Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New interview with Kaskade - Debuting new stage/lightshow at Coachella

Default New interview with Kaskade - Debuting new stage/lightshow at Coachella

Default Re: New interview with Kaskade - Debuting new stage/lightshow at Coachella

I think nothing of it because Kaskade blows now and I won't be seeing him.

Default Re: New interview with Kaskade - Debuting new stage/lightshow at Coachella

Kaskade is at Coachella?

I am going out on a limb but I think this set is actually going to turn out pretty decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm the number one Jedi.

lotta new stages being debuted next weekend. flylo avicii kaskade off the top of my head

morphing stage sounds interesting, I'll probably check it out

calling this as best "surprise" of the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

I remember when DJs just showed up with a crate of records. Now they all have their own stage/lighting and that's supposed to be what excites people. Part of the old school beauty was you'd hear one DJ, then another would step up and mix his first record into the last of the previous DJ and keep it going. Now you can pretty much predict what these guys will play. Heck, I know we're going to hear the same crap over and over. Current over/under on "Levels" is 15.

/hatehatehate

Coachella Junkie

Remember this piece of shit?

Yeah, me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by cured View Post
    I remember when DJs just showed up with a crate of records. Now they all have their own stage/lighting and that's supposed to be what excites people. Part of the old school beauty was you'd hear one DJ, then another would step up and mix his first record into the last of the previous DJ and keep it going. Now you can pretty much predict what these guys will play. Heck, I know we're going to hear the same crap over and over. Current over/under on "Levels" is 15.

/hatehatehate

Agreed. Take what you can get though. Im expecting a spectacle more than a dj set.

Also in the Hieni dome and such there are DJ's playing mp3's, controlled by wax spinning on a deck its this crazy new invention DJ's use so they can spin their whole library rather than a what they can physically carry.

edit: I was so fucked that I actually enjoyed the horrible projections that hardly lineup up with the hanging nets, and music wasn't THAT bad.
    Last edited by Monko762; 04-06-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    I'm the number one Jedi.

I'm not a huge kaskade fan but i'm betting this set is going to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Monko762 View Post
    Agreed. Take what you can get though. Im expecting a spectacle more than a dj set.

Also in the Hieni dome and such there are DJ's playing mp3's, controlled by wax spinning on a deck its this crazy new invention DJ's use so they can spin their whole library rather than a what they can physically carry.

edit: I was so fucked that I actually enjoyed the horrible projections that hardly lineup up with the hanging nets, and music wasn't THAT bad.
    Its called Serato.

CDJs were around back in the olden days, too (at least mine circa 1999) the medium itself is not what I'm harping at. Vinyl/CD isn't much of a debate. People can do wonderful things with Ableton but the mainstream acts just don't take chances and don't play a very big variety of edm, let alone a variety of different tracks. Kaskade was actually pretty fun to catch back in '05 when he was coming up ("Everything" was instrumental for his career that year). You're right, though, it's spectacle. Perhaps I'm just a little taken aback because from the first Coachella to this one, it seems GV has made something of the festival that the implied mission statement of the first festival wasn't (and contrast what happened at Woodstock 1999 vs the Coachella 1999 -- GV seems to be drifting in the direction of the former).

I just wish there'd be a little more variety in what's being offered on the DJ side. Most of the edm acts are around on the circuit all the time. There aren't a whole lot of indie-type DJs, although there are a select few, that are offering something different than whoever plays before or after.

Lots of people will have fun at Kaskade, SHM, Avicii, Justice, etc, etc, I'm just a little bummed the edm lineup seems dominated by electro pop acts (I'm sorry..."house music").

Can't wait for Breakbot, though

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Remember this piece of shit?

Yeah, me neither.
    holy fuckballs this set was so god damn boring!!! I walked up to the "cube" to see what it was made of... just canvas held taut with PVC pipe. It looks like it was made by high school students in remedial art class. Amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    holy fuckballs this set was so god damn boring!!! I walked up to the "cube" to see what it was made of... just canvas held taut with PVC pipe. It looks like it was made by high school students in remedial art class. Amateur.
    Meh it was overhyped but still a good time was had. Hard to make a cube like that at home.

Quote Originally Posted by flowbee View Post
    Meh it was overhyped but still a good time was had. Hard to make a cube like that at home.

It was made from canvas, PVC pipe and fucking zip ties. It's easy as shit to make.

Kaskade was actually quite fun in the Sahara in 2010, but his 2012 Ultra set reminded me of a piece of smelly cheese.

Etienne De Crecy was a bit underwhelming in 2009, but he has killed every time I've seen him without the cube.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I am going out on a limb but I think this set is actually going to turn out pretty decent.

I'm going to have to agree. It's sad that I missed Kaskade 3 times when I actually liked him but even though I don't now (barring any major conflict) I'll definitely go check this new stage show out, it should be pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

Quote Originally Posted by cured View Post

/hatehatehate
    Go to Machinedrum in the Do Lab or Modeselektor and say that. Don't fucking loop every single new DJ into the SHM crowd. It's really naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Etienne De Crecy was a bit underwhelming in 2009, but he has killed every time I've seen him without the cube.
    Don't want to steer the thread off topic, but this is so true.

I refuse to attend a set this Coachella if the artist isnt debuting a new light setup
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    I refuse to attend a set this Coachella if the artist isnt debuting a new light setup
    If thats the case you're only seeing three to four acts this year buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    lotta new stages being debuted next weekend. flylo avicii kaskade off the top of my head
    add afrojack to that group. gotta feeling
    http://soundcloud.com/laflur

Monthly Promotional Mix Series now available

Last edited by SnatChella; 04-07-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Indie DJ...
    Check out ,
    - "Off The Wall" by Brodinski
    The shit is off the wall I love that track! Also, Vaski does a remix on pumped up kicks, is alrite, real sweet if you like dubstep!!
    Kaskade though, does any1 know if he will he drop I RemembeR?

Quote Originally Posted by mekanism View Post
    Its called Serato.
    OR TRAKTOR.

I'm guessing Kaskade will probably be using LIVE, by the wording of the interview.

GO COACHELLA! WOOT!
    I'm the number one Jedi.

"The New York Times recently called Kaskade the “new face of electronic dance music,” his own live show being a jaw-dropping spectacle that finds him performing in front of an 80-foot wide, three-story tall LED screen that blares images synched with the music, while strobe lights scan the crowd. "

3 story tall LED screen... wowzers.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGwenPlease View Post
    Go to Machinedrum in the Do Lab or Modeselektor and say that. Don't fucking loop every single new DJ into the SHM crowd. It's really naive.
    I didn't lump them all but it was a generality, especially towards the ones who make it a point to announce a new stage. I will lump them together. One of my all-time faves is playing in the Heineken dome lol

Did anyone see him at ID fest? The Youtube vids make it look fairly sick.

I saw his ID set in mountainview , It was an awesome time. Def going to be there for this set , don't miss out on an awesome show because its too mainstream.