Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading Passes - Lost in the mail

Default Trading Passes - Lost in the mail

So i have a really big problem here,

I swapped passes with someone via Mail, weekend 1 for weekend 2, and its been about 7 days and my tickets still haven't gotten to me, they have received my tickets though.

so lets say my tickets are lost in the mail, the person i traded with didnt put tracking, or insurance, or delivery confirmation (Shipped via USPS)

what would be the next step if they were lost. is there any way frontgate could de-activate the lost tickets and re-issue new tickets via willcall..ect.

or am i fucked. and what would you do .

Default Re: Trading Passes - Lost in the mail

Were the wristbands registered? They would need the code to deactivate it. I think you're screwed dude. Sorry for your loss.

GOOD NEWS

Unless you shipped your tickets to a PO box, you know where that lying fucker lives, go get that shit. It's in the mail??? yeah right.

You been had

OUCH

If it was me in your situation, although I would never agree with anyone to just "trade tickets via usps", I'd call Frontgate, give them your order confirmation number, give them the credit card it was purchased with, tell them the wristbands were stolen and see what the response is...otherwise. SOL

Last year my camping pass was stolen off my front porch. They deactivated it and sent me a new one. All they needed was the order number and probably credit card information. So you have two options. You can cancel your order and get a new wristband sent to you or pick it up at will call(because most likely you have been had and this person fucked you over). Or if you trust this person, have them call and cancel their order and set it up so you can pick it up at will call/have them send you a new one.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

A Drunk Poet and I traded passes using overnight through USPS without a hitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    OUCH

If it was me in your situation, although I would never agree with anyone to just "trade tickets via usps", I'd call Frontgate, give them your order confirmation number, give them the credit card it was purchased with, tell them the wristbands were stolen and see what the response is...otherwise. SOL
    What he said. Sorry man

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    OUCH

exactly what this dude said. also, don't tell the person who jacked you that you cancelled the tickets. fuck them.

i have this persons home address, and their order number, and we have mutual friends in common.

Let's go break that fuckers legs

lets assume that she did mail the passes, who is at fault here, she didn't do tracking or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    Last year my camping pass was stolen off my front porch. They deactivated it and sent me a new one. All they needed was the order number and probably credit card information. So you have two options. You can cancel your order and get a new wristband sent to you or pick it up at will call(because most likely you have been had and this person fucked you over). Or if you trust this person, have them call and cancel their order and set it up so you can pick it up at will call/have them send you a new one.
    If you don't expect getting screwed by this friend of a friend maybe you should try this. Why wouldn't they do this if they were legit?

honestly, i would call them right now and tell them if you don't receive your tickets by tomorrow that you are going to report them lost/stolen and they should act accordingly. worse comes to worse, you can't make the show but you can sell your tickets and recoup your money. otherwise you potentially might not be going and you are going to be out a lot of money. best case scenario, you both do this, and exchange the tickets in person if possible.

flip a fucking coin.

Edit - do what has been suggested above. Flip a coin and whistle in rejoice once you get your tickets at the box office, or now the formally "you fucked up somehow and still ended at our onsite box office for some reason"
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

i think ill try and do all of the above, my main concern was IF frontgate would be willing to de-activate the lost tickets in the mail, because if they don't .... i'll cross that bridge when i get to it.

thanks for all your help everyone

Quote Originally Posted by narora View Post
    i think ill try and do all of the above, my main concern was IF frontgate would be willing to de-activate the lost tickets in the mail, because if they don't .... i'll cross that bridge when i get to it.

thanks for all your help everyone
    I don't see why not. If you friend has the credit card, order number, etc etc. they are HUMANS working the event, not nazis. (ok maybe most the brain dead yellow shirts working the event). I'd even throw in that you'd pay a surcharge at the first hint of hesitation or to speak to a supervisor ASAP.
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Oh and let us know what the outcome is too. We all we learn.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Oh and let us know what the outcome is too. We all we learn.
    will do.

i will already tell you make sure your packaging has TRACKING
    Last edited by narora; 04-05-2012 at 11:50 PM.

so i have an update, the post man left a note on my door saying there wasn't enough postage on the letter, so i went today paid the balance and now i have my tickets.

so i guess the law of coachella is true, whoever wants to go shall go.

some tips for anyone else swapping by mail

- DONT
    - if you must ship by mail insure it, track it, get delivery confirmation, use fedex/ups
    - usps sucks

Glad to hear everything worked out. Glad the Coachella Gods worked everything out. It's another Easter miracle. haahaha.

- DONT
    - if you must ship by mail insure it, track it, get delivery confirmation, use fedex/ups
    - usps sucks
    I think pretty much everyone knew that already. BUT WE'RE HAPPY YOU DIDN'T GET FUCKED!

glad to see everything worked out for you. have fun!

Excellent! See you on the fields.

GPS, nice!

The person who mailed it to you is a dumb fuck.. If you're paying $350 for a pass and shipping it, it should be insured with a tracking number. Since they didn't pay enough postage, that obviously meant they just threw some stamps on and hoped for the best by throwing the letting into a mail box where the letter could easily have been stolen. Glad you got your wristbands, definitely get the details about the shipment next time and specify exactly how you want your shit mailed. Better to spend an extra $20 for shipping to guarantee your wristbands than spending $1 and by chance not getting them at all.

- DONT
    lol. Glad you didn't get screwed!

oh scariest part was it was 4 passes +shuttle , so 1500$ worth of passes

Mailing $1500 without tracking and not enough postage... You are so lucky!
    Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Wow, the person who mailed that is a complete fucking moron! So glad you got your passes!
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo