Thread: won't you please, please help me

Default won't you please, please help me

hey guys and gals, i've just seen this beautiful lineup and i was wondering if you could help me with a few things as i'm seriously considering getting a plan together to get here!

1, where in california is it? like nearest airport and stuff? and is there many places nearby to hang out before and after the festival?

2, is drinking on the campsite watched over heavily? i'm 20 years old and i know it's a 21 legal age in the us..

3, what's the crowd like? i know it's probably varied but what are the majority of the audience like? young or old? dance or indie? that kinda thing..

cheers friends

x

Default Re: won't you please, please help me

oh i'm from london too, any other brits thinking of heading out?
    x

yeah im from london but im in pompey at the moment. u guys goin to coachella then, i found flights and hotel in Ontario, Ca for like 475. but i dunno how near that is to indio.

Lurker

Me and the missus will be going (fourth year running). The site is on the edge of Palm Springs and it's associated suburbs at the edge of the desert on a huge Polo field. There aren't a lot of places to hang out unless you're camping. Nearest direct airports from the UK are LA (2 hrs drive), Phoenix (4 hrs) and (at a push - 6-7 hrs) Las Vegas. Drinking inside the venue is strictly patrolled - you can only drink in designated beer areas which are fenced off and you need to show ID to get a wristband to get access - not sure about the campsite, we've always stayed in hotels/motels. It is a mixed crowd - probably similar to V in the UK rather than the younger crowd you get at Reading/Leeds. 5 stages and the dance fans tend to hang out at the dance tent with most of the other stages having a mainly indie crowd. Compared to UK festival sites it is very clean and weather is great. We love it!!!

So Mivsy, would u say fly into palm springs, and saty in a hotel thats near palm springs, if u could recommend somewhere that would be great. and how do u get from palm spirngs to the coachella site, is there a bus, train, taxi etc???

Lurker

We fly into Phoenix or LA then drive. Don't think there is any transport arranged for people to get to site so if you don't have your own transport the best bet is camping. There are plenty of hotels, etc in greater Palm Springs - probably better to stay in the suburbs of Indio or Coachella as the site is about 20 miles from central Palm Springs itself. You might struggle to find hotels soon at a reasonable price - they tend to get booked up in advance when people find out which weekend the festival is on and once tickets actually go on sale it goes crazy.

LAX - 2.25 hrs away
    Ontario - 2 hrs away
    Palm Springs - 25 minutes away
    San Diego - 2.50 hrs away
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011