Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FARMERS' MARKET RETURNS TO COACHELLA!

Thumbs up FARMERS' MARKET RETURNS TO COACHELLA!

The Certified Farmers' Market is returning once again to the Coachella Campgrounds!
    *BOTH WEEKENDS!*

Hey everyone,

We're proud to announce that the Certified Farmers' Market is back at Coachella for 2012, and we'll be there both weekends! Over the past two festivals, we've been providing campers with the best options for fresh, organic, local food, coffee drinks and more, and we're happy to be back once again!

Hours and Location:

We're open each day of the festival from 7 AM to 2 PM

We're located directly inside the car campgrounds near the clubhouse. (We will provide more specific location info later)

Farms and Vendors:

Making their triumphant return, a favorite of campers, The Morning Star Ranch Farms and the infamous 'Hippie Bus' will be back serving their Organic Green Drink and Green Bars, keeping you energized and full of nutrients as you sweat-it-out beneath the Coachella Valley sun.

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice will again be available from our friends at Bautista Creek Local Produce as well as other delicious produce items.

Old Town Coffee Co. is back, and will be serving organic coffee, coffee drinks, smoothies, iced tea and other delights certain to perk you up in the morning and make the long walk to your stage of choice inside the festival less tiresome.

If you're new to the Market at the festival this year, you might be wondering, where is everyone getting that delicious organic Watermelon from? Jaime Farms, that's who. They'll also have a plethora of other fresh produce items like berries and veggies available!

L'Artisan Valley Baking Co. will have fresh baked muffins, croissants, pizzettas (portable mini pizzas) and more!

Since you'll be in the very heart of Americas date-land, Patos Dream Dates will be there with organic dates - a natural, energizing, delicious snack.

And last but certainly not least, T&D Farms returns with fresh apples, orange juice and other produce! And BONUS!! Fresh Orange Juice Ice Cream!!

Come visit us, and let us know if you have any questions by replying to this thread!
    Last edited by Justin Palodichuk; 04-09-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Default Re: FARMERS' MARKET RETURNS TO COACHELLA!

How much is a cup of coffee? Trying to decide if I want to buy & bring a plastic french press or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tharris View Post
    How much is a cup of coffee? Trying to decide if I want to buy & bring a plastic french press or not.
    I unfortunately don't know about pricing for anything being sold at the market yet, I do know however its organic coffee from a local business and you won't be able to find that anywhere else at the festival!
    Coachella Certified Farmers' Market 2014 - Weekends 1 & 2
    The only place at Coachella where you will find the best organic coffee drinks, freshest organic foods, baked goods, healthy snacks and the infamous GREEN DRINK!
    Conveniently located next to the Clubhouse in the Campgrounds, open Friday-Sunday 7am-2pm
    Brought to you by the people of the Certified Farmers' Markets of the Coachella Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Palodichuk View Post
    I unfortunately don't know about pricing for anything being sold at the market yet, I do know however its organic coffee from a local business and you won't be able to find that anywhere else at the festival!
    The prices are not officially approved yet, but it looks like $3 for a small drip coffee and 4 or 5 for a mocha. We will try to make our prices as reasonable as possible.

what everyone must realize is that this is not folgers thrown in water. We have the best coffee in the entire valley. Organic free trade coffee. Served by one of the best barristas you will find anywhere.

OTCC

Woohoo so happy to have coffee

Lurker

Will you be inside the festival or just campgrounds?

In 2010, I had oranges, cheese, and bread from the farmer's market for breakfast every day. And a cup of the fresh OJ. All very good.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

The organic green drink tasted like shit but I immediately felt pretty damn good and refreshed after so I will such another 1-2 down this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by OLD TOWN COFFEE View Post
    The prices are not officially approved yet, but it looks like $3 for a small drip coffee and 4 or 5 for a mocha. We will try to make our prices as reasonable as possible.

what everyone must realize is that this is not folgers thrown in water. We have the best coffee in the entire valley. Organic free trade coffee. Served by one of the best barristas you will find anywhere.

OTCC
    Do you guys roast your own free trade beans? What regional beans do you carry? Do you sell roasted coffee by the pound?

