Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Zoo 2012 NYC

Default Re: Electric Zoo 2012 NYC

Going tomorrow, which seems like the best day of the three. Above & Beyond, Mat Zo, Dillon Francis, Gessafelstein, and Brodinski are my targets

Quote Originally Posted by tezman View Post
    I might go to this since I'll be in NYC that weekend. I'm killing myself since I missed Knife Party at EDCLV. But other than Knife Party and Boys Noize, nothing else excites me.
    Wow, you need to listen to some more music

Damn, looks like Brodinski dropped out or it might be Gessafelstein b2b Brodinski as one set. Lucky me since Araabmuzik is replacing his slot

Does anyone know of an after party/pool party worth attending in NYC this weekend? I was considering going to the Zoo either Saturday or Sunday to camp out at the Sunday School Grove, but I just can't afford to drop that kind of money for a single-day pass. The official after parties have booked the usual crap, so some legit party info would be much appreciated.

Everyone is going to the cocoon kickoff suday night.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

thanks for the suggestions, but I caved and ended up going to the Zoo on Saturday.

great day of music, unbelievably douchey/neon crowd but I managed to meet some really cool people in the Sunday School tent. Chris Liebing was the perfect choice to close the stage out and Sasha was just incredible. Props to Koze for spinning an all vinyl set too.

Went on Friday. Well-organized event, but doesn't anyone else agree that they should have art installations and other attractions. Not like it's necessarily a bad thing, but there is "too much grass." All that space could be put to use somehow.

Dillon Francis and Above & Beyond were my highlights. Second time seeing them and A&B just know how to put on a show.

Quote Originally Posted by captain 66 View Post
    Went on Friday. Well-organized event, but doesn't anyone else agree that they should have art installations and other attractions. Not like it's necessarily a bad thing, but there is "too much grass." All that space could be put to use somehow.

Dillon Francis and Above & Beyond were my highlights. Second time seeing them and A&B just know how to put on a show.
    Saturday and Sunday afternoons, there is no space to put to use; all of the grass is covered with people.

The thing that really impressed me, though, is how rarely I had to stand in line for anything. Despite the fact that it was wall to wall people and felt more crowded than Coachella ever does, lines were virtually nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by like it was 1989 View Post
    great day of music, unbelievably douchey/neon crowd
    i've never been shoved more, or seen more outright shoving, at a festival than at this one. :{

it was not cool watching 14 year olds with braces roll their faces off....too many douche bags who just couldnt control themselves while under the influence, girls who were underage walking around half naked and they wonder why guys can be pervs...other than the little kids and the nonsense it was amazing. now so sick from partying to hard over the weekend.
    great times

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    i've never been shoved more, or seen more outright shoving, at a festival than at this one. :{
    to me it looked like they weren't even looking in front of them and just looking at the stage as their moving forward...or looking back as their walking forward...i saw some young girl who clearly looked like she was rolling face who literally could not move her legs the right way! i've never been walked into so many times as well

***we did see some guy at the main stage with the purple wolf coachella shirt, we called it out and chanted "coaCHELLA!!" and gave him a high five (feel like seeing other coachella goers at other fests is kinda like a secret brotherhood kinda thing...gotta show the love)...i know the odds may be slim but wonder if that was you
    Last edited by bettycarolyn; 09-05-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Flew out for this fest and never doing that again. I must've looked like some drug kingpin because plain clothes cops were basically following us around most of the weekend and Saturday it got to a point where it was super annoying. Having 20 people stare at me while I go into my pocket to get my earplugs or pull out my schedule was just overkill.

Just to let everyone know, demf is 1/3 the price and about a billion times better than this event.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Quote Originally Posted by stacheRides View Post
    Flew out for this fest and never doing that again. I must've looked like some drug kingpin because plain clothes cops were basically following us around most of the weekend and Saturday it got to a point where it was super annoying. Having 20 people stare at me while I go into my pocket to get my earplugs or pull out my schedule was just overkill.
    saw a bunch of them...they were too noticeable...maybe because a majority of the crowed was just too stupid

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    Just to let everyone know, demf is 1/3 the price and about a billion times better than this event.
    damn too bad i didnt know about this before...def will keep an eye out for next year..thanks!

i just remembered!!! i saw some chick near the entrance, in front of the Sunday school groove stage pulling the "sandal guy from coachella" move!! at first i thought she was joking around and imitating that guy but she was genuine about it!! i know this only because her friend was helping her try to put the sandal back on but she still couldn't manage to get it back on!! i was on the look out for a friend coming in so i didn't make it in time to pull my phone out to record it!! oh man, priceless