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 08:11 AM
  3. NEW MUSIC TUESDAY (2/26) GETTIN ANYTHING?
    By C DUB YA in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 05:50 AM
  4. Gettin Laid?
    By TwoToneTronBone in forum Past Experiences
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 02:55 PM
  5. NEW RELEASE DAY (3/27) SO, WHATCHA GETTIN?
    By C DUB YA in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •