Thread: San Francisco nightlife

Default San Francisco nightlife

There from Sunday-Thursday. First time in the US, from the UK. Any club nights you'd recommend? I like guitar music, girls and cheap beer. Staying in the Union Square area...

Default Re: San Francisco nightlife

san francisco has more of an electronic music scene than anything else but if thats not really your scene i would go to the mission it has more of that indie/rocker vibe with a lot of dive bars and such delirium is a favorite among just about everyone i know its on 16th and valencia and there are tons of bars around there that you can bar hop to.... oh and all of those bars are CASH ONLY... polk street is also pretty cool it has a really eclectic group of people (basically anyone goes) and my favorite there would be vertigo but Polk street is for sure a a saturday night thing..also cash only... hope that helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamwelting View Post
    have fun being lame, we'll be in the campgrounds getting all future freaky and shit.

Head out to mission area. The Bart station at 16th and mission is a terrible neighborhood, but the area near by is ok. Like blacklite said, delirium is fun and has no cover to get in. Elbo room on valencia is pretty cool too. All the bars in that area have that hipster/indie vibe. Oh and get a ghetto dog from the hot dog vendors on the street!

The Mission is not a terrible neighborhood by any stretch of the imagination; these people are fucking fools.

Not sure what Sunday - Thursday you're staying there, this one coming up? Go see Bear in Heaven at The Independent on Divisadero if you're in town Sunday evening.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Grant and Green Saloon located on...Grant and Green in North Beach has a live band on Wed. Not familiar with the band but usually the music is pretty fun. Lots of bars/restaurants down Grant street and the general North Beach area, some may have a cover band as well. http://www.jahlectrik.com/

If you do find yourself in that area, King of Thai Noodle has ridiculously cheap beer and food for SF. http://www.kingofthainoodlehouse.com/

As for girls, North Beach has lots of traffic as it's one of the more touristic places to go. Lots of strip clubs as well.

Might want to see if any bands are playing the SF area. Usually some good music somewhere, especially with a lot of Coachella bands going around CA the week between shows (not sure if that's the Sun-Thurs you are going to be in SF).
    When you say you like cheap beer? Do you mean brands or bars that are cheap? I find San Francisco, compared to a lot of other places, is expensive, but compared to most large CA cities, it's not too bad.

Nice on. Yeah, I'm en route now so any suggestions of bands to go and check out would be cool. Also, i'm on my own tonight so a concert would be ideal!

I lithe beer to be cheap in price, and not taste like piss!