Thread: Food trucks!!!

Default Food trucks!!!

Some of my favorite food comes outta food trucks. I'm not sure if it's because I'm helping the entrepreneur, the flavor combinations and mad scientist food creations, or the vibe that you get from ordering from the street... I love them.

Wish we could see more food trucks this year. Any idea if we will see more? If I could ask for only one, I'd ask for the Grill Em All truck from LA. Im from Vegas and I've been dying to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

Default Re: Food trucks!!!

i had shrimp pimp last year...and it was the bomb.com...

I don't recall any of the better known trucks (Lime, Grill em All, Nom Nom, Ludobities, Grill Cheese Truck, etc) ever being there. But back at Coachella 2010, there was a nondescript gyro truck that was genuinely, freaking awesome. I don't recall seeing it during last year's festival. Last year I think that spot had a Pink's stand on it. I stuck with Spicey Pie.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Ever had pinks hot dogs? They make some pretty tasty stuff. Well, certainly hope they bring some more trucks in instead of just border grill. As for the gyro's... That already sounds delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

I went to Grill 'Em All all the time when I lived in LA, some of the best burgers I've ever had. They were only there for a private afterparty last year, getting them their own spot on the fields would be awesome.
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

this yr the lime truck is doing a pop up restraunt in the camp grounds i liked the greasy weaner and a puteene truck and ton,s more

There's an awesome ice cream/dessert truck coming from LA called Coolhaus. Great ice cream. http://eatcoolhaus.com/menu

They opened up a pinks hot dogs in Planet hollywood in Vegas. Its pretty good. Im not one to eat hot dogs though

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagnanimous View Post
    There's an awesome ice cream/dessert truck coming from LA called Coolhaus. Great ice cream. http://eatcoolhaus.com/menu
    i shared a couple of these with my girlfriend last august when we were in LA for the weekend. the wrap is made of potato skin so it's edible and dissolves on your tongue.

double chocolate cookie w/ sea salt + cherry cheesecake ice cream was delicious!!! they usually only have between 8-12 different flavors on the truck at one time.

This may be the first year that I am genuinely looking forward to the food.

Quote Originally Posted by theecat View Post
    Ever had pinks hot dogs? They make some pretty tasty stuff. Well, certainly hope they bring some more trucks in instead of just border grill. As for the gyro's... That already sounds delicious.
    Skip Pink's. I dunno if they used to be fantastic, or what, but the only reason people (read: tourists) go there now is for the honor/privilege to wait in a colossal line for a startlingly mediocre product.

Pink's at Coachella last year was fucking perfect. So I disagree with you...

Walking back from the fest with an empty stomach to my campsite, it was a must. SO GOOD

oh yeah and i forgot... no line

Quote Originally Posted by cooperb1 View Post
    this yr the lime truck is doing a pop up restraunt in the camp grounds i liked the greasy weaner and a puteene truck and ton,s more
    Well look at that

http://twitter.com/#!/thelimetruck/s...20307504406530

Good call! Their food is freaking awesome.. or at least the couple of time I have eaten of their original truck it has been. Hopes are up!

Edit- here is their latest menu

http://thelimetruck.com/menu-3/

Not sure if we would get all this at Coachella. But fingers crossed for the Yum Yum Lamb Sandwich- it's awesome!
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 04-01-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagnanimous View Post
    Holy shit that sounds amazing, will definitely be checking that out this year.

The food looks amazing this year. Being that god gifted me with an insanely fast metabolism, i am probably going to end up spending >$400 on food this year
    Coachella 2011 2012 and soon to be 2013

I can't wait for the food trucks. I didn't hit up any of them last year but this year it's a must.

Food trucks = win!

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

^^^ DTF
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I really hope the Turd Truck makes it this year!! I love me some shit pies.

I really hope the Shrimp Pimp truck is back this year - amazing Oyster Po' boys!! Also at 2009 he Tri-tip sandwich was awesome...not as good the last couple of years....anyone remember the name of the silver/steel camper truck that was near the ferris wheel in 2010??

Coolhaus is alwase good and usealy in the campground and the lime truck is realy good ther sitdown place will be in the campground what i,m hereing is it will be open for bf and latenight to get a taste of the menu see the food and breveage section on coachella.com it looks good.