For drip, you doing just machine drip? (type of machine?) Or do you have pour-over option? Thanks, debating whether or not to bring my Hario V60 and a grinder, or just buy onsite.

omg people just buy the shit. support local business and eat/drink some great fresh and organic food.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Hey, hippie!! The pond water green drink was the bomb last year. I'm glad to see it will be back.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by amps421 View Post
    We will have a coffee cart only in the campground.

Quote Originally Posted by OtisRed View Post
    Do you guys roast your own free trade beans? What regional beans do you carry? Do you sell roasted coffee by the pound?

For drip, you doing just machine drip? (type of machine?) Or do you have pour-over option? Thanks, debating whether or not to bring my Hario V60 and a grinder, or just buy onsite.
    We do not roast our own beans. We have a third generation roaster we buy from. The beans come from all over south America. We may consider selling ground coffee but not likely. We use all Curtis coffee equipment...the RU-1000. As far as an espresso machine we use the Nuova Simonelli Aurelia...the machine used for the US Barista competitions.

OTCC

I bought some goat cheese from the market last year that was super delicious. I think it had chives in it.

Quote Originally Posted by amps421 View Post
    The Farmers' Market is located solely in the campgrounds, however, I believe Jaime Farms who sells watermelon and other produce will also be inside the festival somewhere. I don't know where.
    The only place at Coachella where you will find the best organic coffee drinks, freshest organic foods, baked goods, healthy snacks and the infamous GREEN DRINK!
    Conveniently located next to the Clubhouse in the Campgrounds, open Friday-Sunday 7am-2pm
    Brought to you by the people of the Certified Farmers' Markets of the Coachella Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    In 2010, I had oranges, cheese, and bread from the farmer's market for breakfast every day. And a cup of the fresh OJ. All very good.
    Glad you enjoyed it! Come visit us again this year!

The green drink works wonders on a hangover

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    omg people just buy the shit. support local business and eat/drink some great fresh and organic food.
    Well put! =D

Here are some pics from last year:
    (click the small image below)

coachellafmcollage.jpg

Green drink, berries, and fresh squeezed orange juice were the best in the mornings last year. Glad you guys are back. Are you going to be next to El Dorado again?

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Green drink, berries, and fresh squeezed orange juice were the best in the mornings last year. Glad you guys are back. Are you going to be next to El Dorado again?
    Yes we will! We're in the exact same place we were last year from what I've learned.

Sweet, definitely going to stop by.

Will there be peanuts!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Palodichuk View Post
    Yes we will! We're in the exact same place we were last year from what I've learned.
    This makes me happy. See you guys there!

Quote Originally Posted by Dro323 View Post
    Sweet, definitely going to stop by.

Will there be peanuts!?!
    I don't know about peanuts, but there will be dates!! I know it's not quite the same but if you've never had real coachella valley dates, you're in for a treat. They're ridiculous good.

Will there be hot water available for teas and oatmeal?

Quote Originally Posted by chickonmytip View Post
    Will there be hot water available for teas and oatmeal?
    The Farmers' Market doesn't sell water, ice or any other necessities of the like. We only sell what our farmers and vendors have to offer. You'll have to check with the Coachella/Campgrounds staff about anything else.

If you're camping, you should definitely bring tons of water with you, and I'm pretty sure you can bring propane/butane stoves or other appliances that could heat water.

We will be selling water and Coconut water in small bottles only. We will have small cups of ice for waters and seperate larger cups for a minimal price. It is possible to get cups of hot water from us also for a minimal price.

OTCC

Quote Originally Posted by OLD TOWN COFFEE View Post
    We do not roast our own beans. We have a third generation roaster we buy from. The beans come from all over south America. We may consider selling ground coffee but not likely. We use all Curtis coffee equipment...the RU-1000. As far as an espresso machine we use the Nuova Simonelli Aurelia...the machine used for the US Barista competitions.

OTCC
    Thanks for indulging me on the info! Great to hear a high quality Independant coffee shop is going to be there! I hate the chain store sludge, and would DEFINATELY rather support a local biz who has pride/expertise in what they do, and your prices seem VERY reasonable for free trade beans! I Look forward to patronizing your biz all 2nd weekend!

will anyone be selling date shakes this yr i suport local produce and have had the fresh oj and dates they hit the spot and cconut water is ammasing it is better then any spots drink btw will the coconut water be organic?thanks for being willing to ancer ?,s we have and for bringing thae farmers maket to us .

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    This was my breakfast every morning as well. Nothing better. Those berries!!!!