Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I bought a Sega Genesis today

Default I bought a Sega Genesis today

Anyone want to recommend games? To be 100% honest, I don't remember a ton of them. I got the following:

Adventures of Batman & Robin
    Genesis 6-Pack (Golden Axe, Sonic the Hedgehog, Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi, Columns, Super Hang-On)
    NBA Jam
    Sports Talk Baseball

Default Re: I bought a Sega Genesis today

two words

Altered Beast

Sonic the Hedgehog. All of em
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

i also bought one about a week ago, i played altered beast and found it really boring, but i used to love that game.

vector man

i play sega games on my wii. theres no need to go out and buy the system. soon yours will be collecting dust in garage.

Man I had a Genesis, I need to look a ta list of games and then I will post some you should get.

Sonic 2
    X-Men
    any Phantasy Star

Shining Force 2, mother fuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

Gunstar Heroes. Lesser known, but to any serious Genesis fan that game was it.

old school

I'm an avid vintage video game collector. I totally dig puzzle games like every Tetris & Columns & Super Columns. Arkanoid is probly my fave for NES with the Vaus controller of course. Seek out Shove It the Warehouse game for Genesis it will drive you crazy & I swear it increases yr IQ. Also Devilish a pinball type game is cool too. I wouldn't pay more than $9 for each though. Some games are really rare & can go for substantial amounts of money even in the hundreds of dollars (usually the high dollar ones are rare Atari & NES games). Toe Jam & Earl for Genesis goes for a steady $50 complete with manual for example. Marble madness was made for Genesis too but its better to play on the NES with the Max controller for greater marble wielding control. Pick up a Sega Nomad & you can play all yr Genesis games on a handheld version of the Genesis.
    Last edited by shoegazer76; 03-24-2007 at 06:26 PM.

the best genesis game? Contra!!!!! duh!!!! 2nd best? NBA JAM!

shining force
    phantasy star
    streets of fury
    sonic the hedgehog
    fartman
    true lies(you can shoot a guys dick off!)
    NHL 94'(the greatest hockey game ever...EVER)
    Knights
    virtua fighter(need 32x peripheral)
    contra
    1942 or whatever the fuck its called
    battletoads
    TOE JAM AND EARL
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

FUCK YEAH GUNSTAR HEROES!
    Its like cracked out cartoon version of Contra!

and i swear to god the last character is where they got the idea for M Bison on streetfighter 2
    I miss Bill Hicks.

Gunstar Heroes was the shit, it's true. Also, anyone remember Mutant League Hockey/Football? Still the most fun sports games ever, really wish they'd revive the franchise. Although if you wanted to be a cheap bastard you could always beat the computer without scoring a goal, just killing so many of their players that they had to forfeit. But there's still few feelings as satisfying as having your hockey player pick up a chainsaw and mow the goalie down.

Definitely get Toe Jam and Earl.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    Definitely get Toe Jam and Earl.
    and an eighth...

ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS
    Last edited by Mr.Nipples; 03-24-2007 at 08:05 PM.
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Primal Rage...was that what it was called? A fighting game where you are dinosaurs. Fucking great game. And get the old school TNMNT. and all sonic games

I almost bought Primal Rage today. I will write these down. Thanks everyone. Keep em coming.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    i play sega games on my wii. theres no need to go out and buy the system. soon yours will be collecting dust in garage.
    Emulators suck. The graphics are scaled down usually & theres nothing like the feel of the original controller for the system. Not to mention all the different accessories & controllers that you have to have to play certain games that you can't use on yr WII.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    I'm an avid vintage video game collector. I totally dig puzzle games like every Tetris & Columns & Super Columns. Arkanoid is probly my fave for NES with the Vaus controller of course. Seek out Shove It the Warehouse game for Genesis it will drive you crazy & I swear it increases yr IQ. Also Devilish a pinball type game is cool too. I wouldn't pay more than $9 for each though. Some games are really rare & can go for substantial amounts of money even in the hundreds of dollars (usually the high dollar ones are rare Atari & NES games). Toe Jam & Earl for Genesis goes for a steady $50 complete with manual for example. Marble madness was made for Genesis too but its better to play on the NES with the Max controller for greater marble wielding control. Pick up a Sega Nomad & you can play all yr Genesis games on a handheld version of the Genesis.
    What are your thoughts on the Atari Jaguar? I have strongly considered buying one. I wanted one so bad when I was in Kindergarten.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    What are your thoughts on the Atari Jaguar? I have strongly considered buying one. I wanted one so bad when I was in Kindergarten.
    Those systems are somewhat rare & expensive. Even more hard to come by are the games in decent shape. There wasn't a whole lot of the Jaguars & their games produced. That is one of the few systems I've yet to get. I'm still on the hunt for a decent Turbo Graphix 16 too which is about neck & neck with price & rarity to the Jaguar. Panasonic 3DO is right along with both of these systems. I picked won up at a flea market for $10 it reatils for around $75. You might pay anywhere from $50 to $100 for a Jaguar on Ebay or cheaper if yr lucky. Go to atariage.com for a guide to the rareity of the sytems & games for atari. Plenty of info on the Jaguar there. If I remeber correctly I think there is a handheld version of the Jaguar too. The site isn't a price guide though. A really sweet site. They even make new games for the Atari but are kinda expensive. They also recycle old atari carts to make new games. Pretty sweet!
    Last edited by shoegazer76; 03-24-2007 at 09:16 PM.

i was actually going to bring this up but didnt know if anyone would know what it was. its pretty much the exact same thing as a genesis but the games never really lived up to the systems potential, but that seems to be normal in some cases. if you can find one on the cheap with a good library of games(theres only 40 or so), get it. im looking for one and its turning out to be pain in the ass...

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Emulators suck. The graphics are scaled down usually & theres nothing like the feel of the original controller for the system. Not to mention all the different accessories & controllers that you have to have to play certain games that you can't use on yr WII.

nothing like blowing in a cartridge...that sounds wrong.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    nothing like blowing in a cartridge...that sounds wrong.
    Very true. If yr into NES I highly reccomend getting a toploader as oppossed to the classic NES. You will very rarely have to blow into a cart the game almost always fires right up.

I'm typing with my power glove on!

i really need to get a new NES...mine is a peice of shit. explain more on this toploader, the NES is a system im not too keen on.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    i really need to get a new NES...mine is a peice of shit. explain more on this toploader, the NES is a system im not too keen on.
    It was only issued one year if I remeber correctly I think 1990 to 91 right before Nintendo pretty much scrapped the NES to Develop the Super Nintendo It is a smaller version of the NES that you push the game down into like the Super Nintendo. No springs! It comes with a much more ergonomic controller that is nicknamed the dogbone controller by NES heads. It is way more comfortable to use than a standard rectangular controller. Originals go for $50 $100 but there are new bootleg versions of it on Ebay for $25 to $30. I've never tried out a bootleg version so I cannot tell how well they perform. My original Nintendo issued toploader rocks & I pretty much stole it at a garage sale for $15.
    Last edited by shoegazer76; 03-24-2007 at 09:34 PM.

any of the road rash series, preferrably road rash 3
    Every man is his own ancestor, and every man is his own heir. He devises his own future and he inherits his own past.
    Frederick Henry Hedge

Toe Jam and Earl!

That sidescrolling X-Men game was boss. Nightcrawler FTW!
    Bicycle, you're keeping me sane.