Thread: CocoRosie!

Default CocoRosie!

So. Are there any other CocoRosie fans out there? Please tell me how they are live if you have seen them. I absolutely adore them and can't wait to see them live.
    Why buy over-priced, flavor-packed, sugar-filled drinks for your kids?

Because your kids are addicted to sugar water!

Default Re: CocoRosie!

I'm not a big fan, although I dig a song or two now and then. Saw them at Bumbershoot last year and thought it was pretty unimpressive.

Awwh.. Well, I'll hold out, I absolutely fell in love with Maison and Noah's Ark was just about as good. Hopefully they will play a set at dusk and I am already anticipating that the crowd won't be too large. Also hoping that The Adventures of Ghosthorse and Stillborn(new album) will be amazing.
    Why buy over-priced, flavor-packed, sugar-filled drinks for your kids?

Because your kids are addicted to sugar water!

the youtube videos I saw turned me off of them for awhile.

their albums are amazing though.

i love them...saw them live and completely enjoyed them.....this is one of the reasons i want to go to coachella to see them again....just wish they had a bigger fan base.

Isawthem at The Avalon.
    It was beautiful

Cocorosie is one of the best live proformance i have seen. I also saw them at seattle's bumbershoot and was amazed by thier musical talents. I would not miss this proformance and i am sure it will be packed like it was in seattle.

Can't wait for it... hopefully they somehow bring Antony along and he jumps on for Bjorks set.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    I'm not a big fan, although I dig a song or two now and then. Saw them at Bumbershoot last year and thought it was pretty unimpressive.
    Really? It was the opposite for me, but to each their own =) I was amazed by the beat-boxers & just how low-key it was, I enjoyed that. Anyways, who else did you see at Bumbershoot (that you enjoyed)? Did ya go all 3 days? =)

-Alanna

I am a CocoRosie fan! I plan on seeing them at Coachella, and being closer than when I saw them at Bumbershoot. They're fun & I love all the trinkets & kid's stuff they use. They had beat-boxers that made my jaw drop to the floor too! =)

-Alanna

As a result of this thread I've just downloaded two of their albums, and am currently listening to (and enjoying) them. Not sure what it is, but there's just something intriguing about the music that makes me want to listen more, but at the same time completely relax.

Thanx a lot for bringing them to my attention, I shall be going to see them now.
    Distortion 2002 - Download 2003 - Leeds 2004 - Glastonbury 2005 - Leeds 2005 - Download 2006 - Reading 2006 - Coachella 2007 - Reading 2007.

i cant wait to see cocorosie. I have never seen them before but i am very interested as to how they will sound live.

woo! i am excited for cocorosie! i've only heard about them since last year really, so i'm psyched to see their performance.

Lurker

GIANT CocoRosie fan here!!! They are my number one must see act. I dont care if they fucking meow the whole time or pluck one string on a harp. I'm a fan for life.
    Currently reading: 'The Unbearable Lightness of Being Shot Nine Times' by 50 Cent.

Saw them at Amoeba in LA a few years back and they won me over after initially writing thm off. Not so hot on the new album but their first two are rad.

the new album leaked a little while back. there are some awful songs, lots of OK songs, and a couple great ones.

I saw some video of them on youtube